• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

sperm cells come from your father

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
Hey guys, would you like to type my father? I am kind of bored, and it's hot and I want someone to talk to ...so I think it would be fun typing my father even though I avoid him like the plague at times. I have a type in mind, but I might be changing my opinion on his enneagram.

ahem:

He doesn't talk too much. I see him as the kind to wake up at the same time almost everyday, go to work, come back, cook and eat dinner, do a bit more work, then go to bed. I usually only talk to him for "important" stuff. For example, when I was in elementary school, we would interact if I had homework/bad grades, had to get my conduct folder signed because I got into slight trouble during school, and I'd he'd also give me summer homework to do. As I got older (first year of high school), I once helped him do important things like go online and compare schools that we would move to or even look for a new house online since he wouldn't have time to do that. Now I do my best to avoid him unless I feel I can say something that would please him (like some kind of academic achievement/internship or whatevs.)

Whenever he drives around, he likes to build a mental map of all the towns he passes through. He also likes to note the farms he passes by and street names. Which is cool, I'd rather him talk about his mental maps of half of the states then talk about my lame internships, grades, and my "future jobs".

From the questions I've asked him about his childhood, I've gathered that he ...never talked much. Was made fun of a little. My mom said he was always at the top of his class in terms of grades. My mom thinks he never brags. I don't think he brags about himself, but he is from a culture that likes to brag; he brags about his successes of his children to his friends. I think that's simply ingrained in him because... well that's the culture.

My mom doesn't like how he isn't as nice to his kids and he is to kids who aren't his. So we see a harsher side. For example, my mom feels like he never played with my brother the way he'd play with toddlers the exact same age as my brother ...back in the day. It's still like this though. So it's always ...a bit uneasy seeing him be social outside of home because he's nicer ...and actually social instead of yelling all of the time or just simply keeping quiet. But sometimes it's not all bad; me and sometimes my sisters could get him to laugh or we ask him silly questions and he is quietly pleasant.

Oh, and once he told me that his philosophy is that we work to live (ugh, how annoying ...totally disagree xDDD)

*...I really hope my title isn't an issue...*

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
I, T and J are obvious. I can't tell Si or Ni from this description though, can you give us some more information?

Your title was ingenious by the way - anything to do with sex or reproduction will make people swarm like flies.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
From this, I'd say ISTJ. He reminds me a lot of my dad who is ISTJ 5w6 sp/sx, except from this he seems less disconnected and more personable. So maybe sp/so for instinct variant. E-gram though is really a mystery but I think you can rule out 7 if his philosophy is "work to live" haha. Doesn't sound e2 either.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah, I'd say IXTJ, leaning towards ISTJ.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
I, T and J are obvious. I can't tell Si or Ni from this description though, can you give us some more information?

Your title was ingenious by the way - anything to do with sex or reproduction will make people swarm like flies.

lol, I wasn't even thinking "what kind of title would get people's attention". I simply thought "I need a title" and that was the first thing that popped (...or pooped...) into my mind. I mean... it was as logical as "type my father," but I am rarely straight forward, so such a title was out of the question. ...and that was why I was worried about the title... it seemed irrelevant and I thought people would get mad.

...now that you know how my mind works a tad... xDDD

I agree with ITJ completely. I am just not sure if he leads with Ni or Si.

He's the type of person to research and gather facts before he buys something or does something. He sticks with what he knows. So, if he has had a friend who did xyz... he's more inclined to trust it and see it as viable. If you suggest a new way of doing things (like a different kind of career or whatever) he'll just criticize it. Also whenever we cook rice, we always reminds me that I need to follow the directions ...that way, you're sure of what you're doing. He doesn't like guesswork unless it has to happen. He also doesn't like relying on other people to do things (like fix a leaking pipe or whatever). He really likes to gather facts to make sure he's doing the best he can.

Also, he is sort of ...religious/spiritual? He likes to think of "abstract" world in a way that obeys laws. He's not completely traditional. He grew up catholic, but did not like the way it was taught. He really hates the fluff that goes on in American churches too... so I think he took it upon himself to understand Christianity his own way. For example, if you accumulate "mass" as you live your life, you sink. If you do enough good ...you lose masss ...and that's how you float up to heaven because you are more "pure". I don't think this means that he goes ahead and practices how to lose mass... but it's like an objective law to him that he understands. When I was younger, I remember him talking about elemental beings that help to shape the Earth.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ yeah, ISTJ. :yes:

E-gram wise he seems on the 5/6 axis so far.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION]

rrreeeaalllyyyy???

Even with his weird religious view points? (Not that I actually think it's weird since I think it's pretty cool... I mean... it's just not traditional at all. No one has ever heard of the religion when I bring it up). And yeah, I can't see him anything other than 5w6 or 1w9, but so far 5w6 is a lot more likely. Do you still feel comfortable with sp/so?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What sealed ISTJ for me was this part:

He's the type of person to research and gather facts before he buys something or does something. He sticks with what he knows. So, if he has had a friend who did xyz... he's more inclined to trust it and see it as viable. If you suggest a new way of doing things (like a different kind of career or whatever) he'll just criticize it. Also whenever we cook rice, we always reminds me that I need to follow the directions ...that way, you're sure of what you're doing. He doesn't like guesswork unless it has to happen. He also doesn't like relying on other people to do things (like fix a leaking pipe or whatever). He really likes to gather facts to make sure he's doing the best he can.

It's also rung true for all the ISTJs I've ever known.

As for the paragraph below that, I can't certainly say what types I see that in or how it links to JCF. But I will say I'm family friends with an ISTJ 1w9 sp/so and grew up with him, and between all of us he was the one who would take his understanding of what we were trying to create and establish the rules to be followed, the unique concepts that followed with his own understanding, and the reasons why what he was saying objectively worked.

sp/so is still a good guess imo. It's in comparison to my own dad whose type I listed in my first post. It depends on where you think his priorities are and what priorities you think he ignores.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
I agree with ITJ completely. I am just not sure if he leads with Ni or Si.

ISTJ. The stuff I bolded is classic ISTJ.