• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I'm unsure of my cognitive functions (Ti, Ni)

stephsharik

I'm not sure if I'm ti-dom with or an ni-dom. Both appear to be equally strong.

I've read a lot about the cognitive functions, but I'm on the fence here. It seems that my CFs are all jumbled.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP

I've read a lot about the cognitive functions, but I'm on the fence here. It seems that my CFs are all jumbled.

please describe your life experience in six words

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

What makes you say they appear to be equally strong?

This is a fairly common observation, by the way, an indicator of INFJ. But not necessarily.

stephsharik

What makes you say they appear to be equally strong?

This is a fairly common observation, by the way, an indicator of INFJ. But not necessarily.

I suppose I am basing this on my understanding of the cognitive functions, which may be flawed. I have two INFJ friends who laughed when I suggested I might be INFJ.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I suppose I am basing this on my understanding of the cognitive functions, which may be flawed. I have two INFJ friends who laughed when I suggested I might be INFJ.

"Alone, Dark, Dysfunctional
Changing, Growth, Learning"

Seems INFP to me. I don't think an INFJ would put much emphasis on changing.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Alone, Dark, Dysfunctional
Changing, Growth, Learning"

I don't think an INFJ would put much emphasis on changing.
I'm jumping in because I don't agree with this statement. I can see how either an INFP or INFJ could be averse to change or embrace it. I personally do both in different ways, and I'm sure there are type specific relations to change.

I'm hesitant to type people too quickly, so could you provide some more information? I could see either. In what ways are you like INFP, INFJ, or INTP? In what ways do you relate to each of the axes (I/E, N/S, T/F, P/J)? That can give you some additional information to go along with surface descriptions of cognitive functions. If you relate to both Ni and Ti I would say it's likely you are INFJ, but that's not much to go on.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just jumping in to say I disagree with this statement.

I'm hesitant to type people too quickly, so could you provide some more information? I could see either. In what ways are you like INFP, INFJ, or INTP? In what ways do you relate to each of the axes (I/E, N/S, T/F, P/J)? That can give you some additional information to go along with surface descriptions of cognitive functions. If you relate to both Ni and Ti I would say it's likely you are INFJ, but that's not much to go on.

But what if she relates to P and J equally? (I say "she" because of the Steph part of the username.)

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But what if she relates to P and J equally? (I say "she" because of the Steph part of the username.)

That may seem to be the case and that's fine; it's just a starting point, and surely she doesn't relate to all the letters equally. I'll ask some followup questions. I'd say there are type specific ways each type could seem to relate to the letters equally.

stephsharik

That may seem to be the case and that's fine; it's just a starting point, and surely she doesn't relate to all the letters equally. I'll ask some followup questions. I'd say there are type specific ways each type could seem to relate to the letters equally.

I have a slight introverted lean.

I am a conceptual thinker.

I prefer reason and rationality as motive for any action, and detest emotional arguments/appeals to emotion. (Even if they work every now and then)

And I do relate to both P and J equally.

Lastly, I'm a guy. :p

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

You can try looking at these:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=60

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=195

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=65

Actually, generally you could just look at some of the videos in the media library and get some ideas

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/vbtube.php

stephsharik

The first video left me unsure. All I know about my thinking process is that I'm not consciously going through the process. It happens automatically, and mostly subconsciously.

The second video got me thinking and I have a question. Can someone be an INFP but care nothing for ethics and morality?

The third video...well I'm not sure whether I would be an Fe user or an Fi user. At times, I can be like the Fi user, at time - the Fe user.

I went ahead and browsed some more. I'll keep digging and perusing.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The first video left me unsure. All I know about my thinking process is that I'm not consciously going through the process. It happens automatically, and mostly subconsciously.

The second video got me thinking and I have a question. Can someone be an INFP but care nothing for ethics and morality?

The third video...well I'm not sure whether I would be an Fe user or an Fi user. At times, I can be like the Fi user, at time - the Fe user.

I went ahead and browsed some more. I'll keep digging and perusing.

What's the point in finding a single type? Other typologies use mixtures of types. Only the MBTI tries to convince people that they are "a type."

Amalie Muller

MBTI Type
ENTP

How are we meant to help? You give no reasons why you think you're Ti or Ni! :D