• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What if..

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For a while I typed myself as a 5w4, as many of you know.

Recently I changed this to 9w8.

Lately I have been feeling very positive, energized, and motivated. I've been actively sending out my resume and walking into job interviews with a confidence and swagger I used to only dream of possessing. I've been displaying traits I identify more with descriptions of 8w9 than any other type.

What if all this time I thought I was a 5 I was in reality an 8 disintegrating to 5 status? I haven't been the healthiest in the past several months to a year, and I just now think I am finally getting my shit back together. Getting back on the horse, figuratively speaking.

á´…eparted

passages
Totally possible. I have seen many people over the years mistype as a link to their disentigration/integration points. You're presence here is very even keeled, and this doesn't really give much for me to read so I can't say what type you may be. 8's often have a reputation of being mean/nasty/domineering which leads to people not consider it for not being "tough enough" to be it.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Totally possible. I have seen many people over the years mistype as a link to their disentigration/integration points. You're presence here is very even keeled, and this doesn't really give much for me to read so I can't say what type you may be. 8's often have a reputation of being mean/nasty/domineering which leads to people not consider it for not being "tough enough" to be it.

I think 8 is one of the most misunderstood types. Especially at this forum, considering that some 8s here have a reputation as troublemakers and aggressors. I'm not going to name anyone but I think we all know who I am talking about.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think 8 is one of the most misunderstood types. Especially at this forum, considering that some 8s here have a reputation as troublemakers and aggressors. I'm not going to name anyone but I think we all know who I am talking about.

:whistling:

Just like any type, there are the gross stereotypes, and some people hilariously fit them. I think of 8 as a strong, firm energy. One that stands its ground.

I say try it on for size! You mentioned you may have been disintegrated before, less healthy. Do you recall being more 8ish before that rough period? Is that a natural resting place for you?

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
what if you're a six?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:whistling:

Just like any type, there are the gross stereotypes, and some people hilariously fit them. I think of 8 as a strong, firm energy. One that stands its ground.

I say try it on for size! You mentioned you may have been disintegrated before, less healthy. Do you recall being more 8ish before that rough period? Is that a natural resting place for you?

I thought 9 was a more natural fit. Everything I knew about 8 had led me to believe 8s are aggressive conquerers who disregard the needs or feelings of others.

what if you're a six?

Or

what if I'm a 9 with a very strong 8 wing and I had disintegrated to 6? This has also occurred to me.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I read somewhere 6s will blame others for problems whereas 9s at 6 will blame others for exposing problems. That rang especially true for me. Healthy or unhealthy, I'm usually one to accept responsibility for my own actions and problems (unhealthy version of me will become lethargic and depressed and resigned to the fact that I am in an unescapable mess of my own design; healthy me will realize I am the architect of my misfortune but strategize and strive to find ways out of the mess and put the past behind me). In an unhealthy state, however, I will become very upset and blame others for exposing any faults or problems, although I will still generally accept problems as my own--you know, give credit where credit is due.

As far as what I've read about 8s disintegrating to 5, it is my understanding that 8s at 5 will be flooded by uncontrollable anxiety and negative thoughts, thus retreating further into their heads as they start to feel a loss of control in their lives. This is also something I have identified in my life.

I'm still leaning 9, but I have a lot to learn about the enneagram.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The other option is that I am in fact a 5 or 9 in the process of integrating to 8 or 9, respectively.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wonder if that's why there are so many damn 9s at this forum--identity seekers. There's even more people with it as second or third in their tritypes.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I see you as more 9 than 8 -- but that's probably because you vibe like senza tema and [MENTION=5627]BlackCat[/MENTION] to me. Both ISxP 9.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I see you as more 9 than 8 -- but that's probably because you vibe like senza tema and [MENTION=5627]BlackCat[/MENTION] to me. Both ISxP 9.

I think so too. It's just something that crossed my mind yesterday. I think I am verging on integration to 3. It's f-ing awesome and I want to be this way all of the time. More self-confidence than I've had in a long time.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If viewing yourself as a 9 with an 8 wing leaves you feeling empowered to fix your life and produces positive results, isn't that what matters?

I used to prioritize "getting the type right," but realistically types are just frameworks through which we view things. Typically there will be overlap and bleed among categories. And this is not a test or a quiz, it's more about finding a perspective of yourself that provides use to you to become a better, competent, happier, actualized human being. Some perspectives are more useful than others (especially if they do reflect actual traits in ourselves), but in the end we try to understand ourselves in order to help us move forward in life. so if you identify with a few different categories, look at them all and explore them.

Chances are here that you have aspects of yourself that fit into the 5 and 9 categories and whatever else, and you have discovered that reexamining yourself as a 9w8 is empowering to you in some way. If so, good.

I found myself that specc'ing as a 5 empowered me when I realized that integration meant moving towards 8 and applying (rather than just stewing in) my knowledge and learning. I also noticed that when I spiral towards 7, that's a sign that things are not going well in my life and thus something needs to change.

But I also accepted that I have developed a lot of 9 zen when I was young, to mediate and provide stability with a rather instable environment, and so I don't have to feel bad about wanting to keep the peace and mediate. That aspect of myself provides me with some security, even if I feel bad at times I am not as forceful as I wish. But I'll get that from using my collected knowledge to achieve goals and enact a vision (moving towards 8 for me).

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If viewing yourself as a 9 with an 8 wing leaves you feeling empowered to fix your life and produces positive results, isn't that what matters?

I used to prioritize "getting the type right," but realistically types are just frameworks through which we view things. Typically there will be overlap and bleed among categories. And this is not a test or a quiz, it's more about finding a perspective of yourself that provides use to you to become a better, competent, happier, actualized human being. Some perspectives are more useful than others (especially if they do reflect actual traits in ourselves), but in the end we try to understand ourselves in order to help us move forward in life. so if you identify with a few different categories, look at them all and explore them.

Chances are here that you have aspects of yourself that fit into the 5 and 9 categories and whatever else, and you have discovered that reexamining yourself as a 9w8 is empowering to you in some way. If so, good.

I found myself that specc'ing as a 5 empowered me when I realized that integration meant moving towards 8 and applying (rather than just stewing in) my knowledge and learning. I also noticed that when I spiral towards 7, that's a sign that things are not going well in my life and thus something needs to change.

But I also accepted that I have developed a lot of 9 zen when I was young, to mediate and provide stability with a rather instable environment, and so I don't have to feel bad about wanting to keep the peace and mediate. That aspect of myself provides me with some security, even if I feel bad at times I am not as forceful as I wish. But I'll get that from using my collected knowledge to achieve goals and enact a vision (moving towards 8 for me).

Thanks. Your walls of text are always nice. I wasn't being sarcastic--some people write walls of text just spewing out complete BS.

I can see myself moving toward 6 when I feel like I'm not in control of my environment or unable to help the people who rely on me as their calm place (that's what I offer to my family because when everyone else is stressed or losing their shit, I tend to remain calm and zen about things, so it helps pacify their anxiety). I can see 3 when I am at my best, filled with confidence and more competitive in spirit. I stop worrying about failing and go into what is almost like an autopilot mode where I want to tackle everything that comes my way.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
why did you tag me? i don't know you. i'm not a 5, i'm not an 8. how can i help you?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am integrating as well, and it's super empowering! You kinda come off as a 9w8.