• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is this guy?

atlascatcher

MBTI Type
NiFe
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Can't claim to be new to MBTI but I haven't read any of the books or anything... anyways, how can you type someone from seeing their face? Are there correlations between physical characteristics and types?

There have been no studies done that directly correlate physical characteristics and MBTI type. Visual typing is an area that gained a lot of ground in another system called Socionics, which was developed out of Russia using Jung's Psychological Type findings as a basis.

Here's a website that claims to use composites of faces of the various types of Russian individuals: Sociotype Face Composites

That being said I am still guilty of associating certain facial characteristics, typically how a person smiles and how their mouth moves when they talk alongside their eyes, with various types. It is not at all reliable but I have noticed similar characteristics between types.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Can't claim to be new to MBTI but I haven't read any of the books or anything... anyways, how can you type someone from seeing their face? Are there correlations between physical characteristics and types?

I/E and perhaps T/F are possible to tell from people's appearance, especially with the aid of body language.

Though Socionics tries to do a full typing by appearance, I do not think that the other two dichotomies can be deduced in this way.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
koala tea thread

db84c0cccab600b3b638ebfe975d7344-d4fv0g9.png