• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Opinions on my type? (Based off PerC questionnaire)

Snow Turtle

Hello. I apologise in advance if this is too much information. I found this questionnaire on personalityC and thought I'd cross post it for some opinions here. I have an idea of what my type is already, but thought I'd just throw this out here to see what people think based off this information. IMood-wise, some of my answers can be a little on the negative side since my self-esteem isn't the greatest. But hopefully it shouldn't affect the answers too much.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

Green Lake II by Rebecca Ang (flickr.com/photos/rp_ang/14472917600/in/explore-2014-07-15)

I find I'm usually drawn to these "evening" landscape photos as it reflects what I would like to be internally. Peaceful, calm and elegant. The water makes me think of clarity, and reminds me that life needn't be complicated, that there is a very simple path that I can travel along. These type of imagery tend to make me reflect on where I am, what I'm doing, what's important and where I would like to be.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

Wait, what happened? Why has the car suddenly broke down?
I'd probably start panicing about whether we'd make it in time but as the time approaches closer to the opening time, I'd start to lose hope and start talking about sod's law and how silly-amusing the whole situation is.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

Individually, I'm not really a party person so I'm more than happy to explore somewhere else in the mean time. However if my partner decided to go to this place, I'd probably follow along even though it's not really my thing. Regarding whether I trust the driver to keep his promise, that's dependent on how much of a professional they are, but I would assume so. I have no problems with other people doing their own thing.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

Depends on who the friend is, and whether it's worth getting into a debate. For example, some friends are more likely to ridicule my opposing stance rather than consider it fully. Other friends just don't like the confrontation especiailly if it's something that is important to them. If it's a trival matter, then I'm more likely to give my opinion. Usually this is provided in the form of initial questioning about whether something is really true, and offering an alternative prespective to question. "What about this?"
I guess this way of communication can be considered as "chicken" by some people, and I have occasionally been berated by my girlfriend for not being clear about what I'm trying to say.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

Assuming the information doesn't trigger some strong moral reaction within me, I'd probably adopt the attitude of "Oh, I never thought of it like that. That's an interesting way to think about it/approach it" and add it to my understanding of how people view things differently. In that sense, it's the reason why I can sometimes end up enjoying reading more about people's opinions on various subjects more so than the actual subjects. Since I like to understand different opinions, and believe humans are prone to making mistakes, I can come across as being too lenient. This can frustrate people who want me to side with them, while I'm trying to find explanations for why they engaged in XYZ behaviour. I believe most actions have a reason behind them even if I don't fully understand it yet.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Empathy, understanding and patience are all very important values to me. While these attributes are taught at school at a very early age. It wasn't until I disappointed one of my friends during a romantic first meetup, that I truly understood how much I had hurt them with my actions and words. It made me become a lot more conscious of other people, even though I don't really interact much with people now. When I become a teacher, these are some of the invisible things I would ideally like to pass on.

At school, while I wasn't a loner, I spent my time with a small group compromised of "geeks/nerds" if I were to attach a label. Consequently I started developing an identity that our group was unique and different to the rest of the school. Whenever I saw people getting bullied for being "different", I'd react very strongly towards the situation and try to intervene. Looking back on all of this, I suppose it was probably a defence mechanism. It wasn't until college-university that my partner shattered my ideas of "unique/normal" individuals (in accordance to society) as she didn't look at people with these binary way of thinking and didn't self-identify as unique in comparison to some other friends. I felt quite immature for my view point, and it was initially quite hard to change my thought patterns that had become a habit. These days, I just take a more neutral position, where lots of people are very different in their own way. As long as they play to their own strengths and don't screw others over in the process that's fine with me.

Kindness is a very important value to me. I don't mind other people doing things as long as there is no intention to hurt in the process. While some behaviours can have very strong negative impacts, it's more important for me to understand what the intention was originally before making judgement.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

I try to be balanced when forming my view points more so than most people I know in my immediate surroundings. That combined with my nature that people are free to do whatever makes me quite easy to get along with. Having said that, sometimes I can be quite stubborn and arrogant in arguing my position, especiailly if I have spent ages researching the topic matter and feel that the other person hasn't done so. So, people sometimes say it's like arguing with a brick wall.

The downside of wanting to be considerate of other people is that I can sometimes be a little uncertain about my own view points, ultimately offering little input. I'm not a very social person and sometimes actively avoid people because I'm uncomfortable with the idea of not having anything to say in a conversation. As a result, I'm most comfortable helping people since there is less pressure for me to engage in conversation. This would be my worst trait. I am quite a personal individual, but to other people, I probably come across as a friendly but distant person. This is mostly a self-esteem and conversational topic issue though that I've spent way too long (Last 7-8 years) reading about but not really making any progress. I suppose in some ways I'm quite idealistic, but also quite lazy in actually putting things into action. It can have a negative impact sometimes, the combination of being idealistic, but also knowing that I'm not achieving what I could be doing because of my procrastination etc...

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

If I get a gut feeling or hunch, I'd usually just try to examine why I'm feeling that particular way. If I suspect there might be something there, then I just spend ages searching for clues, collecting information that might help verify my suspicion.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

I like to play board games with my friends. One aspect of board games and gaming in general is that I like expanding my knowledge of how the game works, learning about strategies and then trying out unique and unusual playstyles. For example, I enjoyed learning about T-spinning in tetris as I thought it was quite cool. Friends and family have commented that when I'm playing games, I have a very intense focused look in my eyes.

Activities that drain me the most would be when I'm in a social environment that I don't really want to be in (e.g. Clubs/Pubs) as I feel pressured to be part of the event. It's not so bad with close friends, as they know that I'll just fall into the background, but if it's with strangers, I will feel a lot of pressure to interact when it's not really me.

Alternatively, when I'm short on time, flustered and panicking about what I need to accomplish. My brain just frizzles away and I can't think straight anymore.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

There are times when I would like to act like a little child (not often) but I wouldn't do so as some people just find it strange. I'm more likely to show this side of me around family and friends who know every once in a while I just act silly. For the most part though, I'm pretty straight forward and not really "random" as such. When I play DnD, I like to play my characters a little more impulsively, throwing myself into fantasy and adventures.

Romello

Permabanned
MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
?
You're ESTJ. No question about it based on the above

TheFool

Enneagram
5w4
Hmm... you don't sound like an ESTJ to me. I'm getting more of an IxFx vibe from you... and maybe Ne and Si? What do you think of the INFP and ISFJ descriptions?

Last edited:

OrderOfTheCaelifera

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Hello. I apologise in advance if this is too much information. I found this questionnaire on personalityC and thought I'd cross post it for some opinions here. I have an idea of what my type is already, but thought I'd just throw this out here to see what people think based off this information. IMood-wise, some of my answers can be a little on the negative side since my self-esteem isn't the greatest. But hopefully it shouldn't affect the answers too much.
[/COLOR]

I'm not much good at typing but I thought those answers suggested more of an ESFJ type.

KellBell

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have no idea why people are typing you as an extravert, but I'm 110% sure you aren't considering you have explicitly mentioned that you are not a party person and that you aren't a huge fan of going out to places like clubs. My father is an ESTJ and he's so extroverted it exhausts me and he thinks I'm antisocial just because I told him I don't enjoy small talk because it isn't all that meaningful. At the very least I'm sure that you're an introvert.

Your idealistic appreciation of peace, harmony and kindness tells me you just might be an NF, especially considering the way you mentioned how important empathy and understanding are to you. But at the very least you are an intuitive, truthfully I kind of want to type you as having Ni. The way that you are constantly looking for new strategies during an intellectual board game (which P.S. having intense facials expressions tells me you probably have Fe) and the way that your first instinct about the car breaking down is to find causation rather than a solution, at least at first, seems to suggest the use of Ti in tandem to your Ni as well.

The way you are open and receptive to new perspectives and ideas and the way you notice "some friends are more likely to ridicule [your] opposing stance rather than consider it fully" tells me one, that you are open to opposing stances, but two, that you are very perceptive, as well. This reinforces your peace keeping quality as well as the fact that you use Ti instead of Fi since you're so good at being objective. But, reinforcing your Fe empathetic like quality, it is very important to you to consider what people's intentions are before you decide whether or not to be confrontational, because even if they're wrong, if they had good intentions you would never want to lash out at them.

All considered, maybe I'm just being crazy and self projecting onto you, but I'm thinking you might just maybe be an INFJ. After all, the INFJ is considered the protector and although you showed a clear preference for keeping the peace, if anybody threatens your friends, you immediately jump in and come to their rescue. That, and you wrote long answers that were well written and well thought through, very INFJ of you. ;)

I'd be willing to bet that on a personal level, you greatly enjoy toying and tinkering around with different ideas and perspectives, here's a link to what it's like to have Ni, see if you resonate with what it says. We INFJs often find we feel like perceivers because of how perceptive we are even though we're technically judgers.
Rethinking Judging & Perceiving in IPs & IJs - Personality Junkie
Introverted Intuition (Ni)
And here are some pretty good articles I have found for INFJs
Great article about INFJ - WOW! - Brad Garbus, LPCA
Portrait of an INFJ
INFJ Personality Profile

Good luck!

P.S. If you really are an INFJ, this article just might help you understand some of your quirky body movements lol
http://www.infjs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21590
That and this guy is really helpful, and just in case you're not an INFJ, he will be a really great resource!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M32HTTaowW8&index=12&list=FLJ3AOxBtc9MvT_DeydNSVXw

Last thing I promise, this will help you an insurmountable amount with understanding an INFJ's relationship to all 8 functions!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZGp45kG1Yg&index=14&list=FLJ3AOxBtc9MvT_DeydNSVXw

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hmm, I get that INFJ vibe from you, but you could also be INFP.