• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The LAST time I'm gonna do a thread like this.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
I have decided to start a new thread rather than revive the old one which contained a lot of derails and trolling. Do not post in this thread if you don't have an opinion on my tritype and instinctive stacking and/or have further questions for me about them.

I am frustrated about the Enneagram. Due to my energy levels and mood varying so much over the course of the day, I identify with different types at different times and can get vastly different results. I usually feel very confident, sharp and determined in the morning and early afternoon. Later, I start feeling tired, emotionally expressive and often quite lonely. An example of the difference: early in the day I'm thinking about how many women I could have sex with without stopping, later in the day I just dream about someone giving me a hug. Though none of this seems directly connected to Enneagram, my daily mood "cycle" really affects my results on tests. To an extent, it does the same to MBTI.

Anyway, to make it a bit easier for everyone, I've attached my results from a Values test, and an Enneagram test strongly bearing in mind my personality over my life to date. I've also posted some pictures of myself around the forum if that would help (I'm a bit suspicious of this method of typing, but less than i was). So I look forward to people's answers. Any serious feedback, for example more information anyone wants from me, questions you'd like me to answer...don't hold back. Let's get this right.

Romello

Permabanned
MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
?
Seems like everyone always scores high on image/ security focus on that second test, including me. I remember the questions are phrased to where any self respecting guy or gal would provide answers yielding such results. Bad road to travel on toward authentic conclusions imo.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Seems like everyone always scores high on image/ security focus on that second test, including me. I remember the questions are phrased to where any self respecting guy or gal would provide answers yielding such results. Bad road to travel on toward authentic conclusions imo.

The inherently flawed nature of online tests is why I didn't just post one test result and nothing else.

Romello

Permabanned
MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
?
The inherently flawed nature of online tests is why I didn't just post one test result and nothing else.

Yeah I didn't read the above paragraph initially, which is also why I seemed to ignore your final instruction before the test results lol. My apologies. Don't know shit about enneagram.

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm pretty sure you are 6w5 with a 3w4 heart fix, rather than 4w5 as you previously had. With a 4w5 heart fix you're less likely to create a thread like http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/the-graveyard/71037-fat-ugly-chicks.html, in bitterness, a 3w4 will lash out much stronger, especially if combined with the counterphobic 6w5 core. You may also be so/sp rather than sx/sp, at least based on vibes, seeing as how I don't know you too well.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
[MENTION=20005]Noll[/MENTION] Cool. So a head-heart fixed type. I changed the final type in my tritype between 8 and 1 often. Do you have an opinion on that, and if not, what could I say that would be helpful to people in the thread in making up their minds?

I have my Skype up so anyone who wants to talk to me on there to get a better idea is welcome (just say who you are). That's another option for people who want more information.

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
[MENTION=20005]Noll[/MENTION] Cool. So a head-heart fixed type. I changed the final type in my tritype between 8 and 1 often. Do you have an opinion on that, and if not, what could I say that would be helpful to people in the thread in making up their minds?
Definitely 1w9 gut fix, you seem to have a very logical and inhumane outlook on society (I don't mean this in a judging manner). 1w9 has this tendency, as for 8, you don't seem to have that fiery quality, you know? 8's aren't ones to retreat a lot either, and you seem like someone who retreats at least to some degree in real life. Which is what 9w1 does as well, but they are more bubbly and flowery a lot of the times, and more apathetic than you seem to be. I'm sorry for not explaining it better, it's not my strongest side and it's sort of exhausting for me. INTJ cp6w5-3w4-1w9 ??/sp though, yes I do think that's you. Perhaps someone who is smarter than me can come with better feedback.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
*CLENCHES TEETH HARD*

RAPE

Seriously though, consider the following:

8's strive to purge themselves of all fear, weakness, and objective kinks in their armor, so that they will feel invulnerable.

1's strive to purge themselves of all flawes, morally speaking, so that they will feel uncorruptible.

6's strive to be powerful and successful as a means to fight their fear of feeling unsupported and guided.

All 3 can be self critical in their own way, but it has to do with their core fears.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Seriously though, consider the following:

8's strive to purge themselves of all fear, weakness, and objective kinks in their armor, so that they will feel invulnerable.

I feel like this sometimes. I don't want to be a weak person - I want to be able to just look at anybody who might threaten me, and them realise that I'm not afraid and can tear them apart. Sometimes I'm feel this confident, and it's one of the best feelings in the world for me. However, I can still get intimidated, and as my father and brother are stronger than me they use this a lot as a way to stop me from expressing that I'm an adult and want to be treated as such. I hate that. I wanted to be able to stand up to them as fear is the only thing my brother especially knows. It's important for me to feel physically strong. I am a big guy and physically fit, but I still feel very weak because of my poor health. And I absolutely can't stand that and not being able to change it.

1's strive to purge themselves of all flawes, morally speaking, so that they will feel uncorruptible.

No, I don't strive to be morally perfect. I don't even believe that an objective standard of morality exists; there are some things that we instinctively know to be wrong, or desirable (human nature) but beyond that I think we deduce moral values on our own.

6's strive to be powerful and successful as a means to fight their fear of feeling unsupported and guided.

This is me in a way. I want to be strong, powerful and independent of everyone else, and able to live my own life without being supported by anyone. I hate feeling weak, unable to look after/defend myself, and just worried that I wouldn't be able to survive in situations that other people would. Fundamentally, I want to be free and able to live my own life, the way I want to. I have a very defined vision of what I want to do with my life. However, I don't feel that I need support a lot of the time (though I will look for it if it's critical) and like to work on my own. Everything I can achieve on my own, without any help, gives me more pleasure and purpose.

All 3 can be self critical in their own way, but it has to do with their core fears.

I criticise myself a lot more than I do anyone else, but don't let that out. What is the core fear of the 3? I am not that personally ambitious and concerned about academic failure, though I am quite self conscious about my appearance.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am frustrated about the Enneagram. Due to my energy levels and mood varying so much over the course of the day, I identify with different types at different times and can get vastly different results. I usually feel very confident, sharp and determined in the morning and early afternoon. Later, I start feeling tired, emotionally expressive and often quite lonely. An example of the difference: early in the day I'm thinking about how many women I could have sex with without stopping, later in the day I just dream about someone giving me a hug. Though none of this seems directly connected to Enneagram, my daily mood "cycle" really affects my results on tests. To an extent, it does the same to MBTI.

What is it that you do during the day? Does it give you energy? Does it drain you? How? Why? What do you hate doing? What do you love doing?

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
What is it that you do during the day?

As I'm a student, it varies.

At the moment for example, I am multitasking between posting on here and reading one of my theory books on musical form. I like it this way. If I was doing just one thing for that long, I would quickly get bored and lose focus. A general overview of my day is study, lectures & tutes (some days), piano practice, various forms of exercise and recreational time online.

Does it give you energy?

Not really, I am either neutral or negative about what i do. What gives me energy is going out, away from the city. At the very least, into the hills and forests, but ideally, traveling overseas.

Does it drain you? How? Why?

Most things I do take up some concentration and my mental energy is finite. Composing is especially energy consuming, i can only really write a minute's worth of music a day at most. The process of having to concentrate and synthesise entirely new things, then write it all down accurately, is quite stressful. I rarely meet deadlines with my creative (as opposed to theoretical) work, and i don't feel that i am getting any better, which frustrates me even more.

Oddly, this is disconnected to my physical energy/stamina. I could be unable to think clearly and feel drained, but still be able to go out for a long run.

What do you hate doing? What do you love doing?

I hate waiting in queues, having to listen to boring conversations, wasting my time on anything/anyone.... There's not much that I could say I love. Listening to music, maybe, traveling and sex.

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
As for the types that aren't your core type, if I recall correctly they don't determine your basic fears and desires - that's what your core does. It's worth considering that counterphobic 6's can be 8-like from time to time, only with a more emotional touch.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Kullervo said:
I hate waiting in queues, having to listen to boring conversations, wasting my time on anything/anyone.... There's not much that I could say I love. Listening to music, maybe, traveling and sex.

Everyone should work on this. People know what they hate, but how many people know what they love?

I do not mean that I am seasoned pilgrim, but I think I have found the road to Mecca, at least.

How many people actually read my OP post?!?

I looked at your results, in saw that 4,5,6 and 8 were pretty high. My assessment is consistent with the top result.

I admit that I don't put much stock in your tritype, but I guess I'd put 4 and 1 in there.