• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help me find my type

Lain

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||| 50%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||| 26%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||| 50%
Type 4 Individualism |||||||||||| 46%
Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||||| 42%
Type 6 Security Focus |||||||||||||||| 70%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||| 34%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||| 38%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||| 34%

type score type behavior motivation
6 17 I must be secure and safe to survive.
1 12 I must be perfect and good to survive.
3 12 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.
4 11 I must be unique/different to survive.
5 10 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
8 9 I must be strong and in control to survive.
7 8 I must be fun and entertained to survive.
9 8 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.
2 6 I must be helpful and caring to survive

Take 2

6 15 I must be secure and safe to survive.
3 13 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.
4 12 I must be unique/different to survive.
5 12 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
1 11 I must be perfect and good to survive.
7 9 I must be fun and entertained to survive.
8 8 I must be strong and in control to survive.
9 8*I must maintain peace/calm to survive.
2 7 *I must be helpful and caring to survive.

Type 1 **Perfectionism |||||||||||| 46%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||| 30%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||| 54%
Type 4 Individualism |||||||||||| 50%
Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||||| 50%
Type 6 Security Focus |||||||||||||||| 62%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||| 38%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||| 34%

Other tests:

The Big 5 test on Celebrity types says I am most like Thomas Jefferson (listed as INFJ on the site)

Tested INTJ on the intuitive musician test (although I am not a musician)

INTJ according to psychology-tools.

Usually INP on Humanmetrics.

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (50%) 
your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods
Ti (Introverted Thinking) (60%) 
your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational
Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (45%) 
your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli
Ni (Introverted Intuition) (70%) 
your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity
Se (Extroverted Sensing) (30%) 
your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment
Si (Introverted Sensing) (20%) 
your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments
Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (40%) 
your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups
Fi (Introverted Feeling) (50%) 
your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

Actualized type: INTP
(who you are)
Introverted (I) 62.96% Extroverted (E) 37.04%
Intuitive (N) 57.14% Sensing (S) 42.86%
Thinking (T) 59.09% Feeling (F) 40.91%
Perceiving (P) 55.56% Judging (J) 44.44%

Preferred type: INTJ
(who you prefer to be)
Introverted (I) 66.67% Extroverted (E) 33.33%
Sensing (S) 50% Intuitive (N) 50%
Thinking (T) 68% Feeling (F) 32%
Judging (J) 65.63% Perceiving (P) 34.38%

Attraction type: INTJ
(who you are attracted to)
Introverted (I) 64.52% Extroverted (E) 35.48%
Intuitive (N) 58.82% Sensing (S) 41.18%
Thinking (T) 54.29% Feeling (F) 45.71%
Judging (J) 60% Perceiving (P) 40%

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

I have OCD traits such as BDD and I exhibit many AvPD traits as well.

1. What is beauty? What is love?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Love is a chemical in the brain.

2. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?

Subjective beliefs have no bearing on the objective truth. God does/does not exist regardless of how I feel about it.

3. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

Ignore it.

4. When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

Theorize. As much as I'd love to memorize, I have trouble keeping focused on the current moment.

5. Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I usually filter everything first. I prefer one-on-one conversations.

6. What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Vapid shallowness. The valley girl cliche who constantly says "so" and "like", the type that gossips and cries on social media over some first world problem.

7. What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life.

Hygiene and the environment

8. You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

I'd either read or surf the internet all day.

9. When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I want to control every aspect.

10. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?

I don't have a relationship with society. I do not hold social norms, customs, or traditions to a high importance and I only value things that benefit me. I see people as people.

11. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?

I do not have a relationship with authority. I think people with authority have too much power; they are not to be trusted. It doesn't mean anything to me unless I'm being taken advantage of.

Other information:

I have trouble remembering things. It usually takes me 10 seconds to remember what I had for dinner last night.

My personality is malleable.

I hate stories that are predictable and conventional.

I am not very perceptive of how others see me.

yeghor

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||| 50%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||| 26%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||| 50%
Type 4 Individualism |||||||||||| 46%
Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||||| 42%
Type 6 Security Focus |||||||||||||||| 70%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||| 34%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||| 38%

6 17 I must be secure and safe to survive.
1 12 I must be perfect and good to survive.
3 12 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.
4 11 I must be unique/different to survive.
5 10 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
8 9 I must be strong and in control to survive.
7 8 I must be fun and entertained to survive.
9 8 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.
2 6 I must be helpful and caring to survive

Take 2

6 15 I must be secure and safe to survive.
3 13 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.
4 12 I must be unique/different to survive.
5 12 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
1 11 I must be perfect and good to survive.
7 9 I must be fun and entertained to survive.
8 8 I must be strong and in control to survive.
9 8*I must maintain peace/calm to survive.
2 7 *I must be helpful and caring to survive.

Type 1 **Perfectionism |||||||||||| 46%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||| 30%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||| 54%
Type 4 Individualism |||||||||||| 50%
Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||||| 50%
Type 6 Security Focus |||||||||||||||| 62%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||| 38%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||| 34%

Other tests:

The Big 5 test on Celebrity types says I am most like Thomas Jefferson (listed as INFJ on the site)

Tested INTJ on the intuitive musician test (although I am not a musician)

INTJ according to psychology-tools.

Usually INP on Humanmetrics.

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (50%) 
your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods
Ti (Introverted Thinking) (60%) 
your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational
Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (45%) 
your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli
Ni (Introverted Intuition) (70%) 
your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity
Se (Extroverted Sensing) (30%) 
your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment
Si (Introverted Sensing) (20%) 
your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments
Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (40%) 
your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups
Fi (Introverted Feeling) (50%) 
your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

Actualized type: INTP
(who you are)
Introverted (I) 62.96% Extroverted (E) 37.04%
Intuitive (N) 57.14% Sensing (S) 42.86%
Thinking (T) 59.09% Feeling (F) 40.91%
Perceiving (P) 55.56% Judging (J) 44.44%

Preferred type: INTJ
(who you prefer to be)
Introverted (I) 66.67% Extroverted (E) 33.33%
Sensing (S) 50% Intuitive (N) 50%
Thinking (T) 68% Feeling (F) 32%
Judging (J) 65.63% Perceiving (P) 34.38%

Attraction type: INTJ
(who you are attracted to)
Introverted (I) 64.52% Extroverted (E) 35.48%
Intuitive (N) 58.82% Sensing (S) 41.18%
Thinking (T) 54.29% Feeling (F) 45.71%
Judging (J) 60% Perceiving (P) 40%

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

I have OCD traits such as BDD and I exhibit many AvPD traits as well.

1. What is beauty? What is love?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Love is a chemical in the brain.

2. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?

Subjective beliefs have no bearing on the objective truth. God does/does not exist regardless of how I feel about it.

3. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

Ignore it.

4. When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

Theorize. As much as I'd love to memorize, I have trouble keeping focused on the current moment.

5. Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I usually filter everything first. I prefer one-on-one conversations.

6. What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Vapid shallowness. The valley girl cliche who constantly says "so" and "like", the type that gossips and cries on social media over some first world problem.

7. What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life.

Hygiene and the environment

8. You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

I'd either read or surf the internet all day.

9. When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I want to control every aspect.

10. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?

I don't have a relationship with society. I do not hold social norms, customs, or traditions to a high importance and I only value things that benefit me. I see people as people.

11. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?

I do not have a relationship with authority. I think people with authority have too much power; they are not to be trusted. It doesn't mean anything to me unless I'm being taken advantage of.

Other information:

I have trouble remembering things. It usually takes me 10 seconds to remember what I had for dinner last night.

My personality is malleable.

I hate stories that are predictable and conventional.

I am not very perceptive of how others see me.

According my own theory in my signature, you might be an ENTJ. Do you have a compulsion to be the most superior person in a group and dominate\control others? Do you feel fearful that others might hurt you when you are not the superior one in a group?

Lain

Do you have a compulsion to be the most superior person in a group and dominate\control others?

I don't know if I'd call it a compulsion, but I do fantasize about being in charge. The thing about being a true "alpha male" (hate that term) is only you know it; it is not something to be established.

Do you feel fearful that others might hurt you when you are not the superior one in a group?

I'm naturally skeptical of people; it has nothing to do with superiority.

If I am an ENTJ, then I am a Matt Damon type of ENTJ.

EDIT: I do think Ni, Fi, Se, and Te are my functions in some arranged order.

yeghor

I don't know if I'd call it a compulsion, but I do fantasize about being in charge. The thing about being a true "alpha male" (hate that term) is only you know it; it is not something to be established.

I'm naturally skeptical of people; it has nothing to do with superiority.

If I am an ENTJ, then I am a Matt Damon type of ENTJ.

EDIT: I do think Ni, Fi, Se, and Te are my functions in some arranged order.

I got an ENTJ friend who's preoccupied with how a true man should be and act. Matt Damon plays an ENTJ in the movie Good Will Hunting, and perhaps in the Bourne series.

Lain

It's certainly a possibility, but I've always considered myself an introvert. I'm not very in touch with what is happening in the world.

Romello

Permabanned
MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
?
I got an ENTJ friend who's preoccupied with how a true man should be and act. Matt Damon plays an ENTJ in the movie Good Will Hunting, and perhaps in the Bourne series.

Will Hunting was ISTP. Maybe INTJ. Not an extrovert though...but I guess that's for another thread huh

yeghor

Will Hunting was ISTP. Maybe INTJ. Not an extrovert though...but I guess that's for another thread huh

Actually the interaction between Will and the Psychiatrist in Good Will Hunting reminds me of the chapter "At Tikhon's" in Dostoevski's novel "The Possessed\Demons".

The main character in the novel, Stavrogin, is an ENTJ. In that chapter Stavrogin pays a visit to a idiosyncratic and famed monk who's shunned by even his fellow clergyman including the father superior.

I can see that IxTPs may also identify with the character. However, that amount of overbearing power coupled with physical prowess requires an extravert, especially the verbal sparring and glibness thing. Introverts are far too contained for that.

It's available at there for anyone interested:

http://dbanach.com/Woolf-Stavrogin.pdf

Romello

Permabanned
MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
?
Actually the interaction between Will and the Psychiatrist in Good Will Hunting reminds me of the chapter "At Tikhon's" in Dostoevski's novel "The Possessed\Demons".

The main character in the novel, Stavrogin, is an ENTJ. In that chapter Stavrogin pays a visit to a idiosyncratic and famed monk who's shunned by even his fellow clergyman including the father superior.

I can see that IxTPs may also identify with the character. However, that amount of overbearing power coupled with physical prowess requires an extravert, especially the verbal sparring and glibness thing. Introverts are far too contained for that.

It's available at there for anyone interested:

http://dbanach.com/Woolf-Stavrogin.pdf

Overbearing power is something the character didn't really possess (verbal sparring and glibness he certainly did though) , and physical prowess is something definitely not "required" by extroverts or anyone for that matter. Maybe such a quality is more prominent among sensors, but not a requirement for any type. Poor word choice there yeghor. As for introverts being too contained for such behavior, that is an absurd generalization. In fact, I'd say many IXTX types are famous for it, although perhaps the presentation is somewhat different from that of extroverts, though not always by any stretch. But to be fair ENTJ isn't totally out of the question. Just not as likely to me as the others.

yeghor

[MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION] [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] Sorry I failed to find the info about the admin assigned to this thread.

Would it be possible to move the discussion about Good Will Hunting or Matt Damon to the thread at:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/popular-culture-and-type/20325-hunting-4.html

Cause I'll be replying to this. Thanks.

Overbearing power is something the character didn't really possess (verbal sparring and glibness he certainly did though) , and physical prowess is something definitely not "required" by extroverts or anyone for that matter. Maybe such a quality is more prominent among sensors, but not a requirement for any type. Poor word choice there yeghor. As for introverts being too contained for such behavior, that is an absurd generalization. In fact, I'd say many IXTX types are famous for it, although perhaps the presentation is somewhat different from that of extroverts, though not always by any stretch. But to be fair ENTJ isn't totally out of the question. Just not as likely to me as the others.

What purpose does this "Poor word choice there yeghor." serve? Poor for what? There's something wrong with the entire wording of this phrase. I can tell you what it is but I am wondering if you are aware of it.

No Will Hunting is definitely not an ISTP. He's not an INTJ either. If there's an INTJ in the movie, it's probably the math professor who keeps bringing up his prize into the conversation.

What I am wondering is, do you identify with Will Hunting or the ISTP or INTJ type?

Lain

I started this thread, not Will Hunting.

Let's keep the focus on me.

Romello

Permabanned
MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
?
[MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION] [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] Sorry I failed to find the info about the admin assigned to this thread.

Would it be possible to move the discussion about Good Will Hunting or Matt Damon to the thread at:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/popular-culture-and-type/20325-hunting-4.html

Cause I'll be replying to this. Thanks.

What purpose does this "Poor word choice there yeghor." serve? Poor for what? There's something wrong with the entire wording of this phrase. I can tell you what it is but I am wondering if you are aware of it.

No Will Hunting is definitely not an ISTP. He's not an INTJ either. If there's an INTJ in the movie, it's probably the math professor who keeps bringing up his prize into the conversation.

What I am wondering is, do you identify with Will Hunting or the ISTP or INTJ type?

Poor as in incorrect. A requirement is an element or attribute or what have you absolutely necessary to fulfill a role, truth, goal, etc. ...clearly this definition does not apply to physical prowess and its relationship to extroversion. To answer your other question, I do not identify with Mr. Hunting but have identified with both the ISTP and INTJ types in the past, along with a good number of other types, because I'm still in the complex yet enthralling process of determining my own type for certain.

Romello

Permabanned
MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
?
I started this thread, not Will Hunting.

Let's keep the focus on me.

Maybe we can share topics? It would be a shame to force an end to an interesting discussion just to stay on the subject of you. I'm gonna go ahead and call that mildly narcissistic in the least condescending way possible.
edit: oh, and 2 thoughts I'd like to share: 1. Sticking to one line of discussion just because it was conceived by someone in the title/ introduction of their thread is arbitrary and any rules designed to enforce this should be wisely ignored. and 2. On any given thread I make I'm happy to witness as many conversations, no matter how far from the original subject, blossom. I'm not greedy about it just sayin

Lain

It would be a shame to force an end to an interesting discussion just to stay on the subject of you. I'm gonna go ahead and call that mildly narcissistic in the least condescending way possible.

The title of this thread is "Help me find my type", and Yeghor was kind enough to offer a link to a thread which focuses on the Good Will Hunting character. Now I admit my comment was not a successfully persuasive attempt to bring the conversation back on topic, but either way you are more than welcome to discuss fictional characters in the appropriate threads. I do not see what is narcissistic about wanting people to type me in a 'type me' thread that I created, but if that is how you see it then so be it.

Do you identify with the character though?

No. I relate more to this guy Welcome to the NHK - Alone in the universe - YouTube. He was typed in the show as an Fi-dominant, so maybe I'm an IFP.