• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help and Question (edited to include questionnaire thing)

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you wouldn't mind, I'd like help confirming my enneagram type. I took the short quiz with the picture cards on the site where all the other quizzes weren't free when I joined and it gave me 4w4 but I don't really understand what that means and I'm overwhelmed by the amount of information on this forum. I liked the quiz I took because it didn't make me choose between blanket statements about my personality. Is there another quiz like that somewhere?

Also, what does yours mean to you?

Edit: So I found this now.

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
Um, yes, I do have an illness but I don't see how that would affect my answers. I also don't see what my age/gender has to do with anything.

2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?
I copied and pasted.

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?
I suppose I would play up being creative, determined, eager and thoughtful and wouldn't mention any of my negative qualities. I wouldn't specify why and I'm afraid I can't with any hope of accuracy. I'm too enmeshed in my own nature to be objective.

4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?
I would like to be kind most of all, I think. I would not like to be the type of person who hurts other people as a result of their own pain.

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?
I think so, yes, though like I said earlier, I'm wary of trying to answer this with any degree of accuracy.

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.
I value empathy, freedom, creativity, boldness, sincerity, and passion.

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?
It depends on the situation, but in general they excite me.

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
I pretend the situation doesn't exist and in order to deal with the anxiety, either stop functioning at all or rely on obsessive behaviors (like cleaning, exercising, not eating) to distract myself and help pass time.

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
When I'm having fun with people I'm close to I have tons of energy and make weird jokes and never stop talking or moving around.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?
It's complicated. It makes me anxious and I often feel like I'm bad at it but at the same time I crave positive interaction and being accepted by people.

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?
I used to think that I was simply incompatible with objective reality as a whole and therefore ought not to exist. Things are a bit better now but I still feel incompatible with society/reality.

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?
I'm a very anti-authoritarian person and I really can't stand people who are aggressive or forceful, bureaucracy in general, and people who try and get others to submit as some sort of lesson, like its good for them. It makes me upset. But I don't mind following instructions from people I respect, who I know respect me.

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?
I prefer trying to make sense out of chaos rather than feeling restricted by order.

14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?
I'm going to skip this question.

15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?
I want to act professionally. It's really important to me.

16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
Acting energizes me the most. Being around people who are constantly on is very draining for me.

17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.
I'd like to know my enneagram type, like I said, or at least have your opinion on whether 4 is correct. And perhaps a bit of an explanation on what that means, exactly? Also, if you'd like to talk about yours I'd be delighted.

Last edited:

Romello

Permabanned
MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
?
What illness? It is important to clarify trust me. For determining your type and, more importantly, satisfying my curiosity.

yeghor

If you wouldn't mind, I'd like help confirming my enneagram type. I took the short quiz with the picture cards on the site where all the other quizzes weren't free when I joined and it gave me 4w4 but I don't really understand what that means and I'm overwhelmed by the amount of information on this forum. I liked the quiz I took because it didn't make me choose between blanket statements about my personality. Is there another quiz like that somewhere?

Also, what does yours mean to you?

Edit: So I found this now.

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
Um, yes, I do have an illness but I don't see how that would affect my answers. I also don't see what my age/gender has to do with anything.

2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?
I copied and pasted.

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?
I suppose I would play up being creative, determined, eager and thoughtful and wouldn't mention any of my negative qualities. I wouldn't specify why and I'm afraid I can't with any hope of accuracy. I'm too enmeshed in my own nature to be objective.

4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?
I would like to be kind most of all, I think. I would not like to be the type of person who hurts other people as a result of their own pain.

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?
I think so, yes, though like I said earlier, I'm wary of trying to answer this with any degree of accuracy.

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.
I value empathy, freedom, creativity, boldness, sincerity, and passion.

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?
It depends on the situation, but in general they excite me.

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
I pretend the situation doesn't exist and in order to deal with the anxiety, either stop functioning at all or rely on obsessive behaviors (like cleaning, exercising, not eating) to distract myself and help pass time.

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
When I'm having fun with people I'm close to I have tons of energy and make weird jokes and never stop talking or moving around.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?
It's complicated. It makes me anxious and I often feel like I'm bad at it but at the same time I crave positive interaction and being accepted by people.

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?
I used to think that I was simply incompatible with objective reality as a whole and therefore ought not to exist. Things are a bit better now but I still feel incompatible with society/reality.

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?
I'm a very anti-authoritarian person and I really can't stand people who are aggressive or forceful, bureaucracy in general, and people who try and get others to submit as some sort of lesson, like its good for them. It makes me upset. But I don't mind following instructions from people I respect, who I know respect me.

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?
I prefer trying to make sense out of chaos rather than feeling restricted by order.

14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?
I'm going to skip this question.

15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?
I want to act professionally. It's really important to me.

16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
Acting energizes me the most. Being around people who are constantly on is very draining for me.

17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.
I'd like to know my enneagram type, like I said, or at least have your opinion on whether 4 is correct. And perhaps a bit of an explanation on what that means, exactly? Also, if you'd like to talk about yours I'd be delighted.
Check my signature and participate if you are intrested please.

Romello

Permabanned
MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
?
No. Away with you.

Sure.

That's actually quite mean of you to shew me like that. My question's innocent nature did not warrant it. You could at least tell me if it's mental or physical or both? Actually, just tell me specifically what it is. Yeah..that would be ideal.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That response was indeed unwarranted, [MENTION=22178]hel[/MENTION] - I agree with [MENTION=21560]Romello[/MENTION]. It was a simple question. Even I would have asked you to be clear on what you meant.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That response was indeed unwarranted, [MENTION=22178]hel[/MENTION] - I agree with [MENTION=21560]Romello[/MENTION]. It was a simple question. Even I would have asked you to be clear on what you meant.

I hear you but I disagree. I said that I didn't see what my illness had to do with my answers. Romello asked me to clarify and I didn't want to. There's nothing wrong with that. I'm entitled to privacy, especially about something as personal as this. I admit that I didn't answer politely but what set me off was the lack of sensitivity in Romello's request for my information. My suffering does not exist to satisfy other peoples' curiosity and I don't like being used. I responded to rudeness with rudeness. That was probably wrong. I'm not excusing this but it was very hard for me to seriously respond to someone who I felt wasn't taking me seriously. I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I hear you but I disagree. I said that I didn't see what my illness had to do with my answers. Romello asked me to clarify and I didn't want to. There's nothing wrong with that. I'm entitled to privacy, especially about something as personal as this. I admit that I didn't answer politely but what set me off was the lack of sensitivity in Romello's request for my information. My suffering does not exist to satisfy other peoples' curiosity and I don't like being used. I responded to rudeness with rudeness. That was probably wrong. I'm not excusing this but it was very hard for me to seriously respond to someone who I felt wasn't taking me seriously. I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

I don't think Romello was trying to sound insensitive by asking the question - sorry if it came off that way, in any case. :hug: And sorry if I sounded insensitive as well. As someone who has seen a number of children with various physical/mental disabilities (my mom works part-time with special needs kids in a couple of park districts close to our hometown), I'm more or less used to talking about such things openly.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Illness can affect typing as illness causes stress mental or physical and that can affect your outlook and how you come across to the world.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't think Romello was trying to sound insensitive by asking the question - sorry if it came off that way, in any case. :hug: And sorry if I sounded insensitive as well. As someone who has seen a number of children with various physical/mental disabilities (my mom works part-time with special needs kids in a couple of park districts close to our hometown), I'm more or less used to talking about such things openly.

It's okay. This has more to do with my own issues and experiences than anything either of you have said or done.

Illness can affect typing as illness causes stress mental or physical and that can affect your outlook and how you come across to the world.

Yes, I know that's what that question was getting at. But not all illness is temporary. I am who I am, my illness and all enmeshed into my personality. Just because it's "wrong" doesn't mean it's not part of me. Just because I react to it doesn't mean those reactions are out of the ordinary.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
It's okay. This has more to do with my own issues and experiences than anything either of you have said or done.

Yes, I know that's what that question was getting at. But not all illness is temporary. I am who I am, my illness and all enmeshed into my personality. Just because it's "wrong" doesn't mean it's not part of me. Just because I react to it doesn't mean those reactions are out of the ordinary.

INFP

you have no idea what i'm actually getting at. and I think you're infp because you have this i'm special and sensitive bs going on and it's pissing me off.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFP

you have no idea what i'm actually getting at. and I think you're infp because you have this i'm special and sensitive bs going on and it's pissing me off.

Okay. You can explain if you'd like, though I don't have to tell you that.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Okay. You can explain if you'd like, though I don't have to tell you that.

the i'm leaving thread when you had 14 posts. the fact you said yes i have an illness than called some one rude when they asked you about it. you're setting yourself up to be the victim numerous times. you knew anyone with half a brain knows saying "I have an illness" is going to get someone else inquiring about it. it comes across as narcisistic (the leaving thread)

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
the i'm leaving thread when you had 14 posts. the fact you said yes i have an illness than called some one rude when they asked you about it. you're setting yourself up to be the victim numerous times. you knew anyone with half a brain knows saying "I have an illness" is going to get someone else inquiring about it. it comes across as narcisistic (the leaving thread)

Okay, you're right, I didn't know what you were talking about. And you're also right, I have been engaging in attention-seeking behaviour. (Although it was less about Romello asking and more about the way in which Romello was asking.) Now I'm not sure whether I should just tell you about my illness now to make things better or whether this would be seen as manipulative. I'm honestly confused but I realize that by saying this interaction is leaving me confused I'm setting myself up as the victim again. I think maybe that does make me a narcissist. I'm also upset but I'm not sure if that's okay.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Okay, you're right, I didn't know what you were talking about. And you're also right, I have been engaging in attention-seeking behaviour. (Although it was less about Romello asking and more about the way in which Romello was asking.) Now I'm not sure whether I should just tell you about my illness now to make things better or whether this would be seen as manipulative. I'm honestly confused but I realize that by saying this interaction is leaving me confused I'm setting myself up as the victim again. I think maybe that does make me a narcissist. I'm also upset but I'm not sure if that's okay.
I actually don't care what you are.

Romello

Permabanned
MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
?

But whhhhyyyyy are you entitled to privacy? Fuck privacy it makes things so uninteresting. I wish there was such a thing as a professional commissioned eavesdropper. i'd be making a fortune right now

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
But whhhhyyyyy are you entitled to privacy? Fuck privacy it makes things so uninteresting. I wish there was such a thing as a professional commissioned eavesdropper. i'd be making a fortune right now

there is, it's called a private investigator