• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help me figure out my type for good? INTJ or INFJ?

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
OP, compare yours to mine:

Last edited:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Still having trouble getting my head around this, lol. Can I really be an INFJ if I don't like most people all that much or take a great interest in them? I'm so much more interested in impersonal ideas and concepts than in people and group dynamics.
Yes. I have heard other INFJs describe a similar perspective. Fe is a judging function - a process or method. It makes no assumption about the outcome of that process. I agree that you are much more likely INFJ than INTJ.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I still have some doubts, maybe just from identifying as an INTJ for so long... I feel resistant to the idea of using Fe. I've never liked that function very much, not that I love Fi either. My perception of them is that Fe is a self-righteous martyr and/or overly nicey-nice and conformist to social norms, and Fi is annoyingly self-absorbed and oblivious to other people's feelings. I generally identify more with Fi, but I do not like this tendency in myself... it's very easy to be wrapped up in yourself, most people are. I think it's far more admirable (and far more difficult) to put your own ego and feelings aside and devote your energy to others, but I don't do that (and feel guilty about it). I think a lot about self-improvement and things I want to change about myself, and then I get angry at myself for not being more naturally selfless and giving.

Ha. Yeah, I don't relate much myself to any description I've read of Fe. As someone already said, being enneagram 5 can have this effect. If your enneagram instinct variant is least 'so' as well (as mine is), that could make seem even less people-oriented than other e5s.

I agree with the sentiment expressed thus far by others though, that what you've posted seems far more INFJ than INTJ.

Do you know any INTJs in real life? I usually test as INTJ on tests- even the 'official' mbti test result put me on the cusp between INTJ and INFJ- yet my irl experience of them (as well as interacting with them online) makes it very clear to me that I'm not one of them.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Listen to yourself talk, because this is how you figure things out. (I call it a need to "Fe." [ef-ee]) We work through our problems by hearing the extraverted Feeling judgments we make about issues "in the moment." Not talking out our problems may keep us stuck in "Perceiving" mode [Ni or Se], and we can never reach conclusions. Like most Feeling types, INFJs tend to be problem-staters more than problem-solvers. So what works best for us is to fumble around and try to articulate [Ti] the issue. When we hear ourselves [Se] state the problem accurately, that automatically triggers our creative problem-solving [Ni], and a solution often appears almost instantly! The solution may even seem obvious at that point. It's possible to get ourselves unstuck quickly once we allow ourselves to talk matters through.

INFJ Stress Relief

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
The INFJ's dominant function is Ni, so one invariably spends more time with one's imagination than an extraverted type. As I understand it, the difference between Te and Fe is the primary consideration when translating these imaginings and understandings to concrete action; Te looks to satisfy, above all, efficiency and minimization of energy expended to achieve a goal, while Fe looks for a solution that conveniences those affected--Fe takes others' wants and needs into consideration. This is why making an effort to (usually) positively influence another's mood, maybe by filtering output or tailoring it for the recipient, is associated with Fe.

yeghor

The INFJ's dominant function is Ni, so one invariably spends more time with one's imagination than an extraverted type. As I understand it, the difference between Te and Fe is the primary consideration when translating these imaginings and understandings to concrete action; Te looks to satisfy, above all, efficiency and minimization of energy expended to achieve a goal, while Fe looks for a solution that conveniences those affected--Fe takes others' wants and needs into consideration. This is why making an effort to (usually) positively influence another's mood, maybe by filtering output or tailoring it for the recipient, is associated with Fe.
Te sees people as objects that should be utilized for optimum efficiency of the entire system. I think.