• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do you think my type is? Going by this

lunareclipze

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am getting incredibly annoyed because of the varying results I keep getting from those cognitive function tests online -_- I got INFP on one, then ISTJ on another.

Some of the things I like doing are: Listening to music, playing sudoku, being with animals and little kids, looking up weird things on the Internet just for curiosity's sake (for example earlier today: Can cows be lactose intolerant?), surfing the Internet, online gaming, baking and cooking, reading, and online shopping.

My favourite book genres are realistic fiction, fantasy stores that are told as if they are real like Harry Potter for examples.

The only sport I enjoy watching is baseball, but I like to play baseball, volleyball and I also love most individual sports like swimming and running.

My personality: I really like to be alone, and the quieter it is in the house, the happier I am, I love the dark and hate the sun, I get offended really quickly when someone insults my appearance, but when someone insults my personality I don't even care, I am easily touched by hearing stories about other peoples' troubles, I'm supposedly really good at writing essays, summaries and stories (according to my old English teacher anyway), I don't take things very seriously, I'm really lazy, messy and disorganized, I'm very self-aware and I'm hyper aware of all physical and personality flaws I have as well as my strengths, I can't pay attention one bit to something that doesn't interest me, I'm pretty sarcastic, I'm drawn to things that are aesthetically appealing to me, I'm really awkward and silent around people I don't know and I'm very difficult to get to know, I've also been told I'm one of the hardest people they've ever met to read by a few different people, I'm quite a pushover when it comes to doing things for people especially little kids, I don't mind change for the most part except when I really like the way it used to be before, and even when I don't like change at first I usually adapt to it pretty quickly, I'm pretty easygoing and I don't judge other people very much, I like to be different in some ways than others, but not shockingly so as to attract negative attention.

Some weird things about me: I LOVE the cold and I hate the summer, I've been told the way I open pop cans is really weird (I open them half way up and then squeeze the pop into my mouth through the small opening), horror movies cannot scare me because I know they're not real, I actually find a lot of them just plain boring and uninteresting, I hate coffee, and I am really obsessive and can obsess about things for a long time, I understand a lot of things, but I have a lot of difficulty explaining things to people even when I know 100% what I'm doing.

Some talents I have: I've been told I have a natural affinity for words and writing, I'm really good at anything that has to do with aiming (darts, archery, shooting hoops but not actually playing basketball).

Going by this, what is most likely my MBTI type? Please help any insight would be appreciated

renaiziphonts

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
9W1
Instinctual Variant
sx
First thing first:
Do you find emotions or details more important? Likely, both will be an internal thing. Something personal (harder to explain the idea of introverted sensing, but yeah) and self defining. Do you find it more important to internalize emotions or to synthesize data?

Then there's extroverted thinking vs extroverted intuition:
Likely, both great ideas, and orderly structures are important ways to define the world, but which is more important? Do you learn more from "eureka moments" where you suddenly connect seemingly disparate worlds, or by examining graphs and statistics?

These are questions of functions, but another important one that can help is J vr P.
If a man had robbed a bank armed, and had done it all to be able to afford treatment for a loved one, are you more likely to go easy on him, or to give him a full sentencing?

lunareclipze

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
First thing first:
Do you find emotions or details more important? Likely, both will be an internal thing. Something personal (harder to explain the idea of introverted sensing, but yeah) and self defining. Do you find it more important to internalize emotions or to synthesize data?

Then there's extroverted thinking vs extroverted intuition:
Likely, both great ideas, and orderly structures are important ways to define the world, but which is more important? Do you learn more from "eureka moments" where you suddenly connect seemingly disparate worlds, or by examining graphs and statistics?
These are questions of functions, but another important one that can help is J vr P.

If a man had robbed a bank armed, and had done it all to be able to afford treatment for a loved one, are you more likely to go easy on him, or to give him a full sentencing?

I think I find emotions and internalizing emotions more important because I am careful to avoid hurting others' feelings, I like to keep both myself and others happy, I procrastinate a lot and I'm really lazy when it comes to any kind of work.

I think both great ideas and orderly structures are important because without great ideas, most orderly structures wouldn't exist, everything created by humans was once a mere idea.

I definitely learn more by examining graphs and statistics, I do have eureka moments but I don't have those very often. I get gut feelings a lot though that usually seem to be right.

Providing the man who had robbed the bank hadn't killed anyone, I'd go easy on him because I've seen how horrible health care can be when it's not free like it is in Canada, but if he killed anybody I'd definitely give him a full sentencing.

renaiziphonts

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
9W1
Instinctual Variant
sx
This sounds more like INFP. I myself am an INFP, so I might be imprinting myself in this, but I've tried to be unbiased.

Anyways: if this is right, here are your functions.
-Introverted Feeling-
You have a primary focus on your emotions, but they are internal, complicated, and something you may never be able to share. Sometimes it may seem difficult because no body understands how you feel, but that doesn't always make it easier to share. Even more so, you would likely take criticism harshly.

Extroverted Intuition-
Ideas are important to you, and you have them a lot. They might not even be good ideas, but you always have them, and when you do, you may even need to share them. Have you ever just shouted out "What if grasshoppers had machine guns?" Yeah, that would be extroverted intuition.

If this sounds like you, you may be an INFP

-Introverted Sensing-
Details more often than not are internalized. Sometimes, you may not even recognize a taste or scent unless you examine it in retrospect. This may make it difficult to connect with the world, but most INFPs can deal with it well enough.

-Extroverted Thinking-
This is perhaps one of the most difficult traits to develop for an INFP. In my experience, this is seen as a general inability to express logic, especially when sharing your grasshopper/machinegun ideas.