• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Show me your wisdom

Compose my type:

• Gut fix: Enneagram 8w7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gut fix: Enneagram 8w9

• Gut fix: Enneagram 9w1

• Gut fix: Enneagram 1w9

• Gut fix: Enneagram 1w2

• Heart fix: Enneagram 2w1

• Heart fix: Enneagram 2w3

• Heart fix: Enneagram 3w2

• Heart fix: Enneagram 4w3

• Heart fix: Enneagram 4w5

• Head fix: Enneagram 5w4

• Head fix: Enneagram 6w5

• Head fix: Enneagram 6w7

• Head fix: Enneagram 7w8

• Head > Heart > Gut

• Head > Gut > Heart

• Gut > Heart > Head

• Gut > Head > Heart

• Heart > Head > Gut

• Heart > Gut > Head

• sx/sp/so

• sp/sx/so

• sp/so/sx

• so/sp/sx

• so/sx/sp

• Total voters

Mane

Permabanned
Masters of the arcane arts of typology, you've been summoned here today by your own impetuous desire to spend your time, hard earned knowledge and various theoretical musings on discussing the psychological makeup and categorization of people you don't know (please see a doctor about that), for the purpose of bestowing on me your wisdom.

What is my MBTI?
What is my Socionics?
What is my Enneagram?
What is my Favorite sushi?

Any questions or information you might want to aid you in your quest, ask.

Last edited:

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm already getting vibes of 7, but without telling us about yourself in general it'll be hard to suggest what type you may be. So tell us about yourself!

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
What do you want to know? Anything more specific?
What's your outlook on life? How do you deal with emotions? How does your love life look and why? Are you shy or are you outgoing? What kind of person do you strive to be? Are you lazy and unmotivated or are you goal-oriented and self-disciplined? What worries you the most? Would you call yourself a dreamer? Do you like being physically active? Hard logic or hard feeling? Something in between? Can you answer questions like these with ease? Typology is something very personal, and these are only some of the basic questions. When it comes to the Enneagram, for a beginner I'd recommend reading about the types at these two websites: Enneagram Institute: Enneagram Testing & Training and The Enneagram Blogspot. For the highest accuracy, don't determine your type through only the very superficial terms. Ignore stereotypes and dig deep within yourself and the manifestation of each type.

Mane

Permabanned
What's your outlook on life?

The meaning of life gig? it is a faulty question:
Meaning isn't innate in the first place, it requires both an object and a subject, what X means to Y. The poor attempts at philosophy of old living in relatively small communities where the semantic constructs were more or less the same within the surrounding area, that can be excused - their own role as observers of the meanings wasn't thought of because it was indistinguishable from the meaning anyone else that they knew would have. But to make that mistake in today's world is ludicrous - the answer to "what does life mean" is "mean to who?".

How do you deal with emotions?
Put them on the examination table & probe them, Figure out their inner workings and what they do (My avatar is somewhat of a metaphor for that).

How does your love life look and why?

Quality over quantity... Except mostly destructive qualities. But I'm learning.

Are you shy or are you outgoing?
Neither.

What kind of person do you strive to be?
Empty - squeeze every bit of potential in me until there's no reason to live but life itself.

Are you lazy and unmotivated or are you goal-oriented and self-disciplined?
I am lazy yet motivated: In recent years I've had to adapt to goal-orientation because life circumstances created goals - problems to solve - but that's somewhat unnatural for me: Usually the potential source of solutions comes first, the problems they might be applicable too later.

I am not self disciplined per-say, but I've learned to game my life.

In my head I gain personal todo list experience points to progress my pursuits, I will promise myself little rewards after boring tasks, I look for a fun way to view what needs to get done, sometimes to the despair of sardonic humor. The reward can be just letting my brain do it's thing - my brain seems to be well equipped to never let myself get bored, which I realize can seem like it conflicts with the notion that there are boring things - why would it let me get bored by doing them? well, it drives me away from doing them in the first place, and part of my conscious role is to convince it otherwise, to teach it otherwise. in a way, I am my own parent and my own child, and it's in that interaction where my equivalent of self discipline lives.

Still, in the end of the day I feel like a tiny gnome trying to tinker a heavy Mecha to move without fuel, pushing the wheels, chaining the levers, pouring water where the cooling systems broken... that's how my life looks to me, from it's inside. Outside.. for the outside I am the man who laughs, and everyone enjoys it. But in truth i don't laugh to be happy - I laugh to be sane.

What worries you the most?
The ways in which I might be right.

Would you call yourself a dreamer?
I am one - i'd wager most people are to some degree's. Doing something about it is an altogether different question.

Do you like being physically active?
Sure, mainly the activities that require very little of me. My heart's activity seems to be the easiest.

Hard logic or hard feeling? Something in between?
There are hard feelings? And more importantly: Is it my fault?

Can you answer questions like these with ease?
No, but it's a start.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hmm first impression guess is ne user, maybe dom. maybe enxp leaning toward entp

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Yeah, right now I'm thinking ENTP 7.

Mane

Permabanned
I'll go ahead and steal the questions form the thread beneath mine:

1. Establish a "baseline mood"--when you're at home with nothing to do, where are you at mentally and emotionally? What do you notice in yourself? (Note, this is not a mood you inhabit "frequently", but your psychological baseline).
Left to my own devices, I'll brainstorm, read, gain knowledge to brainstorm with, rinse & repeat, if I am lucky I'll remember to write it down, presumably for the benefit of future alien archaeologists.

4. You're not good at everything--
a. What personality traits and/or ways of being are impossible for you to adopt?
b. What are qualities you'd like to have, but can't seem to develop?
I don't believe in either of those statements:
You aren't good at everything at any given time, but you can be throughout a lifetime.
a & b - The question isn't what trait you can't develop, only how extreme and unlikely are the circumstances in which you would.

5. Why have you left friends and other relationships in the past and/or why have they left you?

Most relationships just fade when lacking the context for the interaction - more often then not I am the first to march on with my life, sometimes settling as a loner, sometimes creating new social circles around me as I move along (perhaps I take the ability to make new social circles for granted). For anyone I was once close too, there is still an outline of a bridge, almost everyone I know can contact me, and I do have friends who I'll see around every few years for a cup of coffee or a glass of beer. More often then not, with lesser contacts I will end up nodding as someone I don't have the slightest memory of brings up shared experiences I can barely remember. I have had a close relationship in which the other determined the best way to keep their sense of identity is to make sure those who have been inflicted on conflicting aspects of it are disposed of and to pretend they don't exist, and eventually did the same to me. I don't think I could ever do that, the bluntness of the emotional and intellectual dishonesty appalls me. In the same time, I have little to no trouble setting boundaries for those I dislike, in fact making sure they know I dislike them and why will usually do the trick.

6. Which types do you identify with most?
a. How do you relate to these types?
b. How do you NOT relate to them?

1. I have a sense of "what needs to be said", it isn't perfectionist in practice, but demands shedding light on the imperfections.
2. I usually don't really care, but I've had periods in my life in which I've become codependent on specific people closest to me.
3. I don't particularly care for title, but I am conscious of the underlining social dynamics: the best titles don't need to be said.
4. Self exploration is never ending, but I am not envious of people who form identities - identities are fragile - the search is not.
5. I prefer learning from experiences rather then at a distance, but I am into life long learning (as is most of gen Y).
6. I don't identify, but you could argue that my rebellious relationship with authority is the counter phobic version.
7. I am not much of a party animal and never really get bored, but maybe my brain is hyperactive so I won't ever get bored?
8. Power is a mean, not an end, and can be binding all in itself, but when you need it's good to know that it's there.
9. I don't avoid conflicts themselves, but I take out it's sting - I create dynamics where the conflicts can be constructive.

8. They claim enneagram type is a hidden love need. What are your attitudes toward finding love?
Dig myself into a trench with my penis sticking out of the sand and wait until someone decides to sit on it.

10. Determine your ego ideal--the way you strive to be and want others to perceive you. (Note, you may be consciously aware of failing at this, and you will be hard on yourself if you do. If someone else tells you you're NOT this way, it may make you feel hurt, violated, or angry.)

Not really - I am fully aware that we are all agents within a larger system attempting to describe it within our subjective limits, and i judge criticism in terms of the perception of the person expressing it to unfold another set of elements of the reality in which both the other's and my own perception emerges from. I don't dismiss it or immediately agree with it, but take it to be what they experience, and start form there.
There are exceptions, when the criticism is not of me persay, but of my role in personal relationships. Discovering I am not what I am for someone for whom I opened myself to give a damn about what I am for... that can be hurtful as fuck.

p.s.
Does anyone know the original source for those? there are missing questions in the numbering.

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
That's enough information for now, you may want to do this test: Enneagram Test with Instinctual Variant results. You don't have to fill anything in, just click "Enneagram test >>". I recommend doing the test 2-3 times. After that, printscreen your result and show us.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
I unfortunately have to agree...ENTP, 7w6

I am guessing so/sx/sp stacking but yeah, I'm not 100% on that.

yeghor

Masters of the arcane arts of typology, you've been summoned here today by your own impetuous desire to spend your time, hard earned knowledge and various theoretical musings on discussing the psychological makeup and categorization of people you don't know (please see a doctor about that), for the purpose of bestowing on me your wisdom.

What is my MBTI?
What is my Socionics?
What is my Enneagram?
What is my Favorite sushi?

Any questions or information you might want to aid you in your quest, ask.

Could you do this test and paste the results please?

http://similarminds.com/test.html

Mane

Permabanned
That's enough information for now, you may want to do this test: Enneagram Test with Instinctual Variant results. You don't have to fill anything in, just click "Enneagram test >>". I recommend doing the test 2-3 times. After that, printscreen your result and show us.

attachment.php

reserved <-> open + 3
obtrusive <-> shy - 2
accepting <-> perfectionist -2
undisciplined <-> disciplined -2
avoiding conflicts <-> confrontational +2
seldom feeling guilty <-> often feeling guilty +1
reluctant <-> enthusiastic +2
aloof <-> warm -1
low energy <-> energetic +1
adventurous <-> cautious -2

easily distracted <-> diligent -3
suspicious <-> trusting - 1
pessimistic <-> optimistic +3
timid <-> assertive +1
ordinary <-> different +3
passive <-> dynamic +3
rule breaking <-> rule abiding -2
open <-> reserved -3
not showing emotions <-> emotionally expressive +2
pleasure-seeking <-> dutiful -2

teams and groups person <-> individualistic +2
don't care about success <-> need to be successful +1
wishing well <-> envious -1
modest <-> ambitious +2
indifferent <-> caring +1
nonchalant <-> apprehensive -1
go towards people <-> withdraw from people -2
relaxed <-> anxious -1
ever relying on others <-> independent -1
leave people to their own devices <-> help people +1

indifferent to politics <-> strong political opinions +2
even tempered <-> temperamental +1
dispassionate <-> passionate +3
careless <-> responsible +2
stingy <-> generous +1
pragmatic <-> idealistic 0
not much commited <-> loyal +3
trouble saying "no" <-> say "no" easily +2
focus on myself <-> focus on others -1
ignoring feelings <-> go by feelings +2

confident <-> insecure +1
treating everyone as equals <-> domineering +1
tactless <-> diplomatic -1
not competitive <-> competitive -2
suspicious <-> trusting -1
uncritical <-> meticulous 0
not sociable <-> sociable +1
deliberating <-> spontaneous +2
undemanding <-> demanding +1
go along with others <-> strong-willed +2

decisive <-> indecisive +1
tolerant <-> critical +2

test results 1.jpg

Mane

Permabanned
Could you do this test and paste the results please?

Free Enneagram Personality Test

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||| 22%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||| 50%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 4 Individualism |||||||||||||||||| 74%
Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||||||||| 70%
Type 6 Security Focus |||||||||| 34%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||||||||| 86%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||||| 70%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||| 50%

type score type behavior motivation
7 21 I must be fun and entertained to survive.
4 18 I must be unique/different to survive.
5 17 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
8 17 I must be strong and in control to survive.
3 14 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.
2 12 I must be helpful and caring to survive.
9 12 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.
6 8 I must be secure and safe to survive.
1 5 I must be perfect and good to survive.

Your main type is Type 7
Your variant stacking is sx/sp/so
Your level of health is above average

Mane

Permabanned
It seems 8 & 7 are strong results in both tests, But overall the enneagram types ended in very different standings:

8 = 7 > 3 > 2 > 4 > 6 > 1 > 9 > 5
7 > 4 > 5 = 8 > 3 > 2 = 9 > 6 > 1

I'm already getting vibes of 7

Can you explain this? What gave you the impression I was a 7?

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Can you explain this? What gave you the impression I was a 7?
It was just the humorous way in which you formulated your post, it made me think of something a witty 7 would write.

It seems 8 & 7 are strong results in both tests, But overall the enneagram types ended in very different standings:

8 = 7 > 3 > 2 > 4 > 6 > 1 > 9 > 5
7 > 4 > 5 = 8 > 3 > 2 = 9 > 6 > 1
Can you relate to 7 or 8? Not all 7's are party animals, it's just a stereotype. Everyone has different ideas of what is fun!

Mane

Permabanned
It was just the humorous way in which you formulated your post, it made me think of something a witty 7 would write.

Can you relate to 7 or 8?

both, I can also relate to 4 & 5 and a little bit to the 9, the 3 & counter phobic anti-authoritarian 6.

I don't think anyone who knew me would think i am a 2 or a 1, though I can relate a bit to the co-dependency of the 2 in so far as romantic relationships are concerned.

Not all 7's are party animals, it's just a stereotype. Everyone has different ideas of what is fun!

I am not sure then, could the same apply to all the other descriptions?
"Not all 8s are controlling, it's just a stereotype. Everyone has different ideas of what is power"?
Could I even a 2 then? "Not all 2s are hospitable, it's just a stereotype. Everyone has different ideas of what others need"?

What distinguishes the elements of the stereotype from the elements critical to the type?

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I am not sure then, could the same apply to all the other descriptions?
"Not all 8s are controlling, it's just a stereotype. Everyone has different ideas of what is power"?
Could I even a 2 then? "Not all 2s are hospitable, it's just a stereotype. Everyone has different ideas of what others need"?

What distinguishes the elements of the stereotype from the elements critical to the type?
I don't know really. I know that 4's can appear very differently, sometimes the only thing they have in common is the root longing. I just mentioned that because I've known of several correctly typed 7's who aren't party animals. I think all 8's are 'controlling' to some visible degree, but I'm not really well-read when it comes to 8's and 2's. I know the most about 3's, 4's, 5's and 6's. I really wish more people would contribute to threads like these, unfortunately they tend to die very quickly. Maybe it's because it's something everyone really has to figure out for themselves. It can be very hard finding your own type, it took a long time for me.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is going to be a really really broad guess, but how does type 9 sound for you? You kind of come off as having an ethereal personality, kind of up in the air, and detached. Your online persona could very well be different from how you truly are. You give me vibes of someone with feeling in the tertiary position. How do you feel about being typed as an EP?