• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin...

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
0. What's making you unsure of your type? What research have you already done to determine type?
I am by principle an indecisive and confused person, trapped in the depths of uncertainty and ambiguity. It would be more of a surprise if I were to be sure of my type.
A decent bit of research.

1. Establish a "baseline mood"--when you're at home with nothing to do, where are you at mentally and emotionally? What do you notice in yourself? (Note, this is not a mood you inhabit "frequently", but your psychological baseline).

2. Describe yourself--
a. What's it like to be you?
b. What have others said about you?
c. What do you think of yourself?

a) Interesting. And at the risk of sounding supercilious, rewarding. My perception of the world is fascinating.
b) Lots of things, but my archetype is that of a reclusive intellectual (people somehow always end up assuming that I'm intelligent, not that I'm denying it) who's excessively awkward in the real world (but they're too polite to tell me that).
c) I don't know what I think of myself, I'll leave that to everyone else. I'm more concerned about what my role is in the grand scheme of things.

3. What are the issues you've dealt with in life? List some recurrent themes, and tell us a little about each one.
Issues basically revolving around me being a complete nut in social situations, or any situation where large amounts of people are involved.

4. You're not good at everything--
a. What personality traits and/or ways of being are impossible for you to adopt?
b. What are qualities you'd like to have, but can't seem to develop?

Jeez, that's encouraging.
a) Being social, principally. Faking it, adapting to social environments, doing something just for the sake of pleasing someone else (unless I genuinely like that individual, which is rare), socializing, talking just for the sake of it. I just don't know how to interact with people. I'm the epitome of social awkwardness. I've also discovered that people seldom take me seriously. My assertiveness might as well be nonexistent. Although, that can be attributed to the fact that Se is my role or vulnerable function, which reminds me, I'm incorrigibly lazy. Getting me to act in the immediate present is a difficult job. "Wait a minute" and "Soon... patience is a virtue" are my constant refrains.

b) First of all, I'd like to get rid of my social anxiety. None come to mind right now, to be honest. After a little more introspection, traits like confidence and assertiveness pop up.

5. Why have you left friends and other relationships in the past and/or why have they left you?
Mainly because of my inability to hold conversations or interact effectively, unless you have a predilection towards awkwardness. Although, for the same reasons, some people do tend to flock to me. I guess I leave people when I feel they don't have much in common with me anymore. Relationships? I'll be fortunate to be in one, seeing as I don't have the gall to approach the opposite sex (also, I struggle to understand how you can just approach someone and start talking to him or her, I always need a reason to open my mouth, if someone approaches me for no reason at all and wants to get to know me, I would be suspicious) but that's not the point of the question, anyway. Also, oftentimes it happens that people misunderstand my external behavior and mistake me for a pretentious, insensitive, rude and arrogant individual.

6. Which types do you identify with most?
a. How do you relate to these types?
b. How do you NOT relate to them?

Lol, I'm not sure anymore. 3, 4 and 5 come to mind, however. 3 because of the focus on image and achievement. 4 because of the focus on individuality, the need to have an identity (arguably why I delved into typology in the first place) and the sentiment of envy. 5 because of its investigative and contemplative, observer or researcher nature.
I don't relate to 3 because of the overly ambitious nature and because it sounds too concerned with what other people think of you. 4... well, people would say that I'm not as emotional as a 4 would be expected to be. 5... well, I don't know.

7. Which types are least like you?
a. Why specifically do you not relate to these types?
b. What points (if any) DO you relate to?

8, definitely. It's obvious if you read my previous answers. 7, they sound too energetic and adventurous. 2, certainly, it might as well be my diametrical opposite.
I can see how I might relate to parts of them, but I can't put it into words for the time being. My understanding is in the form of images. Although, now that I think about it, I relate to 2's concerns about not being loved or appreciated.

8. They claim enneagram type is a hidden love need. What are your attitudes toward finding love?
I want to find love in order to find someone who can understand and decipher me. Someone who can fix the broken pieces in my life or find the missing pieces of my life's puzzle. Someone who can complete me.

9. What is the message your superego tells you?

Consider a time when you felt poorly about yourself--this means your ego (i.e. YOU) is receiving negative feedback from your superego. Write a conversation between the two of them--what is your superego telling you about how to be? (Note: this obviously is very personal and may be better done privately. Report your findings).

My superego tells me that I will always be a black horse, a perennial loner shunned by the world, a misanthrope who wants to be understood. Of course, this might just be my depression. I sure as hell did not have such thoughts a few years ago, actually, come to think of it, I probably did.

10. Determine your ego ideal--the way you strive to be and want others to perceive you. (Note, you may be consciously aware of failing at this, and you will be hard on yourself if you do. If someone else tells you you're NOT this way, it may make you feel hurt, violated, or angry.)

Which of the following ideals resonate with you the most, and why? Rank them.

1. Throughout my life, I have endeavored to be different and unique. To stand out. A perpetual need to have a distinguished identity.
2. This is simple. Knowledge is power. Knowledge is my ammunition.
3. This is more of a compensatory desire. I despise the feeling of not being taken seriously or not being assertive. I don't want to be a pushover.
4. I can't explain it... it's more of an intangible desire.

11. Determine your "felt sense" of life. To do this it may help to look at how you perceive events. Another way to do this is to look back at your childhood and think of all the things your parents did to you. How did you/do you feel about these events?

Here are some common "felt senses" of life:

I relate so strongly to these. The first one goes it line with my thoughts about whether I'm just a broken piece. I've even compared myself to a defective machine of a human being on numerous occasions. "Inherently flawed". I used those exact words to describe myself. Abandonment is also a principal issue.
I honestly wish you could just peek inside my mind right now because I'm finding it quite difficult to verbally explain why I relate to these statements.

12. Core fears. You may have been aware of these fears even as a very small child, before anyone did anything to influence it. You'd be mortified to be in this position or have others perceive you this way.

Discuss which fears have played the greatest role in your life:

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Before I read anything past the Title, I just gotta Lol, hahaha.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok, I'm going to do what I always do, and wing it.

I've thought about this frequently, especially for people who just can't seem to get their type down. Or they do, even for months, then decide they're wrong.

I read several ENTP descriptions, before I barely knew what MBTI was, and I was just blown away by how accurate to my personality they were. Some other descriptions of other types were similar, but ENTP NAILED it.

And I should mention that yes, I did later take tests. ALL, and there has been about 8, have said ENTP. Ok actually one said I might be ENFP, but it was like, totally dumb.

Sometimes I think it's a person's personality that makes it innately difficult to pinpoint it. Then other times, I think it's just that, a person hasn't really come into themselves yet. They're young, or emotionally young or whatever.

I didn't read an ENTP description, take a MBTI test til I was like 29. But by then I was very confident in who I was. So that might have helped.

I dunno, just my 2 cents.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nick name screams ENTP, but the avi and rambling text sayyoung male ENFP :thinking:

Iow, cultural bias at work?

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nick name screams ENTP, but the avi and rambling text sayyoung male ENFP :thinking:

Iow, cultural bias at work?

Are u high amargirl? :D

I'm no Sherlock Holmes but my spidey sense is tingling and thinking maybe, possibly, he's not an extrovert.

(J/k u know I love u)

I'm calling it, INTP.

"Knowledge is power" you say you're intelligent, and I believe it and see it. Not just intelligent, but u put a lot of emphasis on it.

In MY experience, that's INTP.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:shrug: its a guess based on one post.

(Note:typed on an iphone)

But in my book, intps are rarely this all over the place without also being pedantic or at leas very cynical. Most are more contai ed in their writing if they have a good handle on their Ti

As an enfp, i can relate to the extreme social anxiety and feelings of isolation, especially when i was younger. Add that to the rambling, the overcompensating nickname, the fountain of personal information not structured in a detached essay-like way that an Intp would use to approach a subject like mbti and yes, my crude guess is a male Enfp who is uncomfortable being too touchy feely ( yet naturally exudes he vulnerability and approachability typical of our breed) probably due to the way he was brought up and is compensating.

I see a young man trying to find a way to come to terms with his gifts :)
(Granted, the social inadeqacy claim threw me off at first too so dont feel too bad for making that rookie mistake:wink:)

Oh! And youre still ESTP btw ;)

But hey, im good with being proven wrong :coffee:

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
Well, my type is shrouded in mystery. INTJ and ENTP were suggested to me in my previous thread. ENFP does seem plausible. How would you differentiate Fi-Te and Ti-Fe?

But what about my enneatype?

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, [MENTION=20464]MasterOfAwesome[/MENTION], if that is your real name, don't listen to me. I don't really know much about this stuff. I know the "J" stands for "Jolly" or something.

(Granted, the social inadeqacy claim threw me off at first too so dont feel too bad for making that rookie mistake:wink:)

Oh! And youre still ESTP btw ;)

But hey, im good with being proven wrong :coffee:

Heeey, um, stick to the subject. This poor boy.

Keep it mature.

And I am NOT an ESTP you're and ESTP!! I hate u!!!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, [MENTION=20464]MasterOfAwesome[/MENTION], if that is your real name, don't listen to me. I don't really know much about this stuff. I know the "J" stands for "Jolly" or something.

Heeey, um, stick to the subject. This poor boy.

Keep it mature.

And I am NOT an ESTP you're and ESTP!! I hate u!!!

:tongue10: :harhar: :cheese:

Re OP: right now, there aint enough info on you to really type you with certainty - it will take a while. So meanwhile, feel free to browse, post and contribute (it will reveal your way of thinking which makes it easier to type you and confirm behavioral patterns) and have a look through the archives - they are packed with Fe vs Fi stuff - plus the necessary dose of head-ache inducing drama for your pleasure :wink:

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, my type is shrouded in mystery. INTJ and ENTP were suggested to me in my previous thread. ENFP does seem plausible. How would you differentiate Fi-Te and Ti-Fe?

But what about my enneatype?

Like are you asking what your enneagram type is or where to take a test?
[MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] is definitely right, you're going to need to do some more self-research and more quality tests. If you're really really unsure, you're going to have to do even more work.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For enneagram, take a look at the 3w4 and 4w3 profiles. I wouldn't be surprised, with your flair for the dramatic to find a little 4 in ya ;)

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
For enneagram, take a look at the 3w4 and 4w3 profiles. I wouldn't be surprised, with your flair for the dramatic to find a little 4 in ya ;)

He seems more like a 4w5 to me. I don't get the 3 connection.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's just a crude hunch - 4w5s tend to be more understated about their flair for drama, i find and are often more focused on the unique and less on the stage performance as such. Call it a vibe.