• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's my type?

Sevlow

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Hello, I'm new on this website but familiar with MBTI and also enneagram. I'm looking for help to find my type so I'm to write about me, so please feel free to give you opinion.

Here it goes:

Don't like when I'm being told how to think.

Rarely provoke conflict even when I disagree with someone, but don't let people push me.

I'm 6'4" and not physically weak, but rarely got in physical fights. I remember once when it happened, and I felt guilty immediately after.

Competitive and likes to play almost any types of games, and I am good at it.

I'm an introvert and not very good with small talk, but very good listener.
Sometimes I just don't find a way to get in the conversation, except if the topic is stimulating like movies, games, science, science fiction, philosophy, sports, and MBTI of course. (Mostly geek stuff)

I am lazy and always have difficulty finding motivation to move and act despite the fact that I have ambitions.

I see myself more as open minded and and not very organized, but I keep my apartment mostly clean.

I was once told in person, that I look like a enneagram 5 but don't feel that I am a knowledge seeker. Maybe because I don't show much expressions and look like I'm analyzing everything.. Not sure.

I am a sensitive person despite the fact that I don't show it. And I did a lot of introspection in my life. MBTI, enneagram, etc. I am also very spiritual, but not religious. My beliefs and closer to Buddhism but I am not Buddhist.

When I drink alcohol I lose some inhibitions and become more sociable, and have more fun. (But I am not an alcoholic)

That's it for now...

Sevlow

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Hi and thank you for your answer. Here are the results for the test. I have difficulty with these test because it seems I don't always get the same result depending on the day. But overall it usually looks like this:

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||| 42%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||| 42%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||| 50%
Type 4 Individualism |||||| 30%
Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||||| 50%
Type 6 Security Focus |||||||||||| 42%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||| 46%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||| 46%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||| 70%

type score type behavior motivation
9 17 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.
3 12 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.
5 12 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
7 11 I must be fun and entertained to survive.
8 11 I must be strong and in control to survive.
1 10 I must be perfect and good to survive.
2 10 I must be helpful and caring to survive.
6 10 I must be secure and safe to survive.
4 7 I must be unique/different to survive.

Your main type is Type 9
Your variant stacking is sx/so/sp
Your level of health is above average

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Hello, I'm new on this website but familiar with MBTI and also enneagram. I'm looking for help to find my type so I'm to write about me, so please feel free to give you opinion.

Here it goes:

Don't like when I'm being told how to think.

Rarely provoke conflict even when I disagree with someone, but don't let people push me.

I'm 6'4" and not physically weak, but rarely got in physical fights. I remember once when it happened, and I felt guilty immediately after.

Competitive and likes to play almost any types of games, and I am good at it.

I'm an introvert and not very good with small talk, but very good listener.
Sometimes I just don't find a way to get in the conversation, except if the topic is stimulating like movies, games, science, science fiction, philosophy, sports, and MBTI of course. (Mostly geek stuff)

I am lazy and always have difficulty finding motivation to move and act despite the fact that I have ambitions.

I see myself more as open minded and and not very organized, but I keep my apartment mostly clean.

I was once told in person, that I look like a enneagram 5 but don't feel that I am a knowledge seeker. Maybe because I don't show much expressions and look like I'm analyzing everything.. Not sure.

I am a sensitive person despite the fact that I don't show it. And I did a lot of introspection in my life. MBTI, enneagram, etc. I am also very spiritual, but not religious. My beliefs and closer to Buddhism but I am not Buddhist.

When I drink alcohol I lose some inhibitions and become more sociable, and have more fun. (But I am not an alcoholic)

That's it for now...

I am getting the feel of an Introverted Sensor from you, just from your writing style and the vibes it emits.

I will go with ISTP.

yeghor

Hi and thank you for your answer. Here are the results for the test. I have difficulty with these test because it seems I don't always get the same result depending on the day. But overall it usually looks like this:

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||| 42%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||| 42%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||| 50%
Type 4 Individualism |||||| 30%
Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||||| 50%
Type 6 Security Focus |||||||||||| 42%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||| 46%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||| 46%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||| 70%

type score type behavior motivation
9 17 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.
3 12 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.
5 12 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
7 11 I must be fun and entertained to survive.
8 11 I must be strong and in control to survive.
1 10 I must be perfect and good to survive.
2 10 I must be helpful and caring to survive.
6 10 I must be secure and safe to survive.
4 7 I must be unique/different to survive.

Your main type is Type 9
Your variant stacking is sx/so/sp
Your level of health is above average

9_8 (28) 3_4 (19) 5_6 (22) 7_1 (21) = Si Ti Ne Fe

This is based on my own theory mentioned at http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...ion-correlations-post2321298.html#post2321298

Perhaps I should add enneagram 2 score as in half (cause I associate it with Fe-aux in my theory). I'll check whether this holds true in other readings.

That makes it 9_8 (28) 3+0.5x2_4 (24) 5_6 (22) 7_1 (21) = Si Fe Ti Ne = ISFJ

Do you identify with this?

ISFJ personality | 16 Personality Types

Sevlow

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
ISTP is possible, the description is not perfect, but I considered it.

About ISFJ I don't think so, because I would describe myself as lazy, and the ISFJ is apparently not. If I am a J, I am probably not an SJ.

Sevlow

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram

About ISFJ I don't think so, because I would describe myself as lazy, and the ISFJ is apparently not. If I am a J, I am probably not an SJ.

yeghor

Check the ISTJ description in the same link.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am getting the feel of an Introverted Sensor from you, just from your writing style and the vibes it emits.

I will go with ISTP.

I read the OP and made a guess before scanning down the thread. I guessed 9 from the start, and it turns out that was his (latest) enneagram test score.

It is contradictory for you to say Si but then guess ISTP. And I didn't see any interest in ISTP things, he's more INTP or INFP in his interests. In some ways he sounds like Abe Lincoln. His description of self-appearance goes more toward INTP or INTJ. But there is a difference between how people describe themselves and how they are described by others. I've known people to describe themselves as "really very lazy" when in fact they were hard workers: e.g., an ISFJ of my acquaintance. To perceive oneself as "lazy" is a 9 trait. 9s know how to relax, probably better than any other type. However, they also know how to work very hard and are not against the idea. It's just that they work hard to get to the point where they can finally relax, particularly the 9w1 - not so much the 9w8.

I'm not ruling out Si for this individual, since these types can also take an intense interest in philosophy. This is more of a hobby or side-interest for the Si-dom. The OP doesn't state one way or the other. Why people are interested in these things is another factor not mentioned in the OP.

I was thinking Si at the OP but your ISTP statement kind of throws me since Si is a J type. I'm more inclined to believe he is 9w1 rather than 9w8, and I would not consider 1w9 out of the question despite the (latest) e-test. Si and Ni are attracted to science and philosophy, but Ni is more attracted to religious and mystical pursuits. What's necessary however is that this attraction is based out of the subconscious level, and the responses come from this mysterious source. How Si and Ni explain these inner perceptions differ, as Si sees them as symbolizing something more concrete, while Ni explains them in terms that surpass normal understanding.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
I read the OP and made a guess before scanning down the thread. I guessed 9 from the start, and it turns out that was his (latest) enneagram test score.

It is contradictory for you to say Si but then guess ISTP. And I didn't see any interest in ISTP things, he's more INTP or INFP in his interests. In some ways he sounds like Abe Lincoln. His description of self-appearance goes more toward INTP or INTJ. But there is a difference between how people describe themselves and how they are described by others. I've known people to describe themselves as "really very lazy" when in fact they were hard workers: e.g., an ISFJ of my acquaintance. To perceive oneself as "lazy" is a 9 trait. 9s know how to relax, probably better than any other type. However, they also know how to work very hard and are not against the idea. It's just that they work hard to get to the point where they can finally relax, particularly the 9w1 - not so much the 9w8.

I'm not ruling out Si for this individual, since these types can also take an intense interest in philosophy. This is more of a hobby or side-interest for the Si-dom. The OP doesn't state one way or the other. Why people are interested in these things is another factor not mentioned in the OP.

I was thinking Si at the OP but your ISTP statement kind of throws me since Si is a J type. I'm more inclined to believe he is 9w1 rather than 9w8, and I would not consider 1w9 out of the question despite the (latest) e-test. Si and Ni are attracted to science and philosophy, but Ni is more attracted to religious and mystical pursuits. What's necessary however is that this attraction is based out of the subconscious level, and the responses come from this mysterious source. How Si and Ni explain these inner perceptions differ, as Si sees them as symbolizing something more concrete, while Ni explains them in terms that surpass normal understanding.

Introverted Sensor = ISxx types. There is nothing contradictory in what I posted.

INTPs, through Ne, show a writing style that is a low more fluent, flowery and less short and direct. They tend to write very long-winded posts and the presence of Si makes it easy for the INTP to give self analysis - you are a good example, and i could easily find others around the forum if i could be bothered. You can dig into what the OP might think, that he might be knocking himself down about being lazy, but we can only take his comments at face value unless contrary information arises. I don't see enough Judging traits in his description of himself. Maybe he is a Judger, but that is not an impression you can draw from his description of himself.

Also - any type can be religious. Typing people on the basis of their beliefs is flat out wrong. It has happened to me many times on the forum, and is hypocritical coming from you, seeing you started a thread about stereotyping people based on MBTI.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Introverted Sensor = ISxx types. There is nothing contradictory in what I posted.

INTPs, through Ne, show a writing style that is a low more fluent, flowery and less short and direct. They tend to write very long-winded posts and the presence of Si makes it easy for the INTP to give self analysis - you are a good example, and i could easily find others around the forum if i could be bothered. You can dig into what the OP might think, that he might be knocking himself down about being lazy, but we can only take his comments at face value unless contrary information arises. I don't see enough Judging traits in his description of himself. Maybe he is a Judger, but that is not an impression you can draw from his description of himself.

Also - any type can be religious. Typing people on the basis of their beliefs is flat out wrong. It has happened to me many times on the forum, and is hypocritical coming from you, seeing you started a thread about stereotyping people based on MBTI.

It's time for you to go away.

*PLONK*

Sevlow

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Thanks again for your answers. Well after reading about the functions I believe I use Fe-Ti (don't know in what order) but I'm not sure about Se-Ni or Si-Ne. And talking about Fe, 9's and conflict... please no need to fight on my thread ;) I appreciate all opinions even if they are different.

About being lazy, I agree this is not always the case, when I work, I am not considered lazy and don't hide in a corner to do nothing, I work hard, it's important for me. I still don't know if I'm a intuitive or sensor. I know that I'm very competitive, I like to play and win at different games, I watch sports like hockey and tennis, etc. But that's where I get too lazy, I usually procrastinate too much.

I read about ISTJ and ISFJ again and I really don't know about Si being my first function, what are the recognizable signs for Si dominant ?

(btw I apologizes if I make mistakes, english is not my first language)

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
About being lazy, I agree this is not always the case, when I work, I am not considered lazy and don't hide in a corner to do nothing, I work hard, it's important for me. I still don't know if I'm a intuitive or sensor. I know that I'm very competitive, I like to play and win at different games, I watch sports like hockey and tennis, etc. But that's where I get too lazy, I usually procrastinate too much.

Unlike some on here I am reluctant to assess N vs S directly from descriptions. As you post more on the forum it will be easier to tell, but the best way would be to read descriptions of Ne and Se.

I think you are an ISTP, and have e5, e3 and maybe e9 in some combination as far as Enneagram as concerned.

I read about ISTJ and ISFJ again and I really don't know about Si being my first function, what are the recognizable signs for Si dominant ?

(btw I apologizes if I make mistakes, english is not my first language)

The lack of J-ness eliminates being a Si dom.

Your English is very good btw.

Sevlow

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Yes that is also what I think, ISTP or INTP in second position, because I think I'm Ti dom. I've been playing video games for all my childhood always motivated by beating the games, solving puzzles, etc. About Ne or Se for my second function, I'm not sure yet, but probably Se.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think you are an ISTP.

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Sevlow

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Yes it seems that I act more like an ISTP then INTP. My problem with ISTP is the manual or mechanical side. It looks like they like to get their hands dirty, motorcycle and things like that. I never really tried so I don't know, but I believe I'm usually spending my free time thinking then doing anything useful with my hands, except a computer keyboard for gaming and personal research, etc.

But obviously I'm not as talkative as an INTP or my ENTP brother.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes it seems that I act more like an ISTP then INTP. My problem with ISTP is the manual or mechanical side. It looks like they like to get their hands dirty, motorcycle and things like that. I never really tried so I don't know, but I believe I'm usually spending my free time thinking then doing anything useful with my hands, except a computer keyboard for gaming and personal research, etc.

But obviously I'm not as talkative as an INTP or my ENTP brother.

ISTPs "like to get their hands dirty" is a stereotype. Look at this in a more general or cognitive sense. Do you tend to miss the forest for the trees, or the trees for the forest?

Sevlow

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
About the forest, well I have good memories with forests so when I see one, I see the whole forest and I want to go inside, so it's a little bit of both I think.

If my type is not ISTP, then I would consider INxJ or maybe I don't look like that at all ?