• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's my inner core? MBTI/Ennea/etc

Dewstring

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hi there! Please help out this lost wandering soul. I have a few types in mind, but I am open to all types so feel free to suggest just about anything! I have been self-studying MBTI for about a year. Enneagram not so much though.

I posted this in another forum, but did not receive any responses. I decided to seek help here instead! ^^

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

Nothing much really. Female, 18.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/catwald/14499919273/in/explore-2014-06-22

It’s so amazing how a single leaf can contain so many cells. All these little cells connect and intertwine together to form just that single leaf. No single leaf consists of the same cells. Yet, a tree contains countless leaves and there are billions of trees in this world. Just how many are there in this world?

I think of us all living creatures. Who we are today are made up of people around us, past experiences, lifestyles, environments etc. Like this leaf, no one is the same. All of us have different stories to tell. The more I scrutinize the leaf, the more I can’t ‘grasp’ the details. I believe it’s the same for people and that’s why I think everyone is unique.

I wonder why though that of all things, the photographer chose to take a picture of this?

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

A little frustrated and upset of course, it’s inevitable. Such a pity. I know nothing next to cars so I would probably be useless. I will just leave it to the other people in the car to solve it. Anyway, I may not even be in the car in the first place since I usually avoid concerts. Too loud and crazy that it’s unbearable. I am also afraid that I may not like those stars as much after seeing them (which actually happened before).

My outward reaction would also depend on who I am with. If they are family or close friends, I usually voice out my frustrations and try to help out a bit more. If not, I will just stay quiet and probably act dumb.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

The driver can go by himself if he wants to. I am not going. Probably be too worn out by then. I was never a party person anyway.

Well… I also kind of doubt whether the driver can restrain himself from drinking. Just sayin’ :D But then again, that would depend on how well I know that person. If I care enough for that person but don’t trust him enough, I may consider going too.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

I would instinctively and internally scream “NO!” first, before analyzing and understanding from his perspective. If we are close enough, that internal scream may become external. This analyzing process may also cause a friendly debate.

Usually I am defensive of my own beliefs. However, it can also be easy to convince me since I can see things from various perspectives. If not, I hope to ‘correct’ his point of view (well yeah, my close friend dislikes this aspect so if I know you don’t like me doing that, I will respect it and leave it be).

However, there are still certain beliefs that I hold strongly (child/animal abuse, rape, using others for own benefits etc) and I doubt it’s easy to convince me otherwise.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

I am usually quite timid but if I were to witness something like that I would abandon all thoughts of possible consequences and stand up against it.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Wisdom, loyalty, sincerity, optimism, truth, originality, love. There are more but some I can’t describe with words and others can’t think right off the bat. I don’t know how it came about. I think I originally had them but some grew stronger due to my religion.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else?

I try to treat people with honesty and sincerity. I know I may be manipulative unconsciously but I don’t want to do that. It’s tiring to be fake all the time anyway. I know some people do that probably because they don’t trust others, experiences etc. but in the end what do they gain from that?

I also can see the good in others no matter how bad they are. I forgive easily although sometimes I don’t forget.

Oh and I think and ask a lot of questions. Does that count? Not sure how much others do that.

b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

b) Be less envious/jealous of others’ abilities so easily. I don’t think I have enough self-confidence.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I analyze them. And the more I analyze, the more confused I get. I still trust them though but not all the time. They aren’t always accurate.

I get them a whole lot when I deal with relationships and feelings. Which reminds me, I always know right before a teacher calls my name (answer questions etc). It’s always so accurate it’s scary. I don’t know how or why.

9. a) What activities energize you most?

Sleeping, drawing, watching movies/anime/dramas, reading & writing (usually fiction, manga or religious books), imagining myself as main character of an epic fantasy, understanding psychology, playing badminton with friends, debating, traveling and meaningful conversations that allow me to get to know the other person better.

b) What activities drain you most? Why?

Mix around with strangers, doing something I have no or little interest in, partying, studying, memorizing, organizing, and planning.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I don’t usually voice out my negative feelings about others. It’s not obvious but I tend to have very high expectations about people around me and can get very disappointed easily. I also analyze behaviors and it’s bad but I can jump into conclusions too quickly. When I am stressed I try not to show (it’s difficult to hide though) because I can get very emotional and out of control. I usually do all these to avoid conflict. I don’t mind witnessing small conflicts once in a while (too peaceful can be boring) but I hate getting involved.

Thanks! :blush:

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Hey!

You seem like a stock INFP to me from the way you've described yourself.

Enneagram...probably 4w5. Self preservation variant.

Dewstring

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:hi:

This is interesting. While I have once thought of myself as an INFP, I later figured I relate more to Fe/Ti. May I ask where is it that you see Fi in my post? Or maybe I am just mistaking Ne/Fi for Fe? Is there Ne in my post as well?

One of my besties is a highly introverted and individualistic INFP with a well-developed Si. While we do share common interests(namely arts,reading,writing,etc), we have a very different outlook in life. While she tends to keep her ideas and opinions to herself, I love to shoot my mouth off with ideas and random thoughts. She loves to keep all sorts things for memories (stamps, tickets, receipts etc) but I never felt the need to do it. I do it sometimes only when she does (Fe?).

I have thought of myself as an ISFJ but I don't relate all well too Si. I am rarely nostalgic nor live in the past. When I look at things, they don't really remind me of my experiences. Unless it happens so fast and it's become such a second nature to me that I don't notice at all? I think I relate more to Se more than Si.

Why I think I use Fe is that I am very emotionally expressive and used to openly care for others most of time until I learnt that not all people are comfortable with that. I am very polite to new people, but less so as I get to know them better. I always feel responsible for others' feelings as well.

I relate very much to inferior Ti as well when stressed. Doubting, criticizing everything, compulsive search for truth. I suspect I may be cognitively extraverted but a social introvert.

I have thought of myself once as an ISFJ, INFP, ENFJ. Or maybe ESFJ? What do you think? :)

Ah, 4w5. I do relate alot to that as well and could be part of my tritype although for the main I am leaning towards 1w9/1w2 or 6w7/6w5. Not omitting other possibilities. Sp variant should be right :) Although not sure about sp/so or sp/sx. I need to do more reading up on them.

yeghor

:hi:

This is interesting. While I have once thought of myself as an INFP, I later figured I relate more to Fe/Ti. May I ask where is it that you see Fi in my post? Or maybe I am just mistaking Ne/Fi for Fe? Is there Ne in my post as well?

One of my besties is a highly introverted and individualistic INFP with a well-developed Si. While we do share common interests(namely arts,reading,writing,etc), we have a very different outlook in life. While she tends to keep her ideas and opinions to herself, I love to shoot my mouth off with ideas and random thoughts. She loves to keep all sorts things for memories (stamps, tickets, receipts etc) but I never felt the need to do it. I do it sometimes only when she does (Fe?).

I have thought of myself as an ISFJ but I don't relate all well too Si. I am rarely nostalgic nor live in the past. When I look at things, they don't really remind me of my experiences. Unless it happens so fast and it's become such a second nature to me that I don't notice at all? I think I relate more to Se more than Si.

Why I think I use Fe is that I am very emotionally expressive and used to openly care for others most of time until I learnt that not all people are comfortable with that. I am very polite to new people, but less so as I get to know them better. I always feel responsible for others' feelings as well.

I relate very much to inferior Ti as well when stressed. Doubting, criticizing everything, compulsive search for truth. I suspect I may be cognitively extraverted but a social introvert.

I have thought of myself once as an ISFJ, INFP, ENFJ. Or maybe ESFJ? What do you think? :)

Ah, 4w5. I do relate alot to that as well and could be part of my tritype although for the main I am leaning towards 1w9/1w2 or 6w7/6w5. Not omitting other possibilities. Sp variant should be right :) Although not sure about sp/so or sp/sx. I need to do more reading up on them.

Could you do this test and paste the "complete" results please?

Free Enneagram Personality Test