• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is EJCC?

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Posting this question somewhere more on-topic than where I'd been discussing this issue previously.

I'm an ESTJ with a lot of NFJ friends and family. I appreciate their interpersonal savvy, kindness, and creativity. They appreciate my steadiness and directness. I've heard from other NFJs that STJs appeal to them because they can take overwhelmingly detailed situations and reduce them to a sentence or two -- which calms the NFJs down immensely and helps them take action.

I acknowledge, here, that NFJs require time to Ni-Ti-dump, which I've talked with other NFJs on the forum about before. They need someone to talk at, so they can lay out all their thoughts and put everything in order. For an STJ, this seems like a prime opportunity to reduce that dumping to a brief summary and piece of advice -- which, as stated above, is one of their great strengths. They recognize this about themselves, and if they know NFJs well, they know that NFJs don't just appreciate that skill, but sometimes NEED it as well.

So, I'm having a difficult time recognizing when NFJs are using me as a sounding board without wanting my input, versus wanting someone to calm them down with Si-Te quick and reliable conclusions. In both cases, they vent at me and are stressed. In neither case will they ask me for my input. Sometimes they thank me, sometimes they are dissatisfied because they wanted me to give external validation (for their Fe), and/or just listen without presenting anything for them.

Not to mention, it's also impossible for me to distinguish that Ni-Ti-dump process, which is normal and natural, with a Ni-Ti loop, which is unhealthy. This is because if I were ever to dump information on someone similarly, it would NOT be healthy or normal, and I would need someone to snap me out of it -- because I don't use Ni or Ti and therefore don't process similarly.

Thoughts?

There is absolutely no way you're an ESTJ.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thanks, folks -- will reply when I have time.

There is absolutely no way you're an ESTJ.
It's been a whole lot of work to get here -- I was the most ESTJ person just about anywhere, up until my early to mid teens. Most ESTJs don't care enough to accommodate others' communication styles. Then again, most ESTJs aren't into the MBTI. If they knew more about personality typology, who knows, maybe it would appeal to their Te/Si, as it appeals to mine, for its practical and strategic use in the real world.

More evidence of my type can be found here.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Thanks, folks -- will reply when I have time.

It's been a whole lot of work to get here -- I was the most ESTJ person just about anywhere, up until my early to mid teens. Most ESTJs don't care enough to accommodate others' communication styles. Then again, most ESTJs aren't into the MBTI. If they knew more about personality typology, who knows, maybe it would appeal to their Te/Si, as it appeals to mine, for its practical and strategic use in the real world.

More evidence of my type can be found here.

As an ESTJ you should have digested some MBTI profiles in half an hour and then executed your new knowledge in every day interactions, rather than continuing to hang around here and discuss typology theory. I think you're confused. I know tons of ESTJs. They do stuff. They don't talk about it. I think you're confused.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
It's like me going to fix a car at a garage and then staying behind to learn all the tricks of the trade LOL no, sorry.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
As an ESTJ you should have digested some MBTI profiles in half an hour and then executed your new knowledge in every day interactions, rather than continuing to hang around here and discuss typology theory. I think you're confused. I know tons of ESTJs. They do stuff. They don't talk about it. I think you're confused.
:laugh: You may be the only one here who thinks that. I've proven my ESTJ-ness time and time again.

Check out my videos, and check out the thread I linked, for proof of my type. Or if you really want to, feel free to make a thread about it. But I would ask that we not derail this thread to debate it.

yeghor

:laugh: You may be the only one here who thinks that. I've proven my ESTJ-ness time and time again.

Check out my videos, and check out the thread I linked, for proof of my type. Or if you really want to, feel free to make a thread about it. But I would ask that we not derail this thread to debate it.

I think Sigourney Weaver is an ISTP. I may be wrong though. It's also peculiar that ISTP is the mirror image of ESTJ function-wise.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think Sigourney Weaver is an ISTP. I may be wrong though. It's also peculiar that ISTP is the mirror image of ESTJ function-wise.

I think she is an INTP. Interesting you mention the ISTP-ESTJ mirror. I tend to find myself butting heads with that type more than any other, at least in a work setting.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For whatever reason, the types of folks I use in avatars are usually STPs or NTJs. With the exception of Hermione Granger. (Using Ellen Ripley at the moment because The U cast Sigourney Weaver as me in Typology Central: The Movie today!)

I think she is an INTP. Interesting you mention the ISTP-ESTJ mirror. I tend to find myself butting heads with that type more than any other, at least in a work setting.
I think a lot of people feel like they butt heads with ESTJs more than any other type in a work setting. :laugh:

I probably do worst with people who vary widely between micromanaging and not managing at all. Unsure if that's type-related, but I've seen INTPs and various other introverted types do it.

p.s. I keep meaning to reply to your management question in the Ask an ESTJ thread. I swear I'm not ignoring it.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For whatever reason, the types of folks I use in avatars are usually STPs or NTJs. With the exception of Hermione Granger. (Using Ellen Ripley at the moment because The U cast Sigourney Weaver as me in Typology Central: The Movie today!)

I think a lot of people feel like they butt heads with ESTJs more than any other type in a work setting. :laugh:

I probably do worst with people who vary widely between micromanaging and not managing at all. Unsure if that's type-related, but I've seen INTPs and various other introverted types do it.

p.s. I keep meaning to reply to your management question in the Ask an ESTJ thread. I swear I'm not ignoring it.

I don't mean to imply there is something inherently wrong with ESTJs. It is very likely a fault of my own. I can be pretty stubborn and headstrong when I set my mind on doing something a particular way.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I can be guilty of that kind of thing. I'm good at supporting others and being helpful, but if I REALLY care about something I can have a hard time delegating. I also dislike being a task master and checking up on people all the time. (Yet another reason I've said "no" multiple times to being a manager).

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The closest character to you that I can think of is Lydia Adams (Regina King) in Southland. ESTJ 1w2 sx/sp would be my guess. Granted, you are a lot whiter than her. :D

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4

You can't actually prove you're a certain myers briggs type. That's like proving to someone that your favourite colour is yellow. It's a self reporting personality test. Anyways, I won't derail this thread further but I remain incredulous based on your post. You're probably a confused ENTJ.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You can't actually prove you're a certain myers briggs type. That's like proving to someone that your favourite colour is yellow. It's a self reporting personality test. Anyways, I won't derail this thread further but I remain incredulous based on your post. You're probably a confused ENTJ.
I find it incongruous that she would be confused for 6 years and that her cognitive function test results would indicate oodles of Si.

Im like the Ghost Rider.
You mean Neil Peart? :drummerboy: What are your favorite time signatures? :D

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I find it incongruous that she would be confused for 6 years and that her cognitive function test results would indicate oodles of Si.

People go their whole lives confused about who they really are. In fact, I'm pretty sure most people do.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4

Well, I wasn't exactly thinking of Neil Peart but more of comic book...Johnny Blaze/Ghost Rider, but hey, Neil Peart is interesting. Time signatures, don't have a favorite. I play whatever type of measure the music calls for.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Well, I wasn't exactly thinking of Neil Peart but more of comic book...Johnny Blaze/Ghost Rider, but hey, Neil Peart is interesting.
That's what I figured, I was just being deliberately obtuse. :alttongue:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If I can't prove it to you, and you think I'm wrong, then I guess we wouldn't have much to discuss anyway.
I wouldn't get Ni and Se if they slapped me in the face. :laugh:

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

If I can't prove it to you, and you think I'm wrong, then I guess we wouldn't have much to discuss anyway.

I wouldn't get Ni and Se if they slapped me in the face. :laugh:

I can attest that EJCC doesn't get Ni and Se. She is very much Si.

Being Si doesn't mean that one is not intuitive, it indicates how that intuition is expressed. Also to the degree that we tend to associate intuition with intelligence, it is easy to mistype very intelligent S types as intuitive.

I can tell that EJCC doesn't use Ni, because my Ni-ish statements confuse her, but when I switch to a more Si mode of explaining things (I can mimic Si, even if if I don't use it) she picks up on things very quickly. It's kind of like electrical wall outlets: the 110V plug only fits the American style outlet, and the 220V plug only fits the European outlet. I don't so much observe behavior so much as see how each type's ideas fit with those of other types.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I can attest that EJCC doesn't get Ni and Se. She is very much Si.

Being Si doesn't mean that one is not intuitive, it indicates how that intuition is expressed. Also to the degree that we tend to associate intuition with intelligence, it is easy to mistype very intelligent S types as intuitive.

I can tell that EJCC doesn't use Ni, because my Ni-ish statements confuse her, but when I switch to a more Si mode of explaining things (I can mimic Si, even if if I don't use it) she picks up on things very quickly. It's kind of like electrical wall outlets: the 110V plug only fits the American style outlet, and the 220V plug only fits the European outlet. I don't so much observe behavior so much as see how each type's ideas fit with those of other types.

For clarity, did you mean: it's easy to mistype someone with a sensory preference as having intuitive preferences, if they have good command of intuitive functions? Please make your remark as stark as possible so I can understand it.

And then for further clarification, was that remark related to EJCC? Because then you state that she doesn't use Ni, which contradicts the above observation, if it was in reference to her.

I'm genuinely intrigued if EJCC is in fact an ESTJ and is on here discussing typology. I'd like to understand it better. Thank you.