• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is EJCC?

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I can attest that EJCC doesn't get Ni and Se. She is very much Si.

Being Si doesn't mean that one is not intuitive, it indicates how that intuition is expressed. Also to the degree that we tend to associate intuition with intelligence, it is easy to mistype very intelligent S types as intuitive.

I can tell that EJCC doesn't use Ni, because my Ni-ish statements confuse her, but when I switch to a more Si mode of explaining things (I can mimic Si, even if if I don't use it) she picks up on things very quickly. It's kind of like electrical wall outlets: the 110V plug only fits the American style outlet, and the 220V plug only fits the European outlet. I don't so much observe behavior so much as see how each type's ideas fit with those of other types.

For clarity, did you mean: it's easy to mistype someone with a sensory preference as having intuitive preferences, if they have good command of intuitive functions? Please make your remark as stark as possible so I can understand it.

And then for further clarification, was that remark related to EJCC? Because then you state that she doesn't use Ni, which contradicts the above observation, if it was in reference to her.

I'm genuinely intrigued if EJCC is in fact an ESTJ and is on here discussing typology. I'd like to understand it better. Thank you.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For clarity, did you mean: it's easy to mistype someone with a sensory preference as having intuitive preferences, if they have good command of intuitive functions? Please make your remark as stark as possible so I can understand it.

And then for further clarification, was that remark related to EJCC? Because then you state that she doesn't use Ni, which contradicts the above observation, if it was in reference to her.

I'm genuinely intrigued if EJCC is in fact an ESTJ and is on here discussing typology. I'd like to understand it better. Thank you.

I'm speaking about several different factors. The main factor is that I'm certain that she isn't an Ni-type - very much Si/Ne. Another factor is the tendency to think of intelligent people as being intuitive types, which is often true, but not a useful litmus test. Intelligence doesn't indicate a command of intuitive functions, it's just easier for intuitive types to appear as intelligent, because they tend to speak in terms of abstract ideas. Si (and Se) types can also master abstract ideas, but this isn't "intuition" in a cognitive sense, but a learned skill.

I type others in terms of the "kinds of ideas" they tend to easily learn and generate. There is a certain "feel" to Ni/Se ideas, and a different feel to Ne/Si ideas. The differences are fairly abstract, but once you know what to look for, it's usually obvious. In my case, I'm strongly Ni, and I can sense/feel that kind of thinking in others. I don't sense that kind of thinking in EJCC.

I'm not in the mood to write another essay on Ni/Se vs Ne/Si tonight, but if you're really curious, just search the forum for my writings on these topics.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll jump on the ESTJ train. Though EJCC systematically defies the negative aspects of the ESTJ stereotype, I've never really doubted her type. She seems very ESTJ to me.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm speaking about several different factors. The main factor is that I'm certain that she isn't an Ni-type - very much Si/Ne. Another factor is the tendency to think of intelligent people as being intuitive types, which is often true, but not a useful litmus test. Intelligence doesn't indicate a command of intuitive functions, it's just easier for intuitive types to appear as intelligent, because they tend to speak in terms of abstract ideas. Si (and Se) types can also master abstract ideas, but this isn't "intuition" in a cognitive sense, but a learned skill.

I'm not in the mood to write another essay on Ni/Se vs Ne/Si tonight, but if you're really curious, just search the forum for my writings on these topics.

I think one thing people tend to forget is that Si is very adaptive based on experience and context. So (to stereotype freely), an SJ growing up in Germany might be ultra time-aware and expect the same in others. The same SJ growing up in a more time-relaxed culture (let's say somewhere in Latin America, for example) would be much more relaxed about time, and not expect others to be timely. I think since the first round of MBTI-related books was written a while back in the US, we tend to expect SJs to personify the values of the US 50s (or conservative aspects of the 60s, 70s, etc). That's not the environment that SJs grow up in today, so they are going to adapt to different conditions.

Regardless of all that, ESTJs are individuals, just like everyone else (cue Monty Python: "I'm not!"). They vary a great deal, just like individual of other types. Not every ESTJ is a button-down CEO/CFO or hard-nosed officer in the military.

(BTW: still not an INFJ, still can't resist responding to this thread.)

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think a lot of people feel like they butt heads with ESTJs more than any other type in a work setting. :laugh:

I probably do worst with people who vary widely between micromanaging and not managing at all. Unsure if that's type-related, but I've seen INTPs and various other introverted types do it.
The best boss I ever had was an ESTJ. He was older, so had lots of time to develop those non-preferred functions. Plus, he spent his career in an environment with lots of NTs. I think he learned he could trust us when we came up with those Ni plans and ideas. For my part, I never had any trouble packaging those ideas in a very structured, factually supported manner for him. We made a great team.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'll jump on the ESTJ train. Though EJCC systematically defies the negative aspects of the ESTJ stereotype, I've never really doubted her type. She seems very ESTJ to me.
This. :yes:

I get no Ni vibes from her. Plus her sense of humour is totally Ne friendly. :D

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ESTJ. Her sense of structure would make many an NTJ envious. And her Ne is adorable :heart: /Ne-dom

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That's what we're in this business for. Systematically defying SJness's negative aspects while not escaping who we are. :ninja:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

My parents are INFJ and INTP and had a strong influence on my usage of N. Especially because -- and I think most people with an INTP parent can attest to this -- INTP parenting necessitates a degree of "ooh, let's experiment with this kid to see how far i can push them". :laugh: In my case, that pushing was intellectual, and led to a lot of abstract discussion early on.

However, even with my well-developed Ne, which others have commented on, I still can't help but fall into black and white thinking, especially when stressed. And when in doubt, I always, and I mean ALWAYS, refer to precedent first.
That's what we're in this business for. Systematically defying SJness's negative aspects while not escaping who we are. :ninja:

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yeah, not ENTJ. I would say ESFJ before ENTJ for the same reasons [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] said people have also mistyped me as ESFJ - the preference for extroversion combined with being so/sx.

I could explain why I think Ne/Si over Ni/Se, but I'm on my phone and the OP hasn't really provided analysis either. Plus s/he has carried a condescending tone throughout the whole conversation so it's not worth it haha. (I actually thought this was Elfboy for a second from the "there is absolutely no way..." And the "you're probably a mistyped..." etc :alttongue:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know her IRL.

Cross off those two:
ENTJ
ESFJ

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I know her IRL.

Cross off those two:
ENTJ
ESFJ
Just for funsies: What would you say the most likely second choice would be? :)

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

ESFJ. I know you're totally TJ, but it would be my second choice as I sense the ES_J very strongly, and you're a loving and caring enough of a person that you can easily appear to have an F-type of personality.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

ESFJ. I know you're totally TJ, but it would be my second choice as I sense the ES_J very strongly, and you're a loving and caring enough of a person that you can easily appear to have an F-type of personality.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

:yes: my reason for ESFJ as the second choice too.

But yeah, you're totally ESTJ. The Law of Chanaynay-Consistently-Scoring-ESTJ-as-his-Perfect-Soulmate-on-OKCupid-Quizzes says so. :wubbie:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:yes: my reason for ESFJ as the second choice too.
:yes: Makes sense.
But yeah, you're totally ESTJ. The Law of Chanaynay-Consistently-Scoring-ESTJ-as-his-Perfect-Soulmate-on-OKCupid-Quizzes says so. :wubbie:
Emah%2B02-778793.jpg

:heart:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My parents are INFJ and INTP and had a strong influence on my usage of N. Especially because -- and I think most people with an INTP parent can attest to this -- INTP parenting necessitates a degree of "ooh, let's experiment with this kid to see how far i can push them". :laugh: In my case, that pushing was intellectual, and led to a lot of abstract discussion early on.

However, even with my well-developed Ne, which others have commented on, I still can't help but fall into black and white thinking, especially when stressed. And when in doubt, I always, and I mean ALWAYS, refer to precedent first.

my esfj daughter is just 8 years old and her ne is already super noticeable. i totally think it works like that.