• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's My Type?

What's My Type?

• INFJ

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • ENFJ

• ENFP

• INFP

• ISFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESFP

• ISTP

• ESTP

• INTJ

• ENTJ

• INTP

• ENTP

• ESTJ

• ISTJ

• ESFJ

• ISFJ

• Total voters

Murrdogg

Feel free to post enneagram types as well...

“I can be seen as complex. I see things as very light side vs dark side. I always use a certain method: treat the good kindly, give the evil one chance for redemption, if they refuse, don’t go soft on them.”

“I wish I could be the guy that trusts people, but the amount of betrayal I endured at an early age has me on guard constantly. I would even come up with contingency plans on how to leverage myself against someone should they betray me. Contingency planning I enjoy as a mental exercise but the motive behind it is what bugs me.”

“I want to be able to trust people because in order for this world to be at peace, we must be united in the sense of altruism & the emotional aura must be changed. Right now, it’s filled with selfish evil. If we change that into altruistic light, others will follow suit.”

“I’m a nice guy as long as you aren’t the one who started something with me. I never lash out at those who didn’t cause my anger. & I would feel extreme guilt & need to punish myself if I did”

“I feel others’ pain very easily. That’s why when an innocent person is in pain, I instinctively wish to stop the pain. But if it’s an evil person who’s done horrible things to people, I feel nearly no remorse.”

“I have a thrill seeking side. The adrenaline, power trips, it feels awesome.”

“I can’t stand to see someone I care about fight, whether it's a fist fight or a shouting match. I need emotional peace around me & I will get in the middle of it & figure out a way to achieve that emotional peace. But I’m always more than happy to fight on their behalf. It’s very much a protective instinct I have. A baby cries, I immediately jump up & try to figure out how to stop it.”

“When I think on whether I’d ever have children, I fear that I may damage their lives as others did to me but I also like the idea of teaching him or her my ways & that I may create another hero for this world.”

“I’m a natural at combat. What helps me is my ability to break down an opponent, look for the weaknesses. I use the same ability in my contingency plans.”

“The best feeling is knowing someone will fight beside you, that they have your back. My cousin & I are like that. & I feel a bond, a brotherhood between us & I’d fight for him any day.”

"I can't abandon my way of doing things. & that tends to make people quite angry."

"I'm the black sheep of the family. Everyone else went to parties, got drunk and/or high. I'm the only who decided not to do that. For a few reasons... Getting drunk poisons your body so it's stupid. Everyone in my family who gets drunks turns into a jerk that I instinctively want to smash into the ground, & drugs did the same thing."

"I want to start a group to teach my ways & spread my ways o help this world be at peace. Almost like a cult, I guess."

Last edited:

yeghor

“I can be seen as complex. I see things as very light side vs dark side. I always use a certain method: treat the good kindly, give the evil one chance for redemption, if they refuse, don’t go soft on them.”

“I wish I could be the guy that trusts people, but the amount of betrayal I endured at an early age has me on guard constantly. I would even come up with contingency plans on how to leverage myself against someone should they betray me. Contingency planning I enjoy as a mental exercise but the motive behind it is what bugs me.”

“I want to be able to trust people because in order for this world to be at peace, we must be united in the sense of altruism & the emotional aura must be changed. Right now, it’s filled with selfish evil. If we change that into altruistic light, others will follow suit.”

“I’m a nice guy as long as you aren’t the one who started something with me. I never lash out at those who didn’t cause my anger. & I would feel extreme guilt & need to punish myself I did”

“I feel others’ pain very easily. That’s why when an innocent person is in pain, I instinctively wish to stop the pain. But if it’s an evil person who’s done horrible things to people, I feel nearly no remorse.”

“I can’t stand to see someone I care about fight, but I’m always more than happy to fight on their behalf. It’s very much a protective instinct I have. A baby cries, I immediately jump up & try to figure out how to stop it.”

“When I think on whether I’d ever have children, I fear that I may damage their lives as others did to me but I also like the idea of teaching him or her my ways & that I may create another hero for this world.”

“I’m a natural at combat. What helps me is my ability to break down an opponent, look for the weaknesses. I use the same ability in my contingency plans.”

“The best feeling is knowing someone will fight beside you, that they have your back. My cousin & I are like that. & I feel a bond, a brotherhood between us & I’d fight for him any day.”

"I can't abandon my way of doing things. & that tends to make people quite angry."
ESTP wannabe ISTJ.

Murrdogg

Anger, duty, thrill seeking, loyalty etc. sounds like an ISTJ who goes into berserk ESTP mode when triggered.

I can see the way my past experiences affect me. & how I very well can relive each detail in my head. But also I didn’t follow the so-called “Tradition” of my family, which is partying, getting wasted, etc. I was always the black sheep & never felt that their ways were right. So, I made my own ways of how to do things & stuck to them as “My way is the right way”. & my desire to help make this world be at peace & the desire to spread my ways as a way to achieve that peace, almost like a cult kind of deal, I wasn’t sure what that would mean in terms of my type. I mean the whole “Light vs dark” way I see things is basically I subscribe to the Jedi way of doing things from Star Wars. Their ways made sense to me so I adopted them as my own ways.

yeghor

I can see the way my past experiences affect me. & how I very well can relive each detail in my head. But also I didn’t follow the so-called “Tradition” of my family, which is partying, getting wasted, etc. I was always the black sheep & never felt that their ways were right. So, I made my own ways of how to do things & stuck to them as “My way is the right way”. & my desire to help make this world be at peace & the desire to spread my ways as a way to achieve that peace, almost like a cult kind of deal, I wasn’t sure what that would mean in terms of my type. I mean the whole “Light vs dark” way I see things is basically I subscribe to the Jedi way of doing things from Star Wars. Their ways made sense to me so I adopted them as my own ways.

Enneagram type is 9w1 6w5 4w3 = 964

Murrdogg

Anger, duty, thrill seeking, loyalty etc. sounds like an ISTJ who goes into berserk ESTP mode when triggered.

I had thought contingency planning that it would be Ni, making it INTJ. However, their independence would probably contradict the enjoyment I get from having that team like bond with others. Also, that bond is typical with SJ's but I also thought it to possibly be a sign of Fe. You know, that "My friend's problems are my problems. Wanna fight him, you gotta fight me too." kind of attitude that I have. Plus the "Natural fighter" side I have, I had seen that as Se & Ti, the quick action along with analyzing the opponent. I don't know how ISTJ's are in terms of natural fighting capabilities.

Jaguar

"I want to start a group to teach my ways & spread my ways [t]o help this world be at peace. Almost like a cult, I guess."

A la Andrew Cohen?
WHAT enlightenment??!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

“I’m a nice guy as long as you aren’t the one who started something with me. I never lash out at those who didn’t cause my anger. & I would feel extreme guilt & need to punish myself if I did”

“I can’t stand to see someone I care about fight, whether it's a fist fight or a shouting match. I need emotional peace around me & I will get in the middle of it & figure out a way to achieve that emotional peace. But I’m always more than happy to fight on their behalf. It’s very much a protective instinct I have. A baby cries, I immediately jump up & try to figure out how to stop it.”

"I'm the black sheep of the family. Everyone else went to parties, got drunk and/or high. I'm the only who decided not to do that. For a few reasons... Getting drunk poisons your body so it's stupid. Everyone in my family who gets drunks turns into a jerk that I instinctively want to smash into the ground, & drugs did the same thing."

"I want to start a group to teach my ways & spread my ways o help this world be at peace. Almost like a cult, I guess."

Can you give us some MBTI-related self-descriptions? Without it I am guessing at best, although it's educated guessing.

I would say J for judger, but not much else comes through. You have a "thrill-seeking side," but there's no indication of how much you identify with it. "Contingency planning I enjoy as a mental exercise but the motive behind it is what bugs me.” What bugs you about it? Mental exercises rather describe the introverted types. Are you morally bugged by contingency planning? If you were an ESTP then it wouldn't bug you. Also, ESTPs are not complex, the INFJ type is considered complex, INFJs see themselves as complex, and your self-description indicates complexity not found in most Extroverted types.

"I fear that I may damage their lives as others did to me..." E-type 4s feel damaged by others, by society. However, it depends on what you identify as your "life." Oftentimes, intellectual types see their inner worlds (thoughts, feelings, self-derived values) as their "life," their external world being a mere extension of the inner world, and sometimes the external world is seen as troublesome and annoying.

You mentioned trust issues, and that sounds like a 6 trait. However, it could also be the self-preserving 4, particularly with regard to some of your self-descriptive statements.

Taking everything into account, you seem like an INFJ, but there is too much MBTI lacking in your description.

And the above analysis could be completely wrong. Perhaps you're a 6, perhaps INFP. It's hard to say.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Everybody says that they are complex and deep, especially on typology forums. To hell with the posturing.

Important to me are OP's idealism, egalitarian views and belief in objective morality. Combined, these are very typical of NFJs. INFJs however have inferior Se and don't feel much connection if any to sensory stimuli. His compulsions for thrill seeking and inititive to accrue combat experience suggest some Se influence.

I am going for ENFJ. Fe-Ni-Se-Ti.

As far as Enneagram goes, 1w2 so/sx.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oops I read the poll and voted before reading - ignore the ENFP vote. :blush:

I'll come back to the OP later.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

You very strongly vibe me as a member of the Gamma Quadra. Gamma Quadra - Wikisocion Other than that, you also vibe me as a type 6 perhaps, or an 8. One of the reactive types, but clearly not a 4.

Murrdogg

Just to elaborate, my stopping arguments is in brutal fashion. I yell at both sides and say that they're stupid to argue since its going nowhere. I take charge to keep the group as a team. I am good at applying others' talents to plans I create. It is what makes me good at games with companions and classes and it bugs me when others don't take the most efficient route. I instinctively point out the improvements needed. While I have a vision of stopping evil, and train others to fight, I struggle with the precise path. There's human criminals and more demonic/spiritual related targets to fight. So I train my students to fight both. I know they exist due to seeing first hand. I was skeptical about spirits without first hand experience. I entertained the possibility but put no investment into it. My intuition kicked in at age 7, I picked my apprentice. He was a newborn baby. Just one look at him for the first time and I knew he'd be perfect. No external hints triggered it. I just knew. I also have to take time for sensory pleasures, whether it'd be sex, food, music, combat, etc. I also indulge in such things to cure anger or frustration.

Murrdogg

Can you give us some MBTI-related self-descriptions? Without it I am guessing at best, although it's educated guessing.

I would say J for judger, but not much else comes through. You have a "thrill-seeking side," but there's no indication of how much you identify with it. "Contingency planning I enjoy as a mental exercise but the motive behind it is what bugs me.” What bugs you about it? Mental exercises rather describe the introverted types. Are you morally bugged by contingency planning? If you were an ESTP then it wouldn't bug you. Also, ESTPs are not complex, the INFJ type is considered complex, INFJs see themselves as complex, and your self-description indicates complexity not found in most Extroverted types.

"I fear that I may damage their lives as others did to me..." E-type 4s feel damaged by others, by society. However, it depends on what you identify as your "life." Oftentimes, intellectual types see their inner worlds (thoughts, feelings, self-derived values) as their "life," their external world being a mere extension of the inner world, and sometimes the external world is seen as troublesome and annoying.

You mentioned trust issues, and that sounds like a 6 trait. However, it could also be the self-preserving 4, particularly with regard to some of your self-descriptive statements.

Taking everything into account, you seem like an INFJ, but there is too much MBTI lacking in your description.

And the above analysis could be completely wrong. Perhaps you're a 6, perhaps INFP. It's hard to say.

My problem with contingency planning is it gives me temptation to easily use them for my own selfish craving for power, and the plans would be so well done that others wouldn't think it'd be me. I've been tempted before to take actions that would give me power to right wrongs. However, there's the chance I'd go too far and become power hungry more and more. The temptation to use dark, manipulative methods to achieve what I wish upon the world. But the temptation of such power could cause me to crave more power, thus becoming closer and closer towards the dark side.

Murrdogg

My combined traits of strategy, efficiency, balanced with feeling the pain of the innocent, wishing to protect them (Though the efficiency has a history of clashing with my empathy), a personal feeling of right and wrong (Though it's not always clear on what I feel), analysis, as well as my history of self control, make me consider that such power could be held by someone as me, to fix the world, without it corrupting me into a power hungry monster. But there's always the risk that I'm wrong.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My combined traits of strategy, efficiency, balanced with feeling the pain of the innocent, wishing to protect them (Though the efficiency has a history of clashing with my empathy), a personal feeling of right and wrong (Though it's not always clear on what I feel), analysis, as well as my history of self control, make me consider that such power could be held by someone as me, to fix the world, without it corrupting me into a power hungry monster. But there's always the risk that I'm wrong.

ISTJ

Murrdogg

Of course, the efficiency focus was a way to avoid emotional pain, but it took a toll on me. It wasn't natural. I forced myself to learn such extreme repression as a child. Makes it difficult to unravel the psychological web of my mind.

Cygnus

Based on the OP, my first guess would be ESI 8w9.

But as Jaguar pointed out, all you did in your first post was quote other people.