• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Let's get this over with.

What is my type?

• INFJ

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • INTJ

Votes: 11 84.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Some people are accusing me of being an INFJ "because I look sad" and emo generally. I don't want to get worried about this type business again, I am as determined as ever to get back to my regular posting. So my brothers and sisters: do you think I am an INFJ or not?

I've added a poll for the benefit of those who are too tired and/or lazy to give reasons.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Tertiary Fi was...more than obvious after our chat :)

Not to mention that you're trying to acquire in relationships what you want the same way you go about achieving goals - through reorganising and categorising the external world and trying to bend it to your will -> Te. (btw, not the best method for this particular goal

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Tertiary Fi was...more than obvious after our chat :)

Not to mention that you're trying to acquire in relationships what you want the same way you go about achieving goals - through reorganising and categorising the external world and trying to bend it to your will -> Te. (btw, not the best method for this particular goal

Yes, I think that is what creates the confusion, my Fi is overdevaloped for an INTJ, and people are getting tripped up by that.

I also do come across as a bit ISTJ-ish online. I have been silently watching my dad's behaviour - he is a xSTJ with very strong T and J preferences and has developed his inferior Ne as well. I am impressed at how people naturally notice him, how he talks and acts in a very dominant and authoritative way, and people fear him and listen. He had women constantly chasing him when he was my age, I've asked his friends.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I thought you might be an ENTJ, and just shy. I've read the ENTJ's aren't the most outgoing of the extroverts, so sometimes mistype themselves as INTJ's.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Some people are accusing me of being an INFJ "because I look sad" and emo generally. I don't want to get worried about this type business again, I am as determined as ever to get back to my regular posting. So my brothers and sisters: do you think I am an INFJ or not?

I've added a poll for the benefit of those who are too tired and/or lazy to give reasons.

IME INTJ 6s "feel" softer/more dynamic/more malleable than the more common 5s/9s/1s. I'd guess INFJ on username alone but INTJ more from what I've seen you post.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

IME INTJ 6s "feel" softer/more dynamic/more malleable than the more common 5s/9s/1s. I'd guess INFJ on username alone but INTJ more from what I've seen you post.

Why would you say that INTJ nines are more common than INTJ sixes?

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Sweet. Only one person thinks I am an INFJ. I don't have to join the NFs. :)
[MENTION=10757]Nicodemus[/MENTION] I way am too naturally organised and structured to be a P type.
[MENTION=21203]theDarkSide[/MENTION] This is an interesting idea. What would you consider to be the main differences between the behaviour of a shy ENTJ and an INTJ?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Outward vs inward focus. I tend to think INTJ's are more fantasy-oriented, and less straightforward and blunt than ENTJ's.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Why would you say that INTJ nines are more common than INTJ sixes?

Because I have seen far more of them on TypoC in my time here, and I only have OP's forum behavior to go on. I have no idea if that ratio is reflected in the general population; that descriptor was only meant to apply to the forum population.

Elocute

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4

I've always typed INTJ. I'm shocked when people call me "emotionless" or "very calm," but if I watch videos of myself, I see it. I think there's a noticeable split in INTJs on the internet and real life. If you're mid-twenties or near/above, I'd imagine Fi would be being developed.

Also, it's completely possible to give off a lot of Fe due to a decision by Fi. Lana Del Rey (ISFP, by most people's assumptions) makes crazily Fe-laden music.

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
An INTJ unsure of himself? May the fascist INTJ gods smite you down from where you stand.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
I've always typed INTJ. I'm shocked when people call me "emotionless" or "very calm," but if I watch videos of myself, I see it. I think there's a noticeable split in INTJs on the internet and real life. If you're mid-twenties or near/above, I'd imagine Fi would be being developed.

I am 20, but a now ex friend who was quite knowledgeable (and introduced me to) typology told me that I had overdeveloped Fi.

I don't usually show a lot of emotion (though I am prone to outbursts if my personal space is violated), but nor do I come across as particularly cold to other people. Just reserved and awkward. As mentioned, when I uploaded a pic there were comments that I looked sad and emotional, even when I was smiling.

Also, it's completely possible to give off a lot of Fe due to a decision by Fi. Lana Del Rey (ISFP, by most people's assumptions) makes crazily Fe-laden music.

Yeah...funny. I can have a switch flicked internally and then become absolutely besotted by and devoted to someone (a girl, usually) which is very strange, but I kind of like it, as i feel that is when i am most myself.

Elocute

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I am 20, but a now ex friend who was quite knowledgeable (and introduced me to) typology told me that I had overdeveloped Fi.

I don't usually show a lot of emotion (though I am prone to outbursts if my personal space is violated), but nor do I come across as particularly cold to other people. Just reserved and awkward. As mentioned, when I uploaded a pic there were comments that I looked sad and emotional, even when I was smiling.

Yeah...funny. I can have a switch flicked internally and then become absolutely besotted by and devoted to someone (a girl, usually) which is very strange, but I kind of like it, as i feel that is when i am most myself.

There's an overemphasis on sterotypes with INTJs. Around my friends, I was very nearly enfp-ish in close situations. None of them would deem me unemotional.
But when I get down to doing things, my natural inclination is "What's being discussed? What do I need to research first? What do I need to say" with far less emphasis on the emotional portion.

Here's the idea: One is default. If you were around somone you didn't know at all, what is your default behavior? What is your default with regards to "rightness"?

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Here's the idea: One is default. If you were around somone you didn't know at all, what is your default behavior? What is your default with regards to "rightness"?

Around someone I didn't know at all, I would be very nervous and fidgety. I would try not to look at them and wouldn't talk to them unless I had to. I am not sure what you mean by "rightness", but if you are talking about how I approach an issue, I tend to detach emotionally and go inside my head - when I see an essay question on the exam sheet for example, I look at it for half a second and just start writing. I hardly ever brainstorm. A structure naturally forms as I go along because the blueprints for making one are already there in my brain. The same goes with the music I hear in my head.

Does this help at all?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
given the poll choices, INTJ. in some sort of NiFi loop (being confident is one thing, saying you're one of the most attractive men on the forum is well...you need an Xe function to curb that self-fed exaggeration). :laugh:

yeghor

Around someone I didn't know at all, I would be very nervous and fidgety. I would try not to look at them and wouldn't talk to them unless I had to. I am not sure what you mean by "rightness", but if you are talking about how I approach an issue, I tend to detach emotionally and go inside my head - when I see an essay question on the exam sheet for example, I look at it for half a second and just start writing. I hardly ever brainstorm. A structure naturally forms as I go along because the blueprints for making one are already there in my brain. The same goes with the music I hear in my head.

Does this help at all?

Your avatar looks like belonging to a conqueror of lands. So an INTP who dreams about hatching into an ENTJ perhaps?