• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Opinions on my type?

VD66

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hi guys, I posted an introduction yesterday stating I wasn't entirely sure of my type and that I would post a questionnaire response to it here, well here it is.
I am fairly sure I am a Te/Fi user as opposed to Ti/Fe, however I am open to opinions. If you can see any signs of enneagram etc as well feel free to mention it. Hopefully this will introduce me more as well.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

I have suffered from bouts of depression and anxiety however this should not influence my current responses. I’m a male soon to be 20.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it. https://www.flickr.com/photos/brucelivingston/14392807592/in/explore-2014-06-10/

Well it seems to be showing the cycle from wood to paper, and therefore books, the lighting is clearly brownish/orange to further give the impression of wood. Having said that I can’t help but notice it would be difficult to reach the books with the logs in the way, someone would have to use a platform to get over them or something. Given that these books look old and valuable, that would be a shame.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
Initially, panic, I spent good money on those concert tickets and I do not want it to go to waste, I would instinctively look for something or someone to blame. After seeing sense I would look for a solution-I am sure I would be able to get a taxi or hitch-hike assuming the car was not mine, if it was then naturally I would have to wait for the repairman, and would be very stressed out doing so.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

Sure fine, I would probably not stay for too long unless I was drunk, in which case I would probably be one of the last to leave. If I was not in the mood for drinking then I would probably not look forward to it and seek a way to get out. It would be tedious if I was already tired from the concert, but who knows?

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

I rarely feel morally outraged by others as I am somewhat expect the worst in people-I suppose I am a Machiavellian at heart. However if someone says something incredibly ignorant and immature, so much so that I cannot even fathom it then I will probably argue with them. I cannot stand ignorance like that. I tend to be very stubborn, independent and honest so would not be too concerned with hurting their feelings, so they may get offended by my response.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

I would probably remind them why they are wrong with adequate explanations. I dislike having others opinions forced onto me, especially if I find them to be wrong. Having said that if they were someone I respect for some reason then I would try not to offend them in an attempt to maintain our good relationship. I am not one to protect others or have a sense of moral righteousness however. If I am to be offended by something done to someone I would need to be able to relate to the victim in some way, otherwise I am unlikely to care at all.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Generally I appreciate honesty in others, it makes things smoother, however rare it is. I also respect independence, resourcefulness, wit, and both creativity and realism-we can’t have one without the other and expect to advance as a race.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

I suppose the fact that I feel no need whatsoever to do things because others are doing them, I find that irrational. I also tend to have a strange, almost darker sense of humour. If I could change one thing, it is that I would be warmer and more supportive, too often I say things without thinking, or become aloof and distant from people I really shouldn’t. Having said that I am not at all disloyal to those I care about.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

I get energized by debates, reading (non-fiction and to a slightly lesser extent fiction)-I enjoy studying and sharing ideas on topics. I also typically enjoy movies, certain video games, and lighter social interaction-i.e. meeting few friends in a relaxed environment. As for what drains me, I loathe anything that feels rehearsed like family gatherings, very false and superficial, a waste of time. I also generally dislike nightclubs and physical activities-I was never a sporty person, though I am partial to watching but not playing football (soccer).

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I suppose I repress my more emotional side to others. I am always surprised when people say I come off as cold, for example a girl who was in a tutorial group of mine was in the same bar as me and some of our mutual friends, she said she remembered asking me for a pen but said I looked like I was going to kill her and was shocked that I was actually friendly. This took me by surprise as I never really imagined that I looked that moody, and also the fact that I did not even remember her at all (somewhat awkward).

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
A normal person--so normal it bothers me slightly

VD66

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Haha, I can see what you mean, my responses do seem formulaic, but they were honest. INTJ makes sense I guess, it is what I get most often on online tests, though I am rightly skeptical of them. Anyway, here are my function quiz results which also point towards it:
extraverted Sensing (Se) ***************** (17.2)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************* (25.4)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************** (32.3)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************************** (44.7)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************** (38.6)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************* (31.1)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************************** (27.5)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************** (23.4)
limited use