• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

One more time...

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I'd sooner backhand a monk than take on an INFP, let alone a sage like Carebear.

(Even though your invitation to a pit fight does support my argument.)

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
If it makes any difference "The Dude" (i.e. your avatar) is probably an ISTP.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some sources say The Dude is an ENFP. (Jeff Bridges himself is probably an ENTP, though.)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Crap. :(

<----But the Cyberdemon is the Guardian of Hell and thus likely an ISFJ. ;)

Carebear

will make your day
MBTI Type
INFP
I'd sooner backhand a monk than take on an INFP, let alone a sage like Carebear.

(Even though your invitation to a pit fight does support my argument.)

Fear the Care Bear Stare!

(And the pit fight invitation could as easily be INTP, ENTP or ESTP.;))

sassafrassquatch

Just curious about one more thing.

I've always been interested in astronomy, theoretical physics (black holes, wormholes, the big bang), theoretical particle physics, and futurism. The prechewed spoon fed version that Brian Greene, Michio Kaku and Ray Kurzweil write about. Before I became an atheist and rationalist I really liked UFOs and bigfoot and all the other stuff that Art Bell talked about.

Are those the sort of things that Ne feeds on?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I would say so. Ne wonders about what is in the unknown.

Se, being the ultimate realist, per Jung, wants to experience the unknown firsthand. Ne is content in speculating about the unknown.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Just curious about one more thing.

I've always been interested in astronomy, theoretical physics (black holes, wormholes, the big bang), theoretical particle physics, and futurism. The prechewed spoon fed version that Brian Greene, Michio Kaku and Ray Kurzweil write about. Before I became an atheist and rationalist I really liked UFOs and bigfoot and all the other stuff that Art Bell talked about.

Being interested in an interesting subject is not unique to any type. If you write a book on physics, you're much more likely NT (than SP for example).

sassafrassquatch

Got some more thoughts rattling around in my head. Not really about my own type but about other INTPs, I don't think it warrants a new thread so I'll recycle this one.

I'm trying to figure out what the deal is with the INTPs of INTPc. As I said before my dissimilarity to them was the impetus for doubting my INTPness in the first place. I know now that comparing myself to other people is not the proper way to determine type. As much as my dissimilarity to other INTPs nags at me I'm trying to ignore it.

Anyway, I searched INTPc for threads on Enneagram and Big 5/SLOAN test results to try to determine some differences which MBTI might not account for. I found that the vast majority of them are Big 5 RCUEIs with some RLUEIs and this poll of Enneagram types gave 124 5w4s to 43 5w6s. I am an RLUEI and 5w6 so at least among the forum dwelling INTPs I am something of a minority.

So what I want to know is do the INTPc INTPs represent the average INTP? Are they what normal INTPs are like or are they a group of very unhealthy personalities gathered together in an egotistic circle jerk to make themselves feel better?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
A lot of the INTPc folk seem to have what I would call home school syndrome. Their opinions are unwise and 100% theory based.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A thank you to the people contributing to this thread. It was somewhat helpful, and had a lot of relevance for me.
:yes: