• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

EI EI Ooooohhh!!

E or I?

• Total voters

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
ENTP vs INTP...

If an INTP is cheerful when you observe him is he not more animated, more talkative and more interested in life in general? Does his type change to ENTP to incorperate this new more extroverted approach? (I know it's not a perfect extroversion-introversion definition but stay with me here)

Of course not. Even if an INTP were to start having large parties and craving people's attention he would still evaluate information before assimilating it into his thinking. He'd still be an avid observer and likely to focus too much and analyse past the point at which most people stop.

The type is about cognitive processes, not behaviour, flaws or anything else derived from it. These things can be indicative of a particular type or preference but they are almost without exception never a direct link.

A imples B does not imply that B implies A.

INTP 4 Eva. The "opposition" fails.

:tongue10:

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I think it's very hard to say online if somebody is E or I.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I think it's very hard to say online if somebody is E or I.
Exactly. The pause that writing produces leaves time for considering lots of things which, forgive me for saying, is more the introverts way than the extroverts (Es tend to prefer to do while Is consider it). Ergo Es online have their I enhanced and I's tend to be more open because the communication medium finally means they don't have to try and talk over someone to be heard, ergo they're much more likely to speak up.