• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please help me work out my type? It's driving me crazy

Kepner

Hi all. Thanks for your help.
Here's my questionnaire answers to help working out with my MBTI type:

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/hengbok-nikita/14127408099/in/explore-2014-05-31
There's a bird. It reminds me of the devil, and that meerkat from the lion king. It reminds me of geography lessons too.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
I've never liked the idea of concerts, so I wouldn't really care, but let's say I did:

I'd probably freak out and stress a lot, because I can't stand getting somewhere any later than 20 minutes early, and then I'd also freak out because we're in the middle of no where, and concerts are at night mostly(I assume they're at night? Never been to one) so I'd be terrified of some creepy old man who was a rapist/murderer - then I'd start thinking of Wong Fu's crush the skull (video about a couple who breaks down on the road, almost murdered), and relax myself because that sort of stuff only happens in movies - right? Through this I'd probably be holding back tears because even though I'm extremely stressed about being late or murdered, I wouldn't want my friends to see me cry. After I've got my feelings in check I'd tell my friends what they should do to fix it, and I'd probably call/text someone as well - mostly to ask them for help, and also to let them know that if I don't text them again I'm probably dead.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the after party that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
I hate parties but I wouldn't want to go home alone or upset my friends so I'd just agree, and remind them that I'll be extremely upset if they do drink.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
For most of my friends, I wouldn't say anything I'd just sigh inwardly. But for some of my male friends I'm much more relaxed about having disagreements with them so I'd say something, while planning in my head everything they could say back, and coming up with evidence for why they're wrong - based on past experiences this would go on until the other person got fed up of me arguing back.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
I don't think it would effect how I am? I'd most likely still insist my way of thinking was right, even though I have proof it's not.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
I don't feel particularly strongly about anything. I was raised a vegetarian but I don't feel that strongly about it - I'd never eat meat, because I was simply raised not to - it's weird to me - but I don't care if other people do. I don't think anything would change my mind on no longer being vegetarian, I'm aware it's a social norm and it's normal to most people, but to me I can never ever imagine eating meat.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
a) Nothing? I don't stand out from the crowd nor do I want to. I guess the most memorable things about me are my ability to remember facts, and my obsession with TV shows. b) That I wasn't so oblivious to how people feel about me. There's been multiple times people have asked me out, and I'm fully aware that they like me, but a bigger part of me just assumes that they don't like me and they're just pretending to.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
I guess I don't trust hunches or my gut because I'm extremely paranoid about everything, so I need to have facts to prove something to myself. They're mostly triggered when I'm alone, especially if it's at night.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a) I love anything that's really thrill seeking - I really want to sky dive, bungee jump, etc once I have the money, so I like big rollercoasters too. And to a lesser extent, I feel the same way about learning new things, and watching new shows. b) Shopping, I hate it more than anything.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
I cry really easily if I'm stressed, so I try to hide that from people.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Hi all. Thanks for your help.
Here's my questionnaire answers to help working out with my MBTI type:

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/hengbok-nikita/14127408099/in/explore-2014-05-31
There's a bird. It reminds me of the devil, and that meerkat from the lion king. It reminds me of geography lessons too.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
I've never liked the idea of concerts, so I wouldn't really care, but let's say I did:

I'd probably freak out and stress a lot, because I can't stand getting somewhere any later than 20 minutes early, and then I'd also freak out because we're in the middle of no where, and concerts are at night mostly(I assume they're at night? Never been to one) so I'd be terrified of some creepy old man who was a rapist/murderer - then I'd start thinking of Wong Fu's crush the skull (video about a couple who breaks down on the road, almost murdered), and relax myself because that sort of stuff only happens in movies - right? Through this I'd probably be holding back tears because even though I'm extremely stressed about being late or murdered, I wouldn't want my friends to see me cry. After I've got my feelings in check I'd tell my friends what they should do to fix it, and I'd probably call/text someone as well - mostly to ask them for help, and also to let them know that if I don't text them again I'm probably dead.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the after party that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
I hate parties but I wouldn't want to go home alone or upset my friends so I'd just agree, and remind them that I'll be extremely upset if they do drink.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
For most of my friends, I wouldn't say anything I'd just sigh inwardly. But for some of my male friends I'm much more relaxed about having disagreements with them so I'd say something, while planning in my head everything they could say back, and coming up with evidence for why they're wrong - based on past experiences this would go on until the other person got fed up of me arguing back.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
I don't think it would effect how I am? I'd most likely still insist my way of thinking was right, even though I have proof it's not.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
I don't feel particularly strongly about anything. I was raised a vegetarian but I don't feel that strongly about it - I'd never eat meat, because I was simply raised not to - it's weird to me - but I don't care if other people do. I don't think anything would change my mind on no longer being vegetarian, I'm aware it's a social norm and it's normal to most people, but to me I can never ever imagine eating meat.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
a) Nothing? I don't stand out from the crowd nor do I want to. I guess the most memorable things about me are my ability to remember facts, and my obsession with TV shows. b) That I wasn't so oblivious to how people feel about me. There's been multiple times people have asked me out, and I'm fully aware that they like me, but a bigger part of me just assumes that they don't like me and they're just pretending to.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
I guess I don't trust hunches or my gut because I'm extremely paranoid about everything, so I need to have facts to prove something to myself. They're mostly triggered when I'm alone, especially if it's at night.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a) I love anything that's really thrill seeking - I really want to sky dive, bungee jump, etc once I have the money, so I like big rollercoasters too. And to a lesser extent, I feel the same way about learning new things, and watching new shows. b) Shopping, I hate it more than anything.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
I cry really easily if I'm stressed, so I try to hide that from people.

You are definitely a Sensor and a Judger. I am getting a pretty strong Si vibe.

ESxJ. Quite balanced T-F but leaning towards ESFJ.

Kepner

You are definitely a Sensor and a Judger. I am getting a pretty strong Si vibe.

ESxJ. Quite balanced T-F but leaning towards ESFJ.

Thanks for your reply. Can you think of any questions I could answer that would help decide if T or F?

Kepner

It seems about half and half, I haven't had to make enough important decisions to know whether I think more with my head, or head/feelings but I identify at least somewhat with everything else for both, apart from I identify much more with "I can be seen as too task-oriented, uncaring, or indifferent" than "I am sometimes experienced by others as too idealistic, mushy, or indirect."

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
It seems about half and half, I haven't had to make enough important decisions to know whether I think more with my head, or head/feelings but I identify at least somewhat with everything else for both, apart from I identify much more with "I can be seen as too task-oriented, uncaring, or indifferent" than "I am sometimes experienced by others as too idealistic, mushy, or indirect."

In that case you could be an ISTJ with overdeveloped tertiary (Si-Fi loop). But hopefully somebody else will come and offer a second opinion.

Kepner

In that case you could be an ISTJ with overdeveloped tertiary (Si-Fi loop). But hopefully somebody else will come and offer a second opinion.

Thanks for your help, I'll try some googling too while waiting.