• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Other perspectives on my type.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Understood. Thank you.

You're welcome. You also said you would answer other questions. So, why do you want to know your personality type? This is not a skeptical kind of question, but a delving kind of question.

lue

You're welcome. You also said you would answer other questions. So, why do you want to know your personality type? This is not a skeptical kind of question, but a delving kind of question.

I edited after you responded, but can I ask why you say N instead of S?

I answered that in the last post I thought. I said I want to get other outside non-test based perspectives.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I edited after you responded, but can I ask why you say N instead of S?

I answered that in the last post I thought. I said I want to get other outside non-test based perspectives.

It was just an impression. I can't explain an impression.

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It was just an impression. I can't explain an impression.

Interesting, this is not the first time I hear this from others. Otoh I always thought impressions can be described - and thus explained a bit - if giving it a little thought. At least I'm usually able to get "hold" of the impression with a little extra focus and then flesh it out.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
What in my previous posts lead you to SF?

A little bit about me (some of this will be in past tense because my health levels now are very different from what they used to be):

I spent some time thinking I was an extrovert. In the past, if you saw me out in a social setting, I could be very lively (especially if I know the people).

I am very easily drained.

I used to spend a lot of time in my head and imagination.

I am shy, and very quiet if I don't know you.

I used to be a generally happy person.

I am a painter/artist.

I love nature, water, peaceful places.

I do not make decisions based on emotions.

I can be very flaky.

*Trying to give information about me without including facets of my type.

Edit: oh, and I used to be really clumsy (literally a walking hazard).

Do you paint full time or is it just a hobby? It's really rare for INTJs being painters. If I had to judge you by the above I would suggest ISFP. ENFP could also be possible, Ne-doms can appear introverted and you also have this playfulness in your writing style somehow. Just an impression. What exactly do you mean by you don't make decisions based on emotions? There is a lot of room for misinterpretation.

yeghor

I get an ISTP disconnectedness fron you [MENTION=21486]lue[/MENTION]

lue

Do you paint full time or is it just a hobby? It's really rare for INTJs being painters. If I had to judge you by the above I would suggest ISFP. ENFP could also be possible, Ne-doms can appear introverted and you also have this playfulness in your writing style somehow. Just an impression. What exactly do you mean by you don't make decisions based on emotions? There is a lot of room for misinterpretation.

I paint full-time. Re: playfulness, really? Well, thank you. :blush: I can be very playful, didn't know it was coming through in my writing (unless I'm intentionally doing it).

On a general basis, my decisions and opinions are based on what makes sense to me/logic. Not necessarily how I feel.

Going with ISFP :)

Is it because I'm an artist?

I get an ISTP disconnectedness fron you [MENTION=21486]lue[/MENTION]

That's interesting. What's the disconnectedness?

yeghor

:laugh: May I ask why then?

You are too insistent on your way, or your preferences. You don't bend for others... this is either a sign of high Fi or low Fe...so you are either an Fi dom or a Ti dom.

Alea_iacta_est

You are too insistent on your way, or your preferences. You don't bend for others... this is either a sign of high Fi or low Fe...so you are either an Fi dom or a Ti dom.

Or, more realistically and truthfully, Se. The only insistence Ji produces is the insistence that the internal model is veritable and pure. Je insistence is to make others follow the framework absorbed from the environment. Se's insistence is self-assertion, sticking up for one's self and imposing one's will on others. "You don't bend for others" would, if actually used correctly, indicate the persistence of Se, to remain self-confident and to endure. Non-applicable to the Feeling function excepting the imposing of ethics on others (generally seen in Fx-Se mechanisms).

ISxP seems rather reasonable.

lue

That's interesting. I do have a good use of Fi (and an unused Fe), but couldn't that also be J though?

lue

Se's insistence is self-assertion, sticking up for one's self and imposing one's will on others. "You don't bend for others" would, if actually used correctly, indicate the persistence of Se, to remain self-confident and to endure.

ISxP seems rather reasonable.

That makes sense especially here on the forums, and as a 9 it's something I have worked on, makes me rather proud. :blush: (except for the imposing of the will-that's not my intention).

Alea_iacta_est

That makes sense especially here on the forums, and as a 9 it's something I have worked on, makes me rather proud. :blush: (except for the imposing of the will-that's not my intention).

Interestingly, Strong Se runs counter to Type 9's general ambivalence and lack of self-assertion, especially since Type 9 is often referred to as "self-forgetting". When there are Se valuing types typed at 9, (usually ISFP), the Se is present but seems to be highly downplayed, allowing more development in more "passive" functions such as the ISFP's Fi-Ni mechanism, meaning that the ISFP 9 might be more inclined to get stuck in dom-tert loops than other ISFPs.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
I paint full-time. Re: playfulness, really? Well, thank you. :blush: I can be very playful, didn't know it was coming through in my writing (unless I'm intentionally doing it).

On a general basis, my decisions and opinions are based on what makes sense to me/logic. Not necessarily how I feel.

Ok. May I ask what you want to express or portray with your paintings? Do you paint things that you see or imagine, but always with a connection to reality or do you add something (emotions, fantasies, etc.)?

lue

Interestingly, Strong Se runs counter to Type 9's general ambivalence and lack of self-assertion, especially since Type 9 is often referred to as "self-forgetting". When there are Se valuing types typed at 9, (usually ISFP), the Se is present but seems to be highly downplayed, allowing more development in more "passive" functions such as the ISFP's Fi-Ni mechanism, meaning that the ISFP 9 might be more inclined to get stuck in dom-tert loops than other ISFPs.

I have a very limited use of Se, but like I said, assertion and ambivalence are things I have worked on. That is very interesting though.

Ok. May I ask what you want to express or portray with your paintings? Do you paint things that you see or imagine, but always with a connection to reality or do you add something (emotions, fantasies, etc.)?

My work is abstract. I don't go into my art thinking "I'm trying to portray this," it just happens. But my artist statement is about connectivity and moments.

I'm getting camera shy now :unsure: