• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Other perspectives on my type.

lue

If you are sure of your type then why are you asking for other opinions? Is there a specific axis that you are unsure of? Your claim to specifically have high spatial intelligence is also a characteristically Sensing type trait.

I agree that personality is best gauged indirectly, but having test results to show us helps with interpretation. Enneagram is also important, especially as your Enneagram is very unusual for an INTJ or a Thinking type generally. The great majority are core 5 or 6w5 (primary head triad). I dislike yeghor's Enneagram test because of the limited information about your type it gives you.

Try this one Comprehensive Enneagram Quiz
For MBTI, there is an adaptive questionnaire which I rate (each question changes depending on your previous answer): John's Personality Test. Another plus is that you can skip a question if you think you are 50/50 between the two possible answers.

I've already answered these questions earlier in the thread. When did I claim to have high spatial intelligence?

lue

Heh, that complicates things.

I was going to say that my impression was that you seem to be an INTJ. Now I'm not sure.

That's interesting. You're the first person to say that. Do you mind if I ask what gave you that impression?

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
I've already answered these questions earlier in the thread. When did I claim to have high spatial intelligence?

It's necessary for visual art, especially sculpture. Not that I'm saying that means you have to have Si and Te (or Ne), but it points me more in that direction.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
I think you are a perceiver. You don't work with structure you just start and see how it turns out. I often do it the same way when I am about to write some music. ISTPs are normally not shy. How strong is your use of Ne?

Complete opposite to my way of composing.

I plan out a complete structure for each section of the music before i start actually writing the notes down. What key it will be in, the orchestration, how long the phrases will be. I do a lot of brainstorming looking at the themes in the text I am trying to set and how they could be accurately represented musically.

The problem is not getting overwhelmed trying to fulfill these detailed plans and structures, to help I always work in half hour blocks and then take a break.

Nothing like Mozart, who just wrote shit down (though he started editing later in life). He was an ESTP by the way.

lue

It's necessary for visual art, especially sculpture. Not that I'm saying that means you have to have Si and Te (or Ne), but it points me more in that direction.

I love sculpture. I can see why you would say that. I don't think that visual artists=high sensing though.

lue

I plan out a complete structure for each section of the music before i start actually writing the notes down. What key it will be in, the orchestration, how long the phrases will be. I do a lot of brainstorming looking at the themes in the text I am trying to set and how they could be accurately represented musically.

The problem is not getting overwhelmed trying to fulfill these detailed plans and structures, to help I always work in half hour blocks and then take a break.

Nothing like Mozart, who just wrote shit down (though he started editing later in life). He was an ESTP by the way.

For me it's more of a painting by intuition type thing. It's great to just let my mind go and paint. The only planning I really do is if an idea pops into my head. Other than that, I just start. It's also a heavy Se thing for me, I love the texture of the paint (I paint with my fingers a lot), and I love moving the paint around.

I was reading an article somewhere and an artist said that paint has a very sensual quality, I agree.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
I love sculpture. I can see why you would say that. I don't think that visual artists=high sensing though.

Ni-Te does not lend to spatial thinking. You know you're a Ni dom when your best ideas come shaving or lying in bed, just because that is when we are most relaxed (I sing in the shower lol).

One of the things that makes it hard for me to compose, to the point where sometimes I think it's just not something I can do, is that it is impossible for me to just write something down that I "hear" in my head. I can synthesize very complicated and "complete" music internally at will, but have real trouble translating it. This is a classic problem Ni doms have. So imagine how hard it would be trying to paint.

I used to have a friend (we don't talk anymore) who is an INxP and she is a fantastic sketch artist. Doesn't change the fact that she's a b*tch though.

I hope you are not offended that I don't see much INTJ-ness, it's just the way you approach art seems very P-ish at least. It kind of reminds me of one of my lecturers, who just writes down shit and ges with how the ideas turn. He is ENFP.

lue

Ni-Te does not lend to spatial thinking. You know you're a Ni dom when your best ideas come shaving or lying in bed, just because that is when we are most relaxed (I sing in the shower lol).

One of the things that makes it hard for me to compose, to the point where sometimes I think it's just not something I can do, is that it is impossible for me to just write something down that I "hear" in my head. I can synthesize very complicated and "complete" music internally at will, but have real trouble translating it. This is a classic problem Ni doms have. So imagine how hard it would be trying to paint.

I used to have a friend (we don't talk anymore) who is an INxP and she is a fantastic sketch artist. Doesn't change the fact that she's a b*tch though.

I hope you are not offended that I don't see much INTJ-ness, it's just the way you approach art seems very P-ish at least. It kind of reminds me of one of my lecturers, who just writes down shit and ges with how the ideas turn. He is ENFP.

Oh, no I'm not offended at all, I asked for other perspectives. I do think you're view of INTJ's when it comes to art (especially visual art) is very limited though. Or you have a very limited idea of how visual artists work. From what I understand spatial thinking can also be used in science, mathematics, technology, etc. (I could be wrong- I had to look it up), but by that notion Ni-Te wouldn't lend itself to fields that are stereotypically INTJ.

Spatial thinking might be important when it comes to Realism, or other types of work where it's important to be able to determine the relationship between different objects, but with abstract art and other forms of art it's not necessary.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP

That sounds like hard work. Before I start, I need an impulse, an inspiration. I always got a rough idea of what I want to do - What mood it will be in, if it's going to be slow or fast, but that's everything. I just go and see where it takes me.
Btw, why would Mozart be Ti?

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
That sounds like hard work. Before I start, I need an impulse, an inspiration. I always got a rough idea of what I want to do - What mood it will be in, if it's going to be slow or fast, but that's everything. I just go and see where it takes me.
Btw, why would Mozart be Ti?

Actually, I would find what you do hard work as well...:huh:

I really don't know what Mozart's exact type would be (he was definitely ES but beyond that...), I'm taking it from here: http://minnesota.publicradio.org/tools/infographics/composer-personality-classicalmpr.png.

I

Infinite Bubble

That's interesting. You're the first person to say that. Do you mind if I ask what gave you that impression?

General things really. I pick up Te from your posts but I'm not sure if it's auxiliary or further down due your health.

9 seems iffy, but there isn't enough info.

I really don't know what Mozart's exact type would be (he was definitely ES but beyond that...)

I would've gone for ESFP.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
[MENTION=20385]Alea_iacta_est[/MENTION], do ENJs use Se for creative endeavors?

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do we have an Aspie on our hands?

[MENTION=21486]lue[/MENTION], do you identify specifically with inferior Se?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
9w8 instead of 9w1 by impression. Something about solidity/stubbornness of position. Not much reason to doubt INTJ IMO.

I don't believe much on typing by method of art. If we did, I'd probably be ISFP. Art is super sensory by nature, but it's also an output process, while P is an input process.

lue

Do we have an Aspie on our hands?

[MENTION=21486]lue[/MENTION], do you identify specifically with inferior Se?

I'm not an aspie. I'm pretty sure I identify with inferior Se. I'm can be pretty clumsy and I can relate to a lot of things said in this thread.

9w8 instead of 9w1 by impression. Something about solidity/stubbornness of position. Not much reason to doubt INTJ IMO.

I don't believe much on typing by method of art. If we did, I'd probably be ISFP. Art is super sensory by nature, but it's also an output process, while P is an input process.

Ah, got it.

Are you an artist?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ah, got it.

Are you an artist?

Yeah. Mostly I just doodle with pencil and ink, but they let me do some of the graphic advertising at my part-time workplace and sometimes I paint. I've dabbled in everything from stained glass to pottery to web design. I play piano too, and mess with violin sometimes. Checked out your site, love Written on Blackboard and Concerto No. 12. Does seem very sx, lots of bold energy. My stuff always ends up whimsical, complex, gently colored. I do think the energies in art are good reflections of who we are, though not sure I think they necessarily correspond to any types. Just tendencies, probably.

lue

Yeah. Mostly I just doodle with pencil and ink, but they let me do some of the graphic advertising at my part-time workplace and sometimes I paint. I've dabbled in everything from stained glass to pottery to web design. I play piano too, and mess with violin sometimes. Checked out your site, love Written on Blackboard and Concerto No. 12. Does seem very sx, lots of bold energy. My stuff always ends up whimsical, complex, gently colored. I do think the energies in art are good reflections of who we are, though not sure I think they necessarily correspond to any types. Just tendencies, probably.

Wow, that's amazing. :smile:, thanks so much. If you ever show your stuff I would love to see it.