• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

It bothers me more than it should

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I don't know if MBTI is an obsession or just healthy curiousity. I know that I'm young and shouldn't really worry about my type, but I see myself in almost all of them so I'm gonna hand the torch to you. I hope I'm interesting enough to catch your eye!

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
Not at all.

2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?
I prefer the first picture, it's bigger and I adore the colors. It's a beach at a starry night, and the northren lights make the sky glow.Both the sea and the sky are deep blue, but the sky looks orangewhen you get closer to the water. There might be some mountains there? I'm not sure what I'm seeing. It looks like a beautiful, highly photoshopped place.

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?
Cover letter is like resume? I'd just desrcribe how would another person would describe me, maybe?
Mature- I was always more mature than my age. Sometimes it made me feel out of place, really.
Responsible- You can count on me to do the work. I might procrastinate a bit, but it will be done before the deadline.
Clever- I'm always telling jokes that make other people laugh. Cynical jokes though.
Ambitious-Not in a cut-throat kind of way; I don't strive to be the best, I strive for achievement according to my own vices and versas.
Logical- I look at thing objectively. When things go wrong and I'm stressed (which happens often) I break the situation down to tiny pieces and see what needs to be done, and I feel better. I also love to analyze things.
Artistic- ever since I was a kid, I always drew something. It's a big part of me and the thing I do best (though I excel in a few subjects, this is by far the best). I love it so much and I can't imagine my life without art. Though artworks can annoy me when they are very simple and the message is supid (ahm ahm MODERN ART MOSTLY).
Curious- I love to learn. Look at me, I'm studying psychology for my own enjoyment. My favorite subjects are history, English, and art.

4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?
I'd like to be less stressed. I stress easily and even though I calm down after thinking of the situation logically the educational system makes me cringe sometimes. I'd like to be more relaxed. Also, to pay less attention to the physical world- if I'm going on a trip I need to have the hotel really nice and fancy, or that I can't shop for food if its box looks crushed and not so good, for example. I wish I could settle for less, it makes me feel really spoiled. I'm also a people pleaser, and I'd like to think about myself more than others.

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?
My friend once told me: "You know, me and a few of our friends talk about you, and we couldn't think of a single bad thing about you". I make a good impression over people. My friends percieve me as more logical than I am (I do have feelings!), more extrovert than I actually am (I like talking to people a lot, but one-on-one), and more leader than I am (I'm the leader of the group, but I don't always take charge. Only over my sisters, ha). Also, my younger sister considers me more emtional than I am. I'm not sure if I'm objective enough to know if they're right or wrong, though.

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.
I really wasn't sure what I found important in life, so I took the Value test and these are the results (I'll give you top 6):
1. Intelligence (13 votes)
2. Reasonableness (12 votes)
3. Perfection (12 votes)
4. Ambition (10 votes)
5. Knowledge (9 votes)
6. Open-mindedness (9 votes)

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?
Well, when I entered highschool (new school, new teachers... Middle school was great and I had a hard time leaving). I took some time to investigate things, settled in, and if there was something that I didn't liked (like my electives)- I went and changed it. I make the new enviorment my own (unless there are things that I can't change, and then I just complete with the situation).

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
I won't take help from anyone, my head will hurt, I might yell. I'll talk to some close friend or my mother, I'll take my dogs for a walk and will come down. I'll calm myself down, most of the time.

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
I will be cheerful, calm and will tell more jokes than usual. I will also show more phycial affection, if it's with family, let's say.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?
When I'm in a group, I feel out of place, like my voice is unheard and I prefer to listen rather than talk. I prefer one-on-one interaction; when I'm with an extrovert person, he dominates the conversation, but when I'm with an introvert person, I dominate the conversation. I'm pretty close on the I/E scale.

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?
I value some traditions, but not a lot. I value politeness a lot- I'm very polite myself and it bothers me when other are not (dude, just say thank you. Don't be an asshole). I don't really trust people, I'm always on guard. I'm very careful with the person I let in.

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?
Authority likes me, I'm a good, quiet (not after you get to know me, haha) kid. I don't always like authority. If I value the person in charge, I will listen to him and obey orders, and also talk to them about unralted things, it will be more than just authority. If I don't value the person, I'd probably won't listen to him very much and will disrespect him (though I won't show it, I'll disrespect him in my mind, ha).

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?
I mostly see them in the physical matter- order (order of physical things) and chaos (a messy room, for example). I don't need my closet to be orginzed at all, chaos won't bother me. But when I though deeper, I realized I need my thought to be orderly. I need to understand what I'm feeling or thinking, and why. I search logic within myself, and if others are lacking logic I get annoyed.

14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?
I think I fear of failure and letting people down. I'm at the top of my class, and if I fail a test I'm really afraid of what my parents will say and is also sad about the failure, so I always try my hardest, and then get stressed.

15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?
I want a good job that I will like and will be good at, and also a great family life. Plus, it has been my dream to move to Europe (more recently, Germany) since I was 6, because I love the weather, culture and views. I think of it as a prcatical matter, I can see how I'll do it in reality. I always had dreams about my career, but I always change plans and never stick though them, haha.

16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
I think I'm energized when I'm finishing a drawing, getting an A on a test, success, maybe? I also get energized when I learn something, and I do it right.

17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.
Curiousity, mainly. I think I'm either ENTJ, INTJ, ISTP, ENTP, or ENFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ, maybe INTP? I don't even know. I must be pretty balanced? I don't know who I'd like to be, everything is fine with me. I did an enneagram test yesterday:
Type 1- 9.7
Type 5- 8.3
Type 6- 6.7
Type 3- 6.7
Type 9- 5.3
Type 2- 4

Wing 1w9- 12.4
Wing 5w6- 11.7
Wing 1w2- 11.7
Wing 6w5- 10.9
Wing 9w1- 10.2
Wing 5w4- 9.2

...And so on.

18. Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you?
I think that cover it all, thank you!

So what do you think?