• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

LL's enneatype the sequel.

My type?

• 1w2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1w9

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w2

• 3w4

• 4w3

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • 4w5

• 5w4

• 5w6

• 6w5

• 7w6

• 7w8

• 8w7

• 8w9

• 9w1

• 9w8

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 6w7

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
L

LadyLazarus

Edit: The poll has been fixed(thanks mods) so 6w7 is an option now.

I know I've already gone through this once, but that was when I was very new, I'd like to revisit this now that I have been here for a while, granted I still know none of you very well at all, but at least I know of you and vice versa, now. I hate to ask, as I am aware that this will get very very confusing because everyone is most likely going to say something different, regardless; I'm curious as to see how it will go this time around.

It seems I'm still a weird middle ground between e4 and e6, after all this time, I still see a lot of me in both of their intimate subtypes. I feel this may be because my second fix may be very potent, and on almost equal footing with my core type(just like being balanced on my top two functions...ugh why am I so close on so many things.:dry:)

Anyway, I've also decided to include the other types just in case someone thinks I am something entirely different, which I doubt I am but I suppose it would be wise to take all options into consideration, within reason of course. However, I will mention that I am now certain that I am this tritype, so it's really either 4 or 6, as I am sure I could never be a core 8.

I've decided the best way to go about this is to highlight the parts of each intimate subtype which I relate to.(I included two 6 descriptions because they where both really short for some reason.)

Sexual 6 - Seeking Intimacy/Intensity

The Intimate Four
Suffering by Comparison

Outside of the subtypes; I very much relate to these parts of the 6w7 description:

In regards to 4w3 I relate to this:

All help and opinions are appreciated.

S

Stansmith

I can't say much besides the fact that I relate to alot of what you say, being a 6w7 myself. It would help if you wrote a bit about how you relate to the two types and their respective core fears in yourself, spontaneously. Even I could peg myself as a Four based on the subtype descriptions.

L

LadyLazarus

I can't say much besides the fact that I relate to alot of what you say, being a 6w7 myself. It would help if you wrote a bit about how you relate to the two types in yourself, spontaneously. Even I could peg myself as a Four based on the subtype descriptions.

Alright, well I relate to 6 in that I am prone to seeking stability in others because I do not possess it myself, I get anxious when there is too much uncertainty, I don't really like taking unnecessary risks.

I relate to 4's feelings of being the one on the outside looking in as well as it's drive for authenticity, which I see as something very crucial to my identity, I also see their depth of understanding of their own emotions within myself.

S

Stansmith

Alright, well I relate to 6 in that I am prone to seeking stability in others because I do not possess it myself, I get anxious when there is too much uncertain, I don't really like taking unnecessary risks.

I relate to 4's feelings of being the one on the outside looking in as well as it's drive for authenticity, which I see as something very crucial to my identity, I also see their depth of understanding of their own emotions within myself.

I almost want to say 4, although it's a vague feeling. What do you mean by stability in others? Also, how do you relate to their respective (dis)-integration points?

G

Ginkgo

You strike me more as a 6w7. Not as withdrawn as I would expect a 4 to be. :shrug:

L

LadyLazarus

I almost want to say 4, although it's a vague feeling. What do you mean by stability in others? Also, how do you relate to their respective (dis)-integration points?

Emotional stability, my emotions are so strong and all over the place, I tend to look for people who are emotionally stable enough to counter-act that, like a "rock" of sorts. I'd say I do very much relate to 4's disintegration into 2 when I am unhealthy, I become very clingy and approval seeking. I don't so much relate to 6's disintegration into 3 as I don't think I become very 3-like under stress, I don't become competitive or anything of that sort.

As for their integration points, I relate to 1 when average-healthy because I tend to become obsessed with becoming someone good and tend to become very morally critical of those around me, I feel like I get this "I know best" attitude when I feel at my best. In regards to integration to 9, I suppose I do become calmer when I am average or healthy, at least calmer than I usually am.

L

LadyLazarus

You strike me more as a 6w7. Not as withdrawn as I would expect a 4 to be. :shrug:
Yeah, I can understand that, but I thought 4w3 was the less withdrawn of the 4's, almost like an ambivert? I'm not really this extro/ambiverted IRL though.:laugh:

Of course, no one's seen that though, so yes online I am much less withdrawn.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Emotional stability, my emotions are so strong and all over the place, I tend to look for people who are emotionally stable enough to counter-act that, like a "rock" of sorts. I'd say I do very much relate to 4's disintegration into 2 when I am unhealthy, I become very clingy and approval seeking. I don't so much relate to 6's disintegration into 3 as I don't think I become very 3-like under stress, I don't become competitive or anything of that sort.

As for their integration points, I relate to 1 when average-healthy because I tend to become obsessed with becoming someone good and tend to become very morally critical of those around me, I feel like I get this "I know best" attitude when I feel at my best. In regards to integration to 9, I suppose I do become calmer when I am average or healthy, at least calmer than I usually am.

From what I've seen you write about yourself in the short time I've been here, I see an image type with more 4w3 issues than 6w7 issues. I've seen a lot of concern with emotional authenticity and being your "true self" a lot more than 6-ish security and anxiety related stuff. The fact that you feel you don't disintegrate toward e3 like an e6 would makes me think 4w3 even more.

L

LadyLazarus

From what I've seen you write about yourself in the short time I've been here, I see an image type with more 4w3 issues than 6w7 issues. I've seen a lot of concern with emotional authenticity and being your "true self" a lot more than 6-ish security and anxiety related stuff. The fact that you feel you don't disintegrate toward e3 like an e6 would makes me think 4w3 even more.

Thank you for the input. Yeah, now that you mention it, I do notice I don't ever really talk too much about security or things of that nature.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I voted 4w3

You kinda hover around the outside of interactions compared to other people, like say prplchknz or skylights

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

What you described is Fi, if you want to uderstand 4s you have to look further at their motivations and fears. 4s are motivated to find their "true, core self", something that is pure and belongs only to them. In this search for the true self they try to find out who they really are, but they usually confuse it with fake self image and creation of mistycism around their persona. They believe the depth of emotions can bring them closer to their true self, while because they are so centred inside, they feel lonely and misunderstood by the outside world. They fear not to find this true self withing themselves and because of that fear they need to hold on their idea of personal originality and unqiness.

About your type...all I can say is sx dom.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think you are a six. You wouldnt be asking yourself all these questions if you werent. Fours dont question themselves in the same way, I dont think, they want to understand themselves, but it takes on a much more "intuitive" and self aware form, like "when I was young this and that happened to me and I was so heartbroken and now I project this heartbreak and on all my partners" etc. You seem less self aware but more aware of systems and how they work. You do question yourself, but it seems to me you question yourself because you want certitude(which confers peace to a six), not because you want self-insight.

That is of course, my opinion, and even if I did know you well, which I dont, I could still be off.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't seriously type people online, but I'll give you my two cents.

First, as I've said several other times, 6 is more about existential anxiety--everything that can go wrong will, and you should prepare yourself for it or defy it. Type 4 is more about feeling inherently flawed and seeking the answers to oneself through introspection. There is a tendency to identify oneself by one's feeling states. Type 8 is more about a constant state of war with the world.

In truth, I don't care much about the parts you've bolded. I could bold 50% of nearly everything I read for myself if I thought about it. I'd like to hear--in your own words--what you can/can't identify with about each type you're considering. Be as in depth as you'd like; tell stories as necessary.

Last question, why do you rule out type 8? I seriously ruled it out as a core type for most of my life without giving it fair consideration, and at one point even became sure it wasn't my gut-fix at all. In retrospect, that was both unfair and foolish, and it caused me a lot of trouble.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Also, this speaks in favor of 4 to me:

You see security as "emotional stability". I think for most 6s see it more literally--a bulwark against the things that "could" happen. That you can understand 2-disintegration and see a 1 connection is, to me, further indication of a 4 core (though I firmly maintain that you can also experience integration/disintegration of your wings so you COULD have a 7-wing I guess).

There are many potential answers here, which is why I hesitate to type online.

Oh and--

However, I will mention that I am now certain that I am this tritype, so it's really either 4 or 6, as I am sure I could never be a core 8.
This is exactly what I said when I first discovered tritypes. Just sayin.

L

LadyLazarus

What you described is Fi,
Yes, this is where some of my doubt lies, 4 and Fi seem really similar in a lot of ways, so I can't tell if it's 4 or Fi.

4s are motivated to find their "true, core self", something that is pure and belongs only to them. In this search for the true self they try to find out who they really are, but they usually confuse it with fake self image and creation of mistycism around their persona
Hmm, this part seems like something I have gone through and sometimes still go through, minus the mysticism.

As for finding my true self, yes I think I see this as one of my motivations.

They believe the depth of emotions can bring them closer to their true self, while because they are so centred inside, they feel lonely and misunderstood by the outside world. They fear not to find this true self withing themselves and because of that fear they need to hold on their idea of personal originality and unqiness.
The part about thinking emotional depth will bring me closer to my true self also resonates, however I'm not sure I do fear not being unique so much as I fear being inauthentic, which may again just be Fi.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I voted 4w3

You kinda hover around the outside of interactions compared to other people, like say prplchknz or skylights

So wait you're saying I'm a 4 as well? Sorry this is all I'm asking if I need more clarification I'll pm

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
So wait you're saying I'm a 4 as well? Sorry this is all I'm asking if I need more clarification I'll pm

No, I'm saying she's not a 6.