• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

LL's enneatype the sequel.

My type?

• 1w2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1w9

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w2

• 3w4

• 4w3

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • 4w5

• 5w4

• 5w6

• 6w5

• 7w6

• 7w8

• 8w7

• 8w9

• 9w1

• 9w8

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 6w7

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
L

LadyLazarus

You do question yourself, but it seems to me you question yourself because you want certitude(which confers peace to a six), not because you want self-insight.
You do make a good point, yes I would say I am questioning myself because I want to know for certain whether I am this or that.

I voted 4w3

You kinda hover around the outside of interactions compared to other people, like say prplchknz or skylights

Thank you for voting, yes I don't really like to be actively involved in most interactions, I mostly like to say what I have to say and then leave.

First, as I've said several other times, 6 is more about existential anxiety--everything that can go wrong will, and you should prepare yourself for it or defy it. Type 4 is more about feeling inherently flawed and seeking the answers to oneself through introspection. There is a tendency to identify oneself by one's feeling states. Type 8 is more about a constant state of war with the world.

Yeah I have never related to 6's existential anxiety, I don't usually think in such a manner.I do however do the 4 introspection thing, but again that could just be Fi. I do however, see myself as flawed, more so in some areas, like say; socially.

Hmm, I don't think I am at constant state of war with the world, more like I have my days.

I'd like to hear--in your own words--what you can/can't identify with about each type you're considering. Be as in depth as you'd like; tell stories as necessary.

Well, I suppose I'll begin with 6. I relate to 6's anxiety in that I despise uncertainty, I want a definite answer, when I don't get one straight away I lose it. For example, I'm a college freshman and as such, at my college I get the to pick from the bottom of the barrel, which of course means, having to go on the wait-list for a lot of classes. This stresses me out to no end, I don't like the uncertainty of not really knowing if I'll get in or having to think about it instead of just getting in and not having to fret over it any longer. I hate when things go undecided, making decisions does not cause me anxiety, leaving things open does.
I think in this form, I do seek security and most definitely seek certainty.

However, as I've mentioned, I don't relate to 6's existential anxiety, I don't usually assume the worst and I most certainly never prepare for it or anything for that matter. My parents both seem to be 6's, one is counter-phobic, the other phobic, they are both very naturally cautious and suspicious people. They both do the existential anxiety thing where they assume the worst and attempt to prepare for it. They say things like, "but what if you fall and die" or "we don't know him, we don't know the sort of person he is, we don't know what he'll do", they often verbalize something I see as horrible and unlikely scenarios. I never do this and it confounds me as to how they could see things in such a manner, I see it more as "that will never happen", I am a pretty suspicious person, more than I am a trusting person anyway, but I usually rely on the feelings or impressions people give me before deciding to see them as a threat, I don't do so preemptively in the way they seem to. I also do not think I disintegrate towards 3, integrate towards 9; maybe. I think I do relate to 6's fear of being without support as I do worry a lot about what I will do when my parents are no longer around or able to financially support me through the rest of college. I do not want to become responsible.

As for 4, I relate to what seems to be 4's tendency to turn what makes them different into what makes them special. As a kid, and sometimes still now, there have been so many things that have made me feel odd and freak-like. For one there is my over sensitivity to everything, I've always been a hyper-sensitive person, which has always made me feel very odd compared to others, everyone seems to have built up a callous against the world but me. Then there's my suspected social anxiety, it's mild but it does make me a little miserable, even though I know how to suppress it now. There's also the fact that I've always been a very quick learner which has more often than not resulted in my being at the top of my classes, which I found embarrassing and thus engaged in heavy self-sabotage throughout high school. In my early teens, I found all of these things to be curses, I tried my hardest to suppress and get rid of them all; I tried to hide hurt behind smiles, I tried to get rid of the "smart" image I seemed to carry by earning abysmal grades as well as ditching school everyday, and at that age I could not get past my SA, so I decided to act as if I were perfectly comfortable being alone and it didn't feel like everyone was staring at me. As I grew older, I began to understand that these things which made me weird also made me different from the rest, I began to like these things about myself, I began to accept them and now I enjoy emphasizing them. I also relate to 4's fear of having no identity, I want to have a fixed identity, something that's purely me, something that is recognizable, like a brand of sorts.

I do not relate to 4's desire to be unique so much as I relate to the desire to be authentic and fixed within my identity. That is to say, I don't want to be unique at the cost of my true self. I wish to find my essence for certain, to pin it down.

Last question, why do you rule out type 8? I seriously ruled it out as a core type for most of my life without giving it fair consideration, and at one point even became sure it wasn't my gut-fix at all. In retrospect, that was both unfair and foolish, and it caused me a lot of trouble.

I ruled out 8 mainly because out of my 3 fixes, I see it as the one I relate to the least, as well as the fact that 8's seem like they deny or repress their emotions in order to feel in control or strong. I see myself as doing the opposite. I feel one of their key motivations is to deny or resist weakness, while I prefer to indulge in weakness as it is a relief and I believe true strength comes from accepting one's weaknesses not denying their existence. In regards to my own weakness anyway, hypocritically enough, I find it hard to tolerate weakness in others.

Starry

I also relate to 4's fear of having no identity, I want to have a fixed identity, something that's purely me, something that is recognizable, like a brand of sorts.

I do not relate to 4's desire to be unique so much as I relate to the desire to be authentic and fixed within my identity. That is to say, I don't want to be unique at the cost of my true self. I wish to find my essence for certain, to pin it down.

9w8 sx/sp

^sorry, I still think this.
just thought I'd let you know nothing's changed haha.
hope you are well.

L

LadyLazarus

[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]

Aw still?

I guess I can see it from the identity thing.

However I don't think I want to merge with my partners in the way of sx9's. I don't relate at all to their core motivation either. Other than that...perhaps yes this is starting to make more sense. Or at least less no sense.

Especially after reading this:[Enneagram Type 9] Bliss Stream's New Descriptions for the 9w8 Stackings

Who knows if it's valid but it's been read and the sx/sp does fit in that they want to be real and are really open.

Hmm....

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

If you're a nine you won't be a truth teller anymore. *<|:'o(

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=20868]LadyLazarus[/MENTION]
IMHO:
I'm not as well-versed in the Enneagram as a lot of people here, but from what I know e9, even a more intense variety like 9w8 sx/sp, doesn't seem to fit you very well as a core type, to be honest. I could definitely see it as your gut fix though.

Starry

[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]

Aw still?

I guess I can see it from the identity thing.

However I don't think I want to merge with my partners in the way of sx9's. I don't relate at all to their core motivation either. Other than that...perhaps yes this is starting to make more sense. Or at least less no sense.

Especially after reading this:[Enneagram Type 9] Bliss Stream's New Descriptions for the 9w8 Stackings

Who knows if it's valid but it's been read and the sx/sp does fit in that they want to be real and is really open.

Hmm....

3-6-9

^most people have a grasp of how sx dominance alters...quite dramatically in many instances...how e6 presents itself in an individual. But it's rare to find a description that speaks to this same phenomenon for 3 and 9. I imagine this is merely due to the fact that it's not as pronounced of an alteration for the other two points...but from everything I've ever seen it exists just the same.

I see the 9w8 sx/sp as sort of a solitary wanderer in search of authenticity...and this seems to be a theme in so much of what you write of.

Whoops...hold on....

Starry

Umm...I was interrupted and now I forgot what it was I was going to say :(

Maybe just that sx turns 3-6-9 into the 'anti' or near opposite expression of what you would expect out of the type. Okay, no that's not what I was going to say... I'll see if I can remember.

L

LadyLazarus

[MENTION=20868]LadyLazarus[/MENTION]
IMHO:
I'm not as well-versed in the Enneagram as a lot of people here, but from what I know e9, even a more intense variety like 9w8 sx/sp, doesn't seem to fit you very well as a core type, to be honest. I could definitely see it as your gut fix though.
Yeah, I have a hard time seeing 9 as my core type too, I could really see it as my gut-fix if not 8w9, I actually did have it as my gut for a while.

I guess I could be a 9w8 with a really strong 8 wing or something of that nature, like a really weird conflict seeking 9.

Being one of the types in the 3,6,9 triad would explain why I'm kind of hard to pin down type-wise at first glance.

3-6-9

^most people have a grasp of how sx dominance alters...quite dramatically in many instances...how e6 presents itself in an individual. But it's rare to find a description that speaks to this same phenomenon for 3 and 9. I imagine this is merely due to the fact that it's not as pronounced of an alteration for the other two points...but from everything I've ever seen it exists just the same.

I see the 9w8 sx/sp as sort of a solitary wanderer in search of authenticity...and this seems to be a theme in so much of what you write of.

Whoops...hold on....

I see. That would explain why I don't relate to 9.

Hmm, I like the sound of that and I do agree that, that's kind of my theme.

Like I said, it would explain why I'm kind of hard to pin down type-wise as 9's tend to be that way.

Taking my instinctual variant into consideration, I suppose I could possibly see being a 9w8 with a particularly strong 8 wing. Like you said; an opposite 9.

L

LadyLazarus

@5 guests, sign up, it's free.

Highlander should pay me for this.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

368:

369:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
368:

369:

She seems like neither of these to me.

She seems like a 684 to me (possibly with core 4).

Starry

Yeah, I have a hard time seeing 9 as my core type too, I could really see it as my gut-fix if not 8w9, I actually did have it as my gut for a while.

I guess I could be a 9w8 with a really strong 8 wing or something of that nature, like a really weird conflict seeking 9.

Being one of the types in the 3,6,9 triad would explain why I'm kind of hard to pin down type-wise at first glance.

I see. That would explain why I don't relate to 9.

Hmm, I like the sound of that and I do agree that, that's kind of my theme.

Like I said, it would explain why I'm kind of hard to pin down type-wise as 9's tend to be that way.

Taking my instinctual variant into consideration, I suppose I could possibly see being a 9w8 with a particularly strong 8 wing. Like you said; an opposite 9.

I'm not asking you this directly (obviously haha...or it will be obvious to you as you are still in the process of pinning down what type feels right)... I'm just throwing this out to the world because I want to understand it so *much*

The 9w8 sx always registers to me or with me...and from what I gather with so many others as well...as being extraordinarily real, honest, down-to-earth, authentic, strong <-and yet I know this isn't necessarily the internal experience of it. And for whatever reason I find that baffling.

^But this is what I have always gotten from you.