• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Here goes again :P

Barakiel

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, sorta a new guy here, so I figured I'd try this out for myself. Here goes! :)
1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
Right now, it's relatively peaceful, but I had a period in my life where I refused to accept my own feelings, and just did my own thing, if that counts.

2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?
I prefer the first image, it is full of mystical wonder and it makes you want to learn more about it. It reminds me of an aurora, you're frozen at the natural beauty of it, you have no choice but to enjoy it.

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?
I'm more of an observer than anything else, never wanting to do anything too engaging. I'm the kind of person who likes to know that he's right, and if i'm not, to be convinced that I'm not. I love making school work and assignments more difficult by not starting it until the last week, or maybe I'm just lazy, haven't really decided yet. XD I dislike tradition and most structures, if only because people don't explain to me their purpose, and am usually seen as a solitary and reserved individual, but teasing and mocking to people I'm close to. I want my talents to be of use to other people, but not get too attached to them.

4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?
I want to be the type of person that's the center of the world, but has none of the disadvantages, because I see the world like that. The person I would not want to be is the one that has no impact on people or society, because having absolutely no impact is one of my fears, that my life would have been meaningless.

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?
People would mostly describe me as an inconsiderate, but fair person, who doesn't focus on anything concrete and is disorganized like you wouldn't believe, but when he applies himself, he's very good. This is all mostly true, except for the fact that people don't want to hear hard truths, so they usually think this with a negative connotation to it, when it really isn't. As for why, well, varies from person to person, but I think it's because I've said something to them that they weren't ready to hear, or was in a very harsh mood.

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.
Staying true to yourself and not putting on facades to please everyone (because I did that earlier in life and it didn't work out so well, which, ironically, is what one of my best friends does continuously :p ), talking to people to know more about them (mostly why I'll say things just for the hell of it and to see their reactions XD ) and doing what you think is fun (because that's the most important thing in life, least to me :p ).

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?
There have been several times this has happened, and usually, I try to seek an exit as soon as possible and regain my bearings. Usually when about to do public speaking, I freak the hell out, and almost run away, but I usually manage to convince the person in charge that I should do it by myself. It's never been a big issue, but compared to the other incidents in my life, it's certainly the strongest one.

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences
are welcome.
When blindsided with something, I either seek an extremely quick resolution with some pretty fast improvisation, or run away, though usually the former. It's mostly happened when I don't complete school assignments on time, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
My facial expressions are much more animated when I'm in this kind of situation, though I subscribe to the belief that everything good has to have an equally bad thing come RIGHT after. XD Anyway, usually, I'm out chatting to my friends about things that interest me, and also try to help them with stuff they have trouble with.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?
Me and socialization have a love-hate relationship, because, although I like one on one interaction VERY much, when it comes to group talks, my speech impediment kicks in, and I retreat into my shell. One-on-one interaction, to me, is a very enjoyable thing to do, as I can learn more about the other person, discuss theories and wild guessing, and usually have a lot of fun. And then there's the other end of the spectrum, group talks. :p Maybe it's just me, but heavy group talkers always seem to accentuate their words and stories, and try too hard to appeal to the crowd, which, I can understand, but it's just not me.

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?
Mostly, I'm apathetic to things like tradition, social niceties, and customs, but I do follow them on occasion. However, I also question them a lot, which makes most people angry, so there's that too. People as a whole, I believe, are mostly selfish, which is why it's so amazing when people do something not for themselves, and selfless. However, I always question why they do that, if not to gain something from it.

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?
Authority, to me at least, is only good when people explain to you WHY they want you to do what they're asking. Authority is sometimes an enemy to be outwitted, but other times, it can be a guiding force for innovation and creativity. Usually, I deal with authority in a blunt matter, as I don't care what they're talking about unless they give me REASONS as to why I should follow them.

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?
Most people would say that I am very chaotic and erratic, however, I usually am the calm in the storm, when everything is raging around, I keep an open mind. My whole mind is organized into categories, and, although it takes some work, I can dive and pick out facts to use in arguments. Order and chaos have a lot of assumptions tasked to them, as people usually go to the extremes of one or the other. I usually keep my entire day ordered in a tight fashion, but also like switching details around and seeing how the ripple effect works.

14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?
My fears are mostly revolving around my desire not to be unimportant, and let my life slip away without any meaning to it. However, contrary to others, I can't accept religion as an outlet, because I believe it's a really big cop out. It basically influences most of my day to day actions, as I try to understand people to connect to them and make an impact in their lives.

15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?
I desire, as aforementioned, to be acknowledged and accepted for who I am, as well as to have some meaning in life. I believe this stems from being the first child of a single mother, who craves attention, and was bullied enough to remove most self-worth.

16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a) Planning out and acting things that have nothing to do with reality, being by myself, and having to construct an argument from scratch.
b) Tedious work, physical exercise, and public speaking in front of huge audiences.

17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.
I feel that it's something useful to know, and I want to attach some meaning to life. Well, here are the Keys2Cognition results:
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************** (26.5)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************* (19.2)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************ (36.5)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************* (37.5)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************* (37.7)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************ (36.7)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***************** (17)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************** (28.3)
average use

18. Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you?
I'm an 18 year old in high school, and have gone through several typings, with little success.

Jinn

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Hi Barakiel.

Looks like you are ENTP.

Barakiel

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hi Barakiel.

Looks like you are ENTP.

Well, uh, thanks, but mind if I asked how you deduced that? Sorry if I'm out of line, but I just want to follow your train of thought, so to speak. :p

Jinn

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Well I am not any expert. I will use short exemples.
N - first, your picture description;
later:
- "Planning out and acting things that have nothing to do with reality"
- "I'm apathetic to things like tradition, social niceties, and customs, but I do follow them on occasion." I think it's N.

T - usually you write why you do something and less about emotions
-" I want my talents to be of use to other people, but not get too attached to them.
-" but mind if I asked how you deduced that?"
P -
- " I love making school work and assignments more difficult by not starting it until the last week, or maybe I'm just lazy, haven't really decided yet. "
- "disorganized like you wouldn't believe"
E
You seems extrovert :D

I tried to show this as simply as possible.