• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type help, again

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Guys, what do you think about ENFJ? I also identify with the description, more so than the ESFJ. I am very creative and I adore theory. I read again the things I wrote yesterday and I agree with most of them but I think being impressive to others is more of being nice and intelligent, less social status. Hmm?? ENFJ possibly?

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Guys, what do you think about ENFJ? I also identify with the description, more so than the ESFJ. I am very creative and I adore theory. I read again the things I wrote yesterday and I agree with most of them but I think being impressive to others is more of being nice and intelligent, less social status. Hmm?? ENFJ possibly?

would you consider yourself a big-picture thinker, or do you tend to focus on where you are, your surroundings/situation, the tasks at hand, etc.?

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
would you consider yourself a big-picture thinker, or do you tend to focus on where you are, your surroundings/situation, the tasks at hand, etc.?
Big thinker, and I live in the future most definitely.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Big thinker, and I live in the future most definitely.

FWIW I think [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] (self-appointed forum ESTJ) once said that Si/Ne users tend to live more in the past/future than Ni/Se users. It was just an observation, but an interesting one. :yes:

I definitely think you're a "get-things-going" type. If you're sure you're not ESFP or ENFP, then the only two options left would be ENTP and ESFJ. And then the conundrum starts again!

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
FWIW I think [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] (self-appointed forum ESTJ) once said that Si/Ne users tend to live more in the past/future than Ni/Se users. It was just an observation, but an interesting one. :yes:

I definitely think you're a "get-things-going" type. If you're sure you're not ESFP or ENFP, then the only two options left would be ENTP and ESFJ. And then the conundrum starts again!

Haha, well played. I always like to daydream about the future, but I do it practically- I think about the best realistic possibility, ha. I'm very imaginative and artistic, but I'm super uptight and controlive. I'm very friendly, warm and nice but I still need my space sometimes and I choose my friends carefully. I don't know if it helps, but my hobbies are drawing (and I'm really really talented), piano, badminton, and writing. And I have a clever and mean sense oh humor, though no harm is made. I know I'm not introvert, and I'm not SP. That leaves ESTJ, ESFJ, ENFJ, ENTJ, ENTP, ENFP. And I don't really see ENFP. I don't even know anymore, because I'm super imaginative and creative but I'm also practical and realistic? By the way, my 4 temperaments type is Choleric.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Reporting for duty! *salutes*

Yes I would definitely say that NFJs and NTJs have the capacity to be "in the moment" -- be it through awareness of their own physical presence/needs, or mindfulness re: their environment etc. Ability to think and do Se things at the same time, without messing up the Se things. :laugh: Whereas I am really Se-deficient, and probably spend 99% of my time either thinking about what my future plans are, what I should be doing 5-10 minutes from now, later in the day, etc, OR I'm thinking about how things HAVE been done, previously, in the immediate or distant past. I'm not thinking about 5000 years in the future, like the NTPs I know, but I'm also not sitting there and smelling the flowers and listening to the birds, like the NFJs I know.

Haven't read this thread all the way through yet, but I'll post more thoughts when I do. :)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ok I looked through the thread and I DEFINITELY agree on either ESFJ or ENTP. You radiate Ne and Fe.

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Ok I looked through the thread and I DEFINITELY agree on either ESFJ or ENTP. You radiate Ne and Fe.
Haha, thank you for your opinoin!
I also did this:
Extroversion |||||||||||||||||| 78%
Orderliness |||||||||||||||| 68%
Emotional Stability |||||||||||| 46%
Accommodation |||||||||||||||| 66%
Inquisitiveness |||||||||||||||| 70%

The Big Five is currently the most accepted personality model in the scientific community. The Big Five emerged from the work of multiple independent scientists/researchers starting in the 1950s who using different techniques obtained similar results. Those results were that there are five distinct personality traits/dimensions. Here are your results on each dimension:

Extroversion results were high which suggests you are overly talkative, outgoing, sociable and interacting at the expense too often of developing your own individual interests and internally based identity.

Orderliness results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly organized, neat, structured and restrained at the expense too often of flexibility, variety, spontaneity, and fun.

Emotional Stability results were medium which suggests you average somewhere in between being calm and resilient and being anxious and reactive.

Accommodation results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly kind natured, trusting, and helpful at the expense of your own individual development (martyr complex).

Inquisitiveness results were high which suggests you are very intellectual, curious, imaginative but possibly not very practical.
Your Global5/SLOAN type is SLOAI
Your Primary type is Social

So yeah haha why not

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Status is a BS term -- I have a 3 trifix and am an SJ and couldn't care less about status. I do, however, care about being respected and admired for what I do well.

Also, be wary of N bias -- you can think creatively and abstractly and still be a Sensor.

Edit: Also, the Big Five doesn't 100% correlate with MBTI. For example my Big Five type is supposedly more associated with ENTJ, but I'm DEFINITELY not an ENTJ.

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Status is a BS term -- I have a 3 trifix and am an SJ and couldn't care less about status. I do, however, care about being respected and admired for what I do well.

Also, be wary of N bias -- you can think creatively and abstractly and still be a Sensor.

Edit: Also, the Big Five doesn't 100% correlate with MBTI. For example my Big Five type is supposedly more associated with ENTJ, but I'm DEFINITELY not an ENTJ.

I can very relate to that. If I'm not respected I can get very hurt. Though I was sure ESTJ was closer than ESFJ, if I'm an SJ.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I can very relate to that. If I'm not respected I can get very hurt. Though I was sure ESTJ was closer than ESFJ, if I'm an SJ.
:yes:

I don't see much, if any, Te/Fi in you, but these last few posts have made me lean more ESFJ.

p.s. Out of curiosity, what were the parts of the ENFJ description that you related most to?

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
What do you mean?

That I can relate to both ENFJ and ESFJ at some level.

:yes:

I don't see much, if any, Te/Fi in you, but these last few posts have made me lean more ESFJ.

p.s. Out of curiosity, what were the parts of the ENFJ description that you related most to?

I've read the strengths and weaknesses of ENFJ, and I relate to this:

Very charismatic. ENFJ personalities are charming and popular. They instinctively know how to attract and keep people’s attention, as well as communicate with them effectively.
Altruistic. ENFJs are warm and selfless, always willing to help other people. They are idealists, motivated by the idea of doing something good for the world.
Skilled imitators. ENFJs find it very easy to notice what drives, motivates, and worries other people, and they are instinctively able to adjust their own manners and arguments accordingly.
Natural leaders. ENFJ personalities do not seek to dominate or direct, but people are attracted to their charisma and eloquence. Not surprisingly, ENFJs usually end up being very popular and rarely have any difficulties getting to leadership positions.
Tolerant. People with this personality type tend to be open-minded and accepting, willing to consider competing ideas as long as they do not contradict their inner principles. ENFJs can easily get along with most other types.
Reliable. ENFJs work hard for causes they consider important. If their role excites and motivates them, an ENFJ can be very patient and reliable.

ENFJ weaknesses

Sometimes too selfless. ENFJs may often take on too much work or get deeply involved in other people’s problems, trying too hard to not offend or disappoint anybody.
Very idealistic. People with this personality type can often be too idealistic or even naïve, believing that everyone is good-natured and cares about principles that are important to the ENFJ.
Often too sensitive. Deep down, ENFJs are sensitive and emotional individuals who can get hurt and disappointed very easily. They may also worry too much about other people’s feelings and well-being.
Vulnerable to criticism (kinda...). ENFJ personalities have a strong inner core of principles and values, and they can get very hurt if someone criticizes them. ENFJs may also have difficulties reacting calmly to general criticism and negativity.
May find it difficult to make tough decisions. Due to their altruism and sensitivity, ENFJs are likely to struggle with decisions involving hard choices. They may waver between different options, unable to stop thinking about all the possible consequences.
Highly fluctuating self-esteem. An ENFJ’s self-esteem depends on whether they are able to live up to their ideals and fulfill their goals, while at the same time making sure that everyone around them is happy. If the ENFJ’s ideas are being constantly criticized or they are unable to help people close to them, their self-confidence is likely to plummet.

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Okay, so you guys are saying ESFJ or ENTP (though I think EXTJ also have a really good shot here...)?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Okay, so you guys are saying ESFJ or ENTP (though I think EXTJ also have a really good shot here...)?
Why? I still don't really see you as Te-dom.

I could see you being a T, but it's worth noting/re-iterating the fact that being "logical" is pretty much unrelated to type. My best friend, for example, I trust to give me fairly detached and logical advice whenever I need it/whenever I can't clear out the personal bias -- someone to cut the bullshit and get right to the logical point of things. And she's an ENFP.

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Why? I still don't really see you as Te-dom.

I could see you being a T, but it's worth noting/re-iterating the fact that being "logical" is pretty much unrelated to type. My best friend, for example, I trust to give me fairly detached and logical advice whenever I need it/whenever I can't clear out the personal bias -- someone to cut the bullshit and get right to the logical point of things. And she's an ENFP.

People say I'm more logical than emtional. I don't really pay emotions a second thought. I actually thought about my typing with a friend and she said EXTX, probably ENTX, but then again she doesn't understand MBTI so well like we do. Being a Ti or a Te, both works for me.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think your official MBTI type is LanaBanana. It's a new one. #17