• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I am Jack's confused soul

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
I've observed that personal descriptions tend to be more successful than questionnaires in eliciting replies (probably because of the pedestrian nature of questionnaires) but since my level of indolence is off the charts... I'll just stick with a questionnaire for the time being. At least it will help kick-start the process. I think I'm pretty sure I have Ti-Fe instead of Te-Fi, by the way. Of course, my reasoning might be flawed which is why I'm resorting to this in the first place. Alas, my beguiling mind is not exactly a reliable judge.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

Not at all. Perhaps laziness? But then again, laziness might compel me to reflect and introspect more.
I'm a seventeen year old male. I'm lazy but healthy.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/39638504@N07/14167107562/in/explore-2014-05-12
It seems to me as if the little flower is being berated or chastised unanimously by a society of like-minded bigots. I'm not exactly sure why I think the society consists of bigots. Perhaps that's because bigots often tend to cooperate with their narrow-minded companions in order to bolster their fallacious views on life. They need external validation because that's what bigots are. External validation. They absorb the views of society. I can understand but not necessarily appreciate a bigot whose viewpoints were shared by personal experience because at least they're authentic. There's also the symbolism of the road. The little flower is walking down its own path. But it can only walk in a single direction because it's restricted by society, and maybe the powers that be AKA authority.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

My initial thoughts? Depends on a lot of factors. Was I listening to music? Was I staring at the world outside? Was I introspecting? Was I talking to my friends? Was I sleeping? Was I thinking about the concert in anticipation? My initial thoughts would vary. For example, if I was listening to music, I wouldn't be perturbed. If I was thinking about the concert, I would definitely be annoyed. If I was talking to my friends and the discussion was interesting, I wouldn't mind at all.
At some point, I'll begin to do some quick calculations in my head, taking into account the time on the watch, the time remaining for the concert to begin, the assumed time it would take for the car to repair, the assumed speed of the car and the distance to the concert and find out if I would be able to arrive at the concert in time. Of course, there's also the possibility that I might just continue talking to my friends or listening to music in which case, I might even welcome the pause, particularly if I was reluctantly going to the concert, which is another scenario to consider because then I might actually rejoice at the break down of the car. There are so many variables and contingencies here.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

This again depends on multiple scenarios, particularly my mood and the atmosphere of the party. Do I even know the driver that well? My actions are not predetermined and static, so I frankly don't know. I'm actually quite changeable. I've been known to switch sides during debates and arguments faster than Miley Cyrus flicks her tongue. I read an article, process the information and maybe agree with the author if only for the sake of getting useful information, read the following comments and then agree with the contradictory arguments to the article if it sounds logical. What's next, I suddenly become exceptionally aware of the article's flaws and inconsistencies that were not visible in my initial perusal. Both the article and the comment seem right in their own way. And yet, there is a contradiction. Why did my mind change so swiftly and significantly? I don't even understand what my stance on the matter is. Small wonder I'm so indecisive. I find it hard to take sides. But when I do take sides, well... I change soon. That's why I'm not fond of For and Against debates.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

My inward reaction would be variable, giving a specific answer would only promote inaccuracy. I would question him, of course. I would ask him to explain his claim. Or, I might remain silent, lost in my thoughts, perhaps absorbing my experience at the concert. Which reminds me, have I already attended the party? I suppose I have, since I'm going back with the driver, and I don't consider myself assertive enough to have convinced him and a few more individuals to accompany me, especially if the driver wanted to attend the party. But then again, maybe I used the Geass on him. Alright, I digress.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

Research. What else should I do? Shake in disbelief? Cry? Maybe, but I'm not that emotional. I would certainly be a little inconvenienced.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Dunno. I don't think I have values. I used to be an ass about things like cheating, swearing and stuff as a child because of my parents, though. And yes, I deliberately used a swear word to demonstrate that I'm not afraid to swear anymore. Of course, I realize the importance of values. It's funny how values and emotions are differentiated here. Emotions may compel a vengeful person to kill someone and not mind doing so. But then, what if that person also had values? Like Batman. His values entailed that he does not kill. But his emotions are also important and they're telling him to go against his values. So, what does he do in the end? Emotions, or values? Or logic? Maybe logic will tell him that killing someone would make things messy and attract trouble with the authorities (I'm talking about pure logic here, logic does not make someone a sociopath). Interesting.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
I'm compelled to repress my inner thought process because I find it quite difficult to verbalize whatever crazy stuff goes in my mind. Besides, it's a waste of time. The conclusion's here. You can ask about the process later.
I repress much when it comes to outward behavior because of my social anxiety. Often, especially in social circumstances, I get the weird feeling that the whole world is watching me and as a result, I become hypersensitive, embarrassed to make even a single wrong move. I become aware of every single detail about my appearance that could attract negative attention. I don't know why this happens. It sucks.

I'll answer the last four questions soon.

Props to those who got the Fight Club reference, by the way. You are awesome.
Wow, I'm a Senior Member?

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
Anyone? I am Jack's anxious ball of curiosity. Disregard my signature, by the way.
By the way, here's an eccentricity of mine. I never really know what my opinion is. I just... perceive. For example, I was recently reading a Youtube argument and I kept going back and forth between both the sides of the argument, even if they were contradictory. I didn't even know what my opinion on the matter was. I was just watching, like a spectator.

Alea_iacta_est

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/39638504@N07/14167107562/in/explore-2014-05-12
It seems to me as if the little flower is being berated or chastised unanimously by a society of like-minded bigots. I'm not exactly sure why I think the society consists of bigots. Perhaps that's because bigots often tend to cooperate with their narrow-minded companions in order to bolster their fallacious views on life. They need external validation because that's what bigots are. External validation. They absorb the views of society. I can understand but not necessarily appreciate a bigot whose viewpoints were shared by personal experience because at least they're authentic. There's also the symbolism of the road. The little flower is walking down its own path. But it can only walk in a single direction because it's restricted by society, and maybe the powers that be AKA authority.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

My initial thoughts? Depends on a lot of factors. Was I listening to music? Was I staring at the world outside? Was I introspecting? Was I talking to my friends? Was I sleeping? Was I thinking about the concert in anticipation? My initial thoughts would vary. For example, if I was listening to music, I wouldn't be perturbed. If I was thinking about the concert, I would definitely be annoyed. If I was talking to my friends and the discussion was interesting, I wouldn't mind at all.
At some point, I'll begin to do some quick calculations in my head, taking into account the time on the watch, the time remaining for the concert to begin, the assumed time it would take for the car to repair, the assumed speed of the car and the distance to the concert and find out if I would be able to arrive at the concert in time. Of course, there's also the possibility that I might just continue talking to my friends or listening to music in which case, I might even welcome the pause, particularly if I was reluctantly going to the concert, which is another scenario to consider because then I might actually rejoice at the break down of the car. There are so many variables and contingencies here*.

Congrats, you're an Ni-valuer.

Gulenko would also be proud to see his 'if then else' style thinking for Dialectical-Algorithmic laid out so clearly.

Although Number 6 would be indicative of rather weak Fi (possibly Trickster/PoLR), your analysis of the flower is more inclined to show animosity to Fe.

* The amateur might confuse this with Ne, but this is regarding the external environment and is thus indicative of a dynamic function (the environment is too chaotic to predict) and juxtaposes the hypothetical nature of Ne, which postulates possibilities under ideal circumstances, whereas the probability-orientation of Ni is inclined to take note of the dynamic variables in the environment and recognize the not-ideal circumstances and thus be able to somewhat account for them.

Probably INTJ. We should start a club for all of the ambiverted INTJs that have thought they were xNTPs at one point or another.

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4

Gulenko would also be proud to see his 'if then else' style thinking for Dialectical-Algorithmic laid out so clearly.

Although Number 6 would be indicative of rather weak Fi (possibly Trickster/PoLR), your analysis of the flower is more inclined to show animosity to Fe.

* The amateur might confuse this with Ne, but this is regarding the external environment and is thus indicative of a dynamic function (the environment is too chaotic to predict) and juxtaposes the hypothetical nature of Ne, which postulates possibilities under ideal circumstances, whereas the probability-orientation of Ni is inclined to take note of the dynamic variables in the environment and recognize the not-ideal circumstances and thus be able to somewhat account for them.

Probably INTJ. We should start a club for all of the ambiverted INTJs that have thought they were xNTPs at one point or another.

Hmmm, interesting. I'm most curious about Se as an inferior function. How does it manifest in one's thought process? And yes, I always thought there was something wrong with Ne. It never seemed to fit altogether. I was more inclined towards Ni, but then I realized I must have Ne because I was under the fallacious assumption that I was also an Si user. Fallacy in my tendency to associate Si with nostalgia and recollection of past experiences. I'm prone to hyper-analyzing my past, going to the extent as to assign ratings to the years and comparing months. For some reason, it's a delightful mental exercise. I often used it to search for trends and predict my future. I even came up with an elaborate theory concerning this.

Alea_iacta_est

Hmmm, interesting. I'm most curious about Se as an inferior function. How does it manifest in one's thought process?

Inferiority complex surrounding the perception of the physical world and interacting with the physical world, often leading to negativist forecasting of simple, everyday things like "I don't want to drive to [insert unknown place here], the road signs will probably be confusing and I'll get lost and it'll be terrible...".

Inferior Se, as an unconscious function, will often cause Ni users to subconsciously assert themselves and their presence, and under stress and negatively expressed, this is magnified exponentially. There is a desire to live in the moment and do things without planning/thinking about it, but it seems rather scary at the same time due to how reckless it would be to not contingency plan and predict. When Se is expressed incredibly negatively, you get an INTJ like Walter White from Breaking Bad, who becomes avaricious, domineering, cutthroat, and focused on material wealth while simultaneously justifying his darkened Se with Fi (I'm doing this so that my family can be provided for, I'm doing this because I have to, etc.), Ni and Te become enslaved by Se's ambition and Fi's justification.

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
Inferiority complex surrounding the perception of the physical world and interacting with the physical world, often leading to negativist forecasting of simple, everyday things like "I don't want to drive to [insert unknown place here], the road signs will probably be confusing and I'll get lost and it'll be terrible...".

Inferior Se, as an unconscious function, will often cause Ni users to subconsciously assert themselves and their presence, and under stress and negatively expressed, this is magnified exponentially. There is a desire to live in the moment and do things without planning/thinking about it, but it seems rather scary at the same time due to how reckless it would be to not contingency plan and predict. When Se is expressed incredibly negatively, you get an INTJ like Walter White from Breaking Bad, who becomes avaricious, domineering, cutthroat, and focused on material wealth while simultaneously justifying his darkened Se with Fi (I'm doing this so that my family can be provided for, I'm doing this because I have to, etc.).

Hmmm... I can relate. Is inferior Se also in pertinence with over-indulgence? I've observed that in times of stress, I tend to acquire a devil-may-care mindset where I'm only concerned about having fun in the immediate present and I lose track of time. For example, one day before an exam I didn't study for, I might waste the entire day browsing the internet, and not for knowledge. As a matter of fact, I often look towards materialistic pleasures to distract me from stress, which can eventually aggravate it. It's a vicious cycle.

Alea_iacta_est

Hmmm... I can relate. Is inferior Se also in pertinence with over-indulgence? I've observed that in times of stress, I tend to acquire a devil-may-care mindset where I'm only concerned about having fun in the immediate present and I lose track of time. For example, one day before an exam I didn't study for, I might waste the entire day browsing the internet, and not for knowledge. As a matter of fact, I often look towards materialistic pleasures to distract me from stress, which can eventually aggravate it. It's a vicious cycle.

Indulgence and/or Overindulgence/Underindulgence is more in the department of Introverted Sensation, but inferior Se can manifest itself through either the unconscious need to be solving/doing something and/or finishing work, but this doesn't always happen because (and transition to Socionics) the INTp is a relatively inactive, sluggish type due to the melancholic Ip temperament, and thus relies on Se to act as the Dual-Seeking function, which means that it attempts to drawn in the Se lead ESFp dual to help motivate (properly) the INTp to assert themselves and do things/finsih things and/or help the INTp with Se related matters. There can be an unconscious sense of needing to do something, however, even if the Se-inferior/DS type doesn't necessarily always do it.

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
Indulgence and/or Overindulgence/Underindulgence is more in the department of Introverted Sensation, but inferior Se can manifest itself through either the unconscious need to be solving/doing something and/or finishing work, but this doesn't always happen because (and transition to Socionics) the INTp is a relatively inactive, sluggish type due to the melancholic Ip temperament, and thus relies on Se to act as the Dual-Seeking function, which means that it attempts to drawn in the Se lead ESFp dual to help motivate (properly) the INTp to assert themselves and do things/finsih things and/or help the INTp with Se related matters. There can be an unconscious sense of needing to do something, however, even if the Se-inferior/DS type doesn't necessarily always do it.

What are your thoughts on my experience with what I perceived to be Si?

I completely relate to that. Combined with my perilous propensity for procrastination, it would be a horrible predicament. And yes, I seem to recall becoming more assertive and blunt during such times of stress, often to the displeasure of my family who reprimanded me for being rude. They would also be astonished because usually I'm a laid-back and composed person.

Alea_iacta_est

What are your thoughts on my experience with what I perceived to be Si?

Well, Si is nostalgia and recollection of past experiences, but Ni is too. The difference lies in that Si relives the past for the past's sake, and often attempts to incorporate the past into the present, but Ni hyper-analyzes the past for meaning, often skirting details to get the essence of a memory rather than engaging the past for its own sake, attempting to use that meaning to predict the future.

Another thing that distinguishes Si valuing types from Ni valuing types is the association of memories with objects in the present. Lead Ni types like myself are completely baffled by the attachment of memories to objects, instead focusing on the mechanical use of the object (Se > Si). Si valuing types would be the creators of memorabilia, they actively attach themselves to objects in the environment by associating memories with them, such as a long lost relative with a necklace, etc.

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
Well, Si is nostalgia and recollection of past experiences, but Ni is too. The difference lies in that Si relives the past for the past's sake, and often attempts to incorporate the past into the present, but Ni hyper-analyzes the past for meaning, often skirting details to get the essence of a memory rather than engaging the past for its own sake, attempting to use that meaning to predict the future.

Another thing that distinguishes Si valuing types from Ni valuing types is the association of memories with objects in the present. Lead Ni types like myself are completely baffled by the attachment of memories to objects, instead focusing on the mechanical use of the object (Se > Si). Si valuing types would be the creators of memorabilia, they actively attach themselves to objects in the environment by associating memories with them, such as a long lost relative with a necklace, etc.

I think I am somewhat guilty of attaching sentiment to objects. A few years ago, my house underwent a renovation where all the furniture was to be replaced. I remember feeling quite despondent. I felt as if I was losing a part of my identity. I did not normally care about those objects, indeed they were usually invisible to me. Physical objects often are invisible to me, as a matter of fact. Maybe that's why I frequently bump into them. But when the time came for them to be taken away, I was displeased. It's comparable to the scene from Fight Club where the narrator laments over having his apartment burned. Perhaps it's just the "you don't know what you have until it's gone" instance. But yeah, I don't think I attach specific memories to objects. If anything, I just see an object and realize how long it's been in my possession and how I came to possess it. Sometimes, I'm not even sure how those objects came into my possession in the first place.

What makes you think that I'm an INTJ instead of INFJ, by the way? What's the difference between Te and Ti in this regard?

ILI might feel some irregularity in their own body and not realize its significance to the overall functioning of the body. An ILI will often try to determine the consequence of such symptoms through their own understanding of anatomy (or 'google it'), often blowing things out of proportion. An ILI's sense of self doubt may lead to such assumptions as the presence of a brain tumor as the result of a mere headache. In contrast to valuing types, ILIs are significantly less adept at making adjustments to their lifestyle to correct these minor ailments.

Guilty as charged. In fact, the brain tumor example has happened to me on many occasions.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

* The amateur might confuse this with Ne,

The "amateur" might also take one or two sentences out of context of the rest of the post and base everything on those. See above.

Geonat

I think I am somewhat guilty of attaching sentiment to objects. A few years ago, my house underwent a renovation where all the furniture was to be replaced. I remember feeling quite despondent. I felt as if I was losing a part of my identity. I did not normally care about those objects, indeed they were usually invisible to me. Physical objects often are invisible to me, as a matter of fact. Maybe that's why I frequently bump into them. But when the time came for them to be taken away, I was displeased. It's comparable to the scene from Fight Club where the narrator laments over having his apartment burned. Perhaps it's just the "you don't know what you have until it's gone" instance.

This might be interesting reading for you:
http://typeindepth.com/2011/12/fight-club-functions/

Alea_iacta_est

The "amateur" might also take one or two sentences out of context of the rest of the post and base everything on those. See above.

Perhaps those sentences were the most notable, besides, of course, the swiveling of opinion as seen in the article example, which indicates a preference for Te due to the primary acceptance of the initial argument without critically analyzing the article until the counterargument is poised by the commentators. Also, the inability to understand why his mind changes so quickly indicates that the introverted logical function is an unconscious process, in the demonstrative position due to its subsequent effect on the nature of the individual while seemingly remaining out of the calculations of the conscious mind. The other function that would cause this would be the introverted ethical function, which isn't applicable to the presented situation. Also, before the third question's derailment caused by the individual's need to work in the information and reminisce on indecision, (characterizing the irrational type) we see that, in this question, the individual attempts to predict the 'atmosphere' of the party and assess his own mood to make a decision about whether or not he would want to go to the after-party, appealing to the dynamism of the introverted intuition function rather than the entrepreneurial assessment of the extroverted intuition function, which would attempt to provide what could possibly happen at the party that could be of entertainment value or any other form of objective value, instead of appealing to what the after-party probably will be, like the introverted intuition function would.

Question number 6, as well, is an interesting answer, due primarily to the fact that the apparent absence of values would serve to prove that either the introverted ethics function would be the individual's PoLR (and thus making him an ENTp) or one of the unconscious functions in a person's mental block (in the JCF model's case, the inevitable, conscious tertiary function, thus making him an INTp). Further down the answer, however, we find the rumination of basing decisions on ethics or logic with the perfect vehicle of Batman. Assuming that the individual relates to Batman's situation due to the fact that he mentioned him, the values associated with introverted ethics, are then reinforced by extroverted thinking (extroverted logic due to the practicality of the logic and its subsequent entrepreneurial dynamism), meaning that the values made unconsciously with introverted ethics are justified/defended consciously by the rationalization of the extroverted logical function, meaning that the unconscious values produced by introverted ethics are followed by the conscious rationalization of extroverted thinking, an axis*. This, of course, assumes that the individual mentioned batman due to personal resonance, which could still be off-base.

Of course, there is much more evidence that can be drawn, but due to the fact that I'm extremely lazy, I went with the more easily explainable analyses of answers that were, surprisingly, not taken out of context, in an effort to save time.

*Though I will waste time in explaining this magnificent concept, which Socionics has beautifully laid out. Take the INTp, for example, with the two axes of Te Creative and Fi Mobilizing, and Ti Demonstrative and Fe Vulnerable. In the first axis, the unconscious function produces values, and the conscious function rationally produces explanations for holding those values that may or may not align with the value (as mentioned in the batman case above); in the second axis, however, the demonstrative, unconscious function of Ti provides rational answers for failures in the Vulnerable PoLR function without the help of the conscious mind, due to the fact that the Vulnerable function is the conscious function in this axis. The Fe PoLR, in this case, is analyzed logically by Ti Demonstrative to explain the shortcomings of the vulnerable function. Fascinating, isn't it?

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4

That was an interesting read. Thanks for your assistance.

Perhaps those sentences were the most notable, besides, of course, the swiveling of opinion as seen in the article example, which indicates a preference for Te due to the primary acceptance of the initial argument without critically analyzing the article until the counterargument is poised by the commentators. Also, the inability to understand why his mind changes so quickly indicates that the introverted logical function is an unconscious process, in the demonstrative position due to its subsequent effect on the nature of the individual while seemingly remaining out of the calculations of the conscious mind. The other function that would cause this would be the introverted ethical function, which isn't applicable to the presented situation. Also, before the third question's derailment caused by the individual's need to work in the information and reminisce on indecision, (characterizing the irrational type) we see that, in this question, the individual attempts to predict the 'atmosphere' of the party and assess his own mood to make a decision about whether or not he would want to go to the after-party, appealing to the dynamism of the introverted intuition function rather than the entrepreneurial assessment of the extroverted intuition function, which would attempt to provide what could possibly happen at the party that could be of entertainment value or any other form of objective value, instead of appealing to what the after-party probably will be, like the introverted intuition function would.

Question number 6, as well, is an interesting answer, due primarily to the fact that the apparent absence of values would serve to prove that either the introverted ethics function would be the individual's PoLR (and thus making him an ENTp) or one of the unconscious functions in a person's mental block (in the JCF model's case, the inevitable, conscious tertiary function, thus making him an INTp). Further down the answer, however, we find the rumination of basing decisions on ethics or logic with the perfect vehicle of Batman. Assuming that the individual relates to Batman's situation due to the fact that he mentioned him, the values associated with introverted ethics, are then reinforced by extroverted thinking (extroverted logic due to the practicality of the logic and its subsequent entrepreneurial dynamism), meaning that the values made unconsciously with introverted ethics are justified/defended consciously by the rationalization of the extroverted logical function, meaning that the unconscious values produced by introverted ethics are followed by the conscious rationalization of extroverted thinking, an axis*. This, of course, assumes that the individual mentioned batman due to personal resonance, which could still be off-base.

Of course, there is much more evidence that can be drawn, but due to the fact that I'm extremely lazy, I went with the more easily explainable analyses of answers that were, surprisingly, not taken out of context, in an effort to save time.

*Though I will waste time in explaining this magnificent concept, which Socionics has beautifully laid out. Take the INTp, for example, with the two axes of Te Creative and Fi Mobilizing, and Ti Demonstrative and Fe Vulnerable. In the first axis, the unconscious function produces values, and the conscious function rationally produces explanations for holding those values that may or may not align with the value (as mentioned in the batman case above); in the second axis, however, the demonstrative, unconscious function of Ti provides rational answers for failures in the Vulnerable PoLR function without the help of the conscious mind, due to the fact that the Vulnerable function is the conscious function in this axis. The Fe PoLR, in this case, is analyzed logically by Ti Demonstrative to explain the shortcomings of the vulnerable function. Fascinating, isn't it?

That was an informative analysis. I've been researching about Socionics lately and discovered the theory of sub-types. Which ILI subtype would you say I am? Incidentally, just for added clarification, can you tell me about the discrepancies between Te and Ti? And also Fe and Fi, for that matter.

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anyone? I am Jack's anxious ball of curiosity. Disregard my signature, by the way.

Lovely wording so you're not going to escape my opinion! :D

Tho, I wish you hadn't mentioned your sig because I didn't notice it until then :alttongue:

By the way, here's an eccentricity of mine. I never really know what my opinion is. I just... perceive. For example, I was recently reading a Youtube argument and I kept going back and forth between both the sides of the argument, even if they were contradictory. I didn't even know what my opinion on the matter was. I was just watching, like a spectator.

Would you be happier if you did reach a decision on the matter eventually? I'm asking because of socionics.

In MBTI, this is something with strong Ne, but not sure about socionics.

Hmmm, interesting. I'm most curious about Se as an inferior function. How does it manifest in one's thought process? And yes, I always thought there was something wrong with Ne. It never seemed to fit altogether. I was more inclined towards Ni, but then I realized I must have Ne because I was under the fallacious assumption that I was also an Si user. Fallacy in my tendency to associate Si with nostalgia and recollection of past experiences. I'm prone to hyper-analyzing my past, going to the extent as to assign ratings to the years and comparing months. For some reason, it's a delightful mental exercise. I often used it to search for trends and predict my future. I even came up with an elaborate theory concerning this.

Mind me asking what you mean by assigning ratings to years? According to what criteria? I ask because I do the same :shock:

I didn't really ever want to relate that idiosyncrasy of mine to any function though :laugh:

If you want, feel free to associate nostalgia with Si in MBTI but in socionics nostalgia is something else. :shrug:

As a matter of fact, I often look towards materialistic pleasures to distract me

I wouldn't assign this tidbit of info to one specific function or function position. I've done the same before to crazy extremes and I don't have Se-inferior.

Guilty as charged. In fact, the brain tumor example has happened to me on many occasions.

That sort of stuff is associated with any kind of weak Si in socionics. Any N type really.

Oh and yes I have no doubt you're an N type of some sort.

Overall, you know best how you think. What you like to focus on the most, what you will focus on automatically without you even trying, what stuff makes absolutely no sense to you, and so on. I don't believe in the existence of a specific dominant function - heresy on this forum I know!!! -, best to look at these function thingies as these largely habitual attitudes that are not exclusive - no exclusive dominant as I said - and can even shift over time; and of course there is more than just 8 such atittudes making things even less "neat" in reality.

*rant end*

So for lazy procrastinating Se-egos, such as myself, the needing to do something is different in that it's more conscious for them? :happy2:

Though, I easily flick the feeling away and go back to whatever else I'm doing.

Btw, have you ever spent time with Se-lead types IRL? How did they help you? And, would OP relate to that?

At some point, I'll begin to do some quick calculations in my head, taking into account the time on the watch, the time remaining for the concert to begin, the assumed time it would take for the car to repair, the assumed speed of the car and the distance to the concert and find out if I would be able to arrive at the concert in time.

Hmm really, I relate to this but I thought these calculation thingies were Ti for me. :huh:

I sometimes really don't see where one ends and where the other starts for me :p (Ti vs Ni)

No shit man, I have the same animosity towards a lot of Fe stuff. More towards the MBTI version of it though and there the definition of an inferior, negative and largely unaccepted Fe conveniently fits this phenomenon. Socionics still works for me tho' because Fe is differently defined there and I can be somewhat more positive about that one. Maybe.

I wanted to say, I related to OP's weak Fi pretty well. I liked the Batman example showing how it's not ever going to be logical at all. :p

Whatever these tidbits of data mean.

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
First of all, thank you for taking the time to analyze!
To be honest, I'm not sure whether I would be happy with reaching a decision as much as my disappointment with the realization that I had no opinions of my own. It's as if my perspective on things is often derived from the external world and that sometimes leaves me feeling inauthentic and mechanical.
As a matter of fact, I like being in the company of Se-doms. They are relaxed, humorous and delightfully tranquil in a weird sense because the typical definition associated with tranquility won't be fit for my encounters with them. They have this omnipresent urge to just do things, while I'm the one usually trying to prolong doing things. I'd rather just sit back and wait for events to unfold until I know it's time for me to take action. :shrug: I actually mentioned this to one of them and he accused me of extenuating my tendency to be lazy by using 'flashy words and shit', haha.

I assign ratings based on how important the events of that month were (particularly with respect to my growth) and what my state of the mind was back then. Level of enjoyment is also a factor.

Alea_iacta_est

[MENTION=21198]infinity-[/MENTION] I have a really good SLE ESTp friend, and he is a prime motivator with the amount of energy he puts forward. There is a bit of a "throw everything at it and don't stop 'till its done" mentality that is fairly complementary to my long-range thinking. Whenever I and him are working together on something I will lay down the plan while he will implement it with great force. I suspect him to be an ESTp-Se subtype due to simply how aggressive he is as a person and how he exerts so much force.

Also, the needing to do something is consciously arrived at with the Se-Ego types, and through its defining nature of self-assertion and the hoarding of resources, Se-Ego types will almost always know what they want out of something, they know exactly what is to gain, and know how much force will be required to get it. My ESTp friend, in particular, will always get what he wants usually simply because he knows that he will not back down but instead escalate with the application of force to him. Lazy Se-Ego types aren't uncommon, due to the fact that Se-Ego types will exert force for something that they personally want or want done; in cases where the job is deemed pointless or mundane, the Se-Ego type will either respond with the "Get it over with" mentality to clear up ambiguities (heavy emphasis on the ISxj) or the forceful "Fuck it" mentality.

By the way, the Role function undoubtedly links to the Demonic Personality Complex, the only way it wouldn't would be if someone were to glance at the two models and assume that both the PoLR and the D.P.C are the weakest functions of both systems and simply compare them instead of their characteristics, such as how the D.P.C conflicts with the Hero in such a way that the Hero is suppressed and halted completely, exactly like the Role Function in Socionics, which suppresses the Lead function when used and can actually be used like a 'blunt weapon' as Eric B put it. ILE's Se is in particular rather scary, due to the fact that it inflates much like the Hidden Agenda but is taken much more seriously by both the audience and the user, completely suppressing the Lead Ne and leaving a rather angry intellectual Pseudo-ESTp. (The original reply was a joke)

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
So, it is established that I'm an INTJ (or at least an Ni-ego), right? Of course, I'm open to more interpretations. Incidentally, ESTp-Ti seems like an interesting possibility. I do tend to get remarkably (remarkable because I'm usually cool and passive) assertive and impulsive at times, particularly when I'm in a hurry or under stress or playing sports (although still not as much as the others I often wonder why they become so serious). Of course, that might be inferior Se.

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
Anyone?
Incidentally, I also want to know how the PoLR manifests with respect to each function. I think that is the easiest way to determine your type.