• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Confused on my type..

sm_9658

I kinda just wrote some random stuff about myself below. I think its probably useful.
I've taken tests and I get either INTJ most of the time, or from a different test ISTJ. I find that I am fine expressing my opinions in social situations about things that interest me and for the sake of intellectual debate , but I am mostly quiet. I've always found that I recharge when I am alone.

I like to plan stuff out for the most part. For an upcoming trip though, someone suggested we make an itinerary. The trip is simple, everything is already planned out and we do not need to write it down because it’s literally self-explanatory. In this situation I don't mind not having a written itinerary because I already know what the plan is. For most things pertaining to tasks and my life, I like a schedule and task list and prefer to have things planned out.

I think I am definitely a T not an F. Even when it comes to family and people close to me, I cannot sympathize when I think they've acted stupid and irrational. I don’t tell people what I am feeling and a lot of people say that I do not open up to people.

I wouldn't say I am exactly decisive because I analyze all of the pros and cons of a situation before I make a decision. When making decisions as a leader of a group, I do consult the group however my idea is usually the best path and almost always convince people of this. I consult them because I don’t think leaders should be sole decision makers, I don't like when people make decisions without consulting me.

Whenever I have been part of an organization, even if I didn't care for it, I put my full effort in order to improve it, make it run better and more efficiently. I also like restructuring these organizations when I get the chance because most of the time their structure is horrible and that’s what causes the organization to suck. I prefer business like conduct in these organizations and not informal personal meetings. I hate when people side chat and other time wasting crap during these meetings too because i hate when people waste my time.

I don't necessarily care or respect authority or rules just because most of the time they have not done anything for me to justify their position. I like rules when they serve a purpose, i like when people follow my rules but I do not necessarily follow others rules because most of the time they don't serve a purpose.

I am not even sure what constitutes as a gut feeling but i generally can read people pretty well and know when they have ulterior motives. I can see past people and their fake actions and sometimes I don't understand why other people can't see it like i do.

I also don't necessarily think I am smarter than everyone, but a lot of the time i think people act stupid, almost always irrational and they cause their own problems due to their irrationality.

The part that I think doesn't fit anywhere is that I am innovative and almost always am the creative one in the group. I think its because I have good ideas, but i like to use my hands to craft and make art although i'm no artist.

I got typed on a different forum as an F which was confusing to me.
I don't think i am an F just because I don't know how to deal with people when they express their emotions. I'm bad at expressing my emotions such as when I receive a gift even if I really like it. Never really cared if I hurt peoples feelings by being to blunt because if it's the truth then it is what it is...
Also doesn't affect me when people are blunt with me too because I don't like when people sugar coat things.
Don't know if those are the defining features or not.

I am fine with sciences but it's been a while since I've taken any because I am an international studies student. Some of the classes I've done best in have been accounting and political science/statistics.

Alea_iacta_est

Definitely seem heavy with Te. Possibly interplay with Se. Possible Ni valuing.

For my amusement,

When you set goals, are goals predetermined, allowing yourself to manipulate the resources and methods on-hand to reach that specific, fixed goal, or do you seem to set flexible goals based on the methods and resources on-hand? And no, this is not a J/P question, no Forerring.

"I don't like when people sugar-coat things" definite Te > Fe, Fe unvalued most likely, or much less likely rebelling anima/animus.

sm_9658

I would say predetermined goals where I would manipulate resources to reach the specific goal.

Alea_iacta_est

Interesting.

Which do you suck at/pay less attention to/care less about/ignore more?

(Bad at) Interpreting emotions in the environment, drawing emotions in from specific objects, making decisions based on society's standards, eliciting an emotional reaction to stimuli in the environment, kind of like this, but probably not as exaggerated.

(Bad at) Personal aesthetics, personal sensorial preferences for certain things like a favorite color, favorite food, making the environment comfortable for the physical, mental, psychological state, taste in clothing that is pleasing aesthetically to the self, knowing how much of a physical, mental, or psychological toll something will have on you.

Or neither?

sm_9658

Hmm I am definitely more inclined towards the second one. I'm bad with the first one, especially with eliciting an emotional reaction to stimuli.

Alea_iacta_est

Yes, I am worse at the first one.

You're an INTJ. That description is what is known as Fe PoLR (Point of Least Resistance, a Socionics concept that transposes over to JCF rather smoothly).

The other one was Si PoLR, which is indicative of the ENTJ.

Also, I saved you some time by using PoLR definition, you are probably an INTp-Te (ILI-Te) in Socionics, as well. Two birds, one stone.

Curiously, however, your tactical/strategic answer aligned more with ENTJ.

sm_9658

You're an INTJ. That description is what is known as Fe PoLR (Point of Least Resistance, a Socionics concept that transposes over to JCF rather smoothly).

The other one was Si PoLR, which is indicative of the ENTJ.

Also, I saved you some time by using PoLR definition, you are probably an INTp-Te (ILI-Te) in Socionics, as well. Two birds, one stone.

Curiously, however, your tactical/strategic answer aligned more with ENTJ.

You mean the personal aesthetic answer aligned with ENTJ?
I am still a noob with this stuff, but thanks this was pretty helpful.

Alea_iacta_est

You mean the personal aesthetic answer aligned with ENTJ?
I am still a noob with this stuff, but thanks this was pretty helpful.

Yeah, the ENTJ's PoLR is Introverted Sensation (Si), which means that their ultimate blindspot is their own tastes in things (sensually, good/bad alignments are indicative of Fi, the ENTJ's inferior in JCF and the ENTj's Dual-seeking function in Socionics) and their own physical state. Si Super-Ego (meaning that this includes both INTJs and ENTJs, or, rather INTps and ENTjs) types often have trouble in picking favorites of things, having personal preference, and this shows up in the "favorite color" example to favorite food, favorite clothing, favorite memory, etc. Also, Si Super Ego types have trouble attaching personal significance to objects like heirlooms, and find attachments to objects somewhat ridiculous if they are not to any benefit/practical use, like memorabilia.