• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How did you discovered your type?

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
This thread isn't about me or my type at all. I was just curious to know how did you discover you type. Come on, let me hear some stories and analyzes!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I read Keirsey's "Please Understand Me" way back in my 20's.

I just read all the descriptions. I identified partly with INFP... until I read the INTP description. That was that.

L

LadyLazarus

The functions. I usually used to test as INFP and ISTP, which is why I mistyped as both for a while. I read up on the functions and figured out I use Fi and Se, not Ti and Se or Fi and Ne. In retrospect, considering my function stack it makes sense that I tested as both of those.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Well I wont say I have discovered a definitive type, but I will tell you how I came across the theory.

I was always a lost person, in that I was constantly seeking affirmation of...well everything. This suggests reliance on others to an unhealthy degree of course, not entirely untrue, but not entirely true either. Anyhow, this resulted in a person who wanted to know about themselves, but who hadn't yet realised that experience and exposure to the world and other circumstances is how one learns.

A naive person who thought that he could understand through a vector of what others thought. Pathetic, a notion opposed to itself really; how can a person understand themselves through outside input? Oh yes I understand mirroring and being influenced by an environment and determinism. But that's just surface, even the most outgoing personality has an idea of self, even if it is wholly manufactured. I wanted to understand what that was in relation to myself.

So I ended up looking into theories of personality, although at the time I was too young to know that was what I was going towards. I started when reading a psychological overview of myself from a school psychologist at the age of around 8. My parents had struggled with me from the day I was born and I was an unpredictable and often stubbornly violent child, with a surface nature of reticence.

I became fascinated by an analysis of myself by this figure, perhaps one of the few times I had genuinely seen what someone else thought of me. Then this lead onto astrology and later in MBTI.

And there you go.

L

LadyLazarus

Oh! I also made a human sacrifice to Conan O'brien. I think it may have been the key actually. I take everything I said in my last post back.

If you want to find your type make a sacrifice to a mildly famous, dance-y ginger.

fghw

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Research, doubt, re-research, doubt, re-research, etc. arriving at the same conclusion every time. If I was deciding between two types, I usually just studied both of them until I found a discrepancy.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Professor (INTJ) told the class to take some quiz for extra credit.

When he saw my results, he was like... woah, you're such a rarity in my class, the majority of the people who seem to take these sort of classes were all INTPs (even the class that I was in.) I was like :blink: ...... are you trying to say I'm weird for taking courses that tend to skew heavily towards INTPs?

As for the type, it's debatable, some people believe that what I got that day was my type all along. I think some people here still do (like [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] thinks I'm INFP.)

fghw

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
This thread isn't about me or my type at all. I was just curious to know how did you discover you type. Come on, let me hear some stories and analyzes!

;) That's why its in the What's my Type? forum.

(Why is there no Wonka emoticon?)

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

My friend (INTJ) got into it first. He sent me an INTJ description, thinking I would be interested in reading it.

I was mind=blown by how much I related to it, and thought I was one too for a while, but kind of left it at that. Eventually I started noticing differences between my friend and I, so I began looking into the possibility that I might be another type, eventually winding up with INFJ.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Took a simple test, related to it a lot and researched it a bunch. Google led me to this site in a lot if my searches so I decided to join. From there, I found out about other systems and explored those too.

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
;) That's why its in the What's my Type? forum.

(Why is there no Wonka emoticon?)

It's on this forum because;
1. You're asking yourself "What is my type?"
2. Maybe from your stories I'll have a little more idea of how discovering my type.
3. I had no idea where else to post this thread, haha.

Oh! I also made a human sacrifice to Conan O'brien. I think it may have been the key actually. I take everything I said in my last post back.

If you want to find your type make a sacrifice to a mildly famous, dance-y ginger.

Oh, you're right. Thank you so much! Do you think George Weasley will accept my human sacrifce, or is he too ficitional?

Thank you guys so much for sharing your stories with me!

G

Ginkgo

I originally tested as INFP. Since then, my relationship with typology, as a whole, has remained tenuous. I see my typing as an approximation, but I really came to terms with Fi and Ne after reading Jung's Personality Types.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It took quite a while some of which was a lack self-honesty, others parts related to the distortion of types. My belief that my inability to deal with reality was an intuitive trait; rather than a normal human failing. I finally released not too long ago that my resemblance to Russian housewives was unmistakable, and my deep love of cookies really just clinched it for me.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The identification was immediate on both mbti and Enneagram, but I spent some time interacting with people with similar typings (who seemed to be correctly typed) to see if their thought processes seemed similar enough

Kyo

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I took tests online, with varied results. It was confusing at first, even when I began reading about functions. :p Learning enneagram helped clear up some confusions. Actually I think exposure to both theories made me more conscious of how I function. After more readings and introspection, I realized I'm definitely an Fi-dom sensor.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Oh yeah, on a forum I used to be a member of (before I got kicked out by butthurt mods for "misogyny", lolol) which had nothing to to with personality there was a thread about MBTI, I came out as INTJ.

I didn't care much for it at the time but this year I started to get a bit more interested in personality so did further research into it. I always had difficulty as I come out as INFJ on tests due to having high Fi and experiencing strong emotions internally (it's also why I have a Type 4 Enneagram) but I don't relate to the idealism of INFJs. If I don't think an idea will work in practice - and I look for any potential consequences in the long term more than short term probably - I reject it.