• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I'm so confused

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I've already opened a thread discussing my type and I was pretty sure I was an ENTP. But when I asked my friends which type do the associate me with, and they said ENTJ though both of them sounds a lot like me, and one couldn't decide. I think they decided that based on the fact that I'm the "leader" of the group (my friends are INTJ, ISFJ and INFJx2). I took the cognitive functions quiz once again and those were the results:

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (60%)
your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (85%)
your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (90%)
your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (75%)
your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (5%)
your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Si (Introverted Sensing) (55%)
your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (50%)
your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (40%)
your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

Help me please? Can I be an ENTP who's very close to being ENTJ or something along those lines?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I have a test, we interact if you hate me you're entj if you think I'm awesome you're entp.

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I have a test, we interact if you hate me you're entj if you think I'm awesome you're entp.

Haha I think your test might be more reliable than the tests offered online, it's so confusing.

Agnes

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
89?
I took the cognitive functions quiz once again and those were the results:

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (60%)
your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (85%)
your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (90%)
your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (75%)
your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (5%)
your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Si (Introverted Sensing) (55%)
your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (50%)
your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (40%)
your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

Help me please? Can I be an ENTP who's very close to being ENTJ or something along those lines?

Bolded is ENTP and underlined ENTJ, I think you can draw a conclusion by yourself :D

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wait until I've had more interaction with you, then I will let you know. If I like you, chances are you are ENTP. ENTJs have a way of rubbing me the wrong way (not all of them).

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You took a function strength test. While they can be indicative, they're more likely to show how comfortable you are using a particular function. It also will show you that if you're a Ti-lover, you likely have a handle on *some* Te, and the same for all the other functions.

MBTI however is about preferences - just because you're comfortable using a function as a tool in life, doesn't mean it's your go-to in every situation. So while strength tests have their use, they're not the best way to figure out your type.

The way I determined I was ENFP and not INFP - after scoring equally high on Fi and Ne in the strength test - was by going over the role each function is to fulfil (don't have that info on hand to link to though, anyone got this stashed somewhere?).

For instance, the dominant function is the way you view the world. The coloured glasses through which you see the world and the way your pov is influenced and skewed. You engage just about anything on your path with this one, first.

The auxiliary function tends to be the one with which we love others. We utilise it to interact with others.

For an INFP and an ENFP, the difference shows to be significant: using Ne to interact with others instead of interacting with the world is a big difference. And utilising Fi to judge the world or using it to love and interact with others looks very different. The auxiliary function also is used more narrowly and has less of your ego invested in it. ENFPs look more crazy and random due to this, despite the fact that it is often INFPs who, during interaction with others - not the world itself - pull crazy jokes, jump from topic to topic and use Ne to get to know the person, see all their angles.

The Tertiary is called the relief function for a reason, and so on. Each function will serve you in a particular way, regardless of its strength as measured by the test you took.

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Bolded is ENTP and underlined ENTJ, I think you can draw a conclusion by yourself :D

Hahaha I guess I can. Though is there a reason for my friends to type me as ENTJ? Maybe I'm just really orginized perciever or something like that? Hahaha I read ENTJ women are very forceful and may be seen as unfeminine and I'm really not like that, though I'm also not that laid back like ENTPs are. I don't know, really!

Oh it is.

I can't wait to have more interaction with you, then! I've never met an INFP in real life so I'm really excited.

Wait until I've had more interaction with you, then I will let you know. If I like you, chances are you are ENTP. ENTJs have a way of rubbing me the wrong way (not all of them).

Something tells me that ENTJs aren't very likeable, hmmm... Well, usually I don't rub people the wrong way (Uhm, I think so?), so I hope I won't annoy you too much as well.

Thank you all for your responses, by the way!

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You took a function strength test. While they can be indicative, they're more likely to show how comfortable you are using a particular function. It also will show you that if you're a Ti-lover, you likely have a handle on *some* Te, and the same for all the other functions.

MBTI however is about preferences - just because you're comfortable using a function as a tool in life, doesn't mean it's your go-to in every situation. So while strength tests have their use, they're not the best way to figure out your type.

The way I determined I was ENFP and not INFP was by going over the role each function is to fulfil (don't have that info on hand to link to though, anyone got this stashed somewhere?).

For instance, the dominant function is the way you view the world. The coloured glasses through which you see the world and the way your pov is influenced and skewed. You engage just about anything on your path with this one, first.

The auxiliary function tends to be the one with which we love others. We utilise it to interact with others.

For an INFP and an ENFP, the difference shows to be significant: using Ne to interact with others instead of interacting with the world is a big difference. And utilising Fi to judge the world or using it to love and interact with others looks very different. The auxiliary function also is used more narrowly and has less of your ego invested in it. ENFPs look more crazy and random due to this, despite the fact that it is often INFPs who, during interaction with others - not the world itself - pull crazy jokes, jump from topic to topic and use Ne to get to know the person, see all their angles.

The Tertiary is called the relief function for a reason, and so on. Each function will serve you in a particular way, regardless of its strength as measured by the test you took.

Woah, that's super detailed. Thank you so much! I will continue reading about cognitive functions (it's a hard material and there isn't enough of it in my native language, but I don't care). Study one's personality is quite hard, and seems like the more I read into it the more complicated it gets.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Something tells me that ENTJs aren't very likeable, hmmm... Well, usually I don't rub people the wrong way (Uhm, I think so?), so I hope I won't annoy you too much as well.

Thank you all for your responses, by the way!

I was half-joking. You seem cool enough, so based on what little I know, I'm not going to suddenly start hating you if you type yourself as one or the other.

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I was half-joking. You seem cool enough, so based on what little I know, I'm not going to suddenly start hating you if you type yourself as one or the other.

I didn't meant that if I'm gonna type myself as either type you're gonna start hating me, it was more of a way to say that I'm not gonna behave in a start way for you to type as as ENTJ ot ENTP (?? I don't know how to put it into words so I don't have a clue if you know what I mean).

And yes, I'm kinda cool. You seem quite cool as well, ha.

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I don't think entj. Time will tell

True, true. Mostly I joined the forum to meet more people who are a bit obsessed with MBTI (with all its flaws), like me. I'm not so sure about ENTJ either, but I don't know.