• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Jack Flak (to add fire to the discussion) seems to be a typical INTp-Te on the border with ISTp-Te

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Jack Flak (to add fire to the discussion) seems to be a typical INTp-Te on the border with ISTp-Te
It's a result of adaptation, any apparent Sensing quality. I been around. Favoring the N lately though, enough to where physical reality is becoming an odd bedfellow.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
You say that now, but if you and I were in a group IRL, in some kind of discussion, you'd be interjecting about twenty times more than I would be. Unless I was drunk.

You did sing on teh interwebs you know...what kind of an Introvert are you.

;)

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm substantially different on the internet from the way I am in personal interaction. It's another one of those things that raises questions for me about the applicability of typology. People appear awfully different in different contexts, and I wonder how any system can truly get to the bottom of that.

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Rajah: Unknown, likely NT (Too unfamiliar atm)
XNTP just about sums it up. P is my strongest suit. Doesn't always come across online, but if/when you get to know me better, you'll see it.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Let me paraphrase what you stated.

BlueWing describes the Introverted Feeling of the INTP as a synthesis of Introverted Thinking and Feeling.

That is incorrect.

What I said was the following, when an INTP feels, his Feelings are often directed at his inner life. For example, the INTP may find beauty in a mathematical equation, or some abstract idea. This is very similar to Fi, as for example we notice NFPs display an intense emotional reaction to an abstract idea. We find many examples for this phenomenon in the writings of Kierkegaard and Augustine.

But what actually happens is the Extroverted Feeling is directed towards the inner life and not the Introverted Feeling itself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me clarify further;

Introverted function: Interposes an internal subjective mindset between the experience and itself.

Extroverted function: Interacts directly with the external world.

Introverted Feeling: Imposes a subtle unconscious agenda of valuation between the object and the psyche itself.

Extroverted Feeling: Emotes directly in relation to the object.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As I have explained in my ENFJ profile, the Extroverted Feeler often collects the emotion expressed by others, as Jung says, an Extroverted Feeler may call a painting good or beautiful not because it directly pleases his or her aesthetical judgment, but because the present company feels the painting was good or beautiful.

In the case of the INTP, the emotive judgment interacts directly with the object, in my example it is the mathematical equation. If the INTP thinks that the equation is beautiful, the emotional reaction will follow. In the case of an Fi type, Feeling has a mind of its own. The emotive agenda is not directly prescribed by an agent foreign to feeling, it operates by virtue of the aforementioned mystical agenda of unconscious emotive valuation of its own.

Because the INTP does not employ such an agenda, this type is not an Introverted Feeling type.

You stated that I was describing the Introverted Feeling of the INTP, this was not so. I was describing how the faculties of cognition of the INTP resemble Introverted Feeling, but they are not of Introverted Feeling.

This is quite interesting. But I'm still not quite getting what the "emotive valuation agenda having a mind of its own" of Fi is, and how it would differ from an extraverted judgment "directed toward the inner life" (which sounds like the definition of introversion).

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
You could very well be an ISTP. They are Chart-the-Course too (as is ISTJ) and actually are more systematic than many realize.

Generally speaking I think many people on this forum as S, only a few are really abstract and truly intuitive - at least that's how they come across on this forum. But then there's that bias that N is related to intelligence and being 'different' that many buy into.
I agree except to expound that Ni is the only function that correlates with intuition as we commonly understand it. Ne is action oriented and comes close to resembling Se.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I agree except to expound that Ni is the only function that correlates with intuition as we commonly understand it. Ne is action oriented and comes close to resembling Se.
Anything goes! (See sig)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Just as Ni could also resemble Si. Although, they are directed inward, and thus unobservable. So I guess with Te or Fe, IxTJs could seem similar and IxFJs could seem similar.

People also commonly associate Ti with being an Intuitive preference.

I took the new cognitive processes test, and the results seem to be more clear cut than the other one.

EDIT: Why aren't the quoting and URL tags working?

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
You say that now, but if you and I were in a group IRL, in some kind of discussion, you'd be interjecting about twenty times more than I would be. Unless I was drunk.

That's not what Introversion and Extraversion is all about.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Just as Ni could also resemble Si. Although, they are directed inward, and thus unobservable.
Introverted functions are observable. They're just manifest the way the individual feels they ought to be, rather than what is derived from the external situation.
It means they're very likely difficult to notice, because they're done in an unusual way -- we don't know how to look for it.
This is why intimacy is correlated with introversion. Someone has to really know the individual to comprehend or even recognize their introverted function.

(Of course it's not referenced as this in common life, but it does happen)

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Anything goes! (See sig)
Ummm.... I agree with Colors that you merely pointed out Socionics..... I see your theory and raise you my proposal based on what Jung may have declared since his focus was on the dominant function and gave less credence to the auxiliary. Even Myers-Briggs notes that the auxiliary is something that we should focus to develop, but admits that it's not always realistic since the dominant function is far more superior to the auxiliary.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Ummm.... I agree with Colors that you merely pointed out Socionics..... I see your theory and raise you my proposal based on what Jung may have declared since his focus was on the dominant function and gave less credence to the auxiliary. Even Myers-Briggs notes that the auxiliary is something that we should focus to develop, but admits that it's not always realistic since the dominant function is far more superior to the auxiliary.

Ehh, I don't think you got me. And we totally disagree about everything, so don't worry about it.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is quite interesting. But I'm still not quite getting what the "emotive valuation agenda having a mind of its own" of Fi is, and how it would differ from an extraverted judgment "directed toward the inner life" (which sounds like the definition of introversion).

I'm a little hazy too on the specifics, although the idea is intriguing and something I plan to think more about.

Definitely we have to address the typically expressed INTP inclination towards merging "perfection in truth" and "beauty."

Seeing a perfectly balanced, perfectly working system, where all the parts are efficient and are fulfilling their purpose as per inherent definition creates a sense of strong awe and beauty in me. It can be someone's personality, it can be a theory, it can be a book or movie or work of music; but that sense of "wow!" and deep-seated beauty is based on the perfection of the idea/concept/system.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I realize that my perception of beauty is largely connected with technicalities (including stuff like symmetries, or comparitive frameworks, etc) and the negative emotional reactions to violations of these is what made it hard to sort out Ti vs the Fi some were suggesting. So that's why I'm just making sure to clarify what this Fi "agenda" everything is "filtered" through really is.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
CaptainChick might be ENFJ. There is a seeming preference for Feeling over Intuition.