• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
No, BlueWing maintains that the Fe of the INTP may look like Fi for this reason, but the genuine essence of Introverted Feeling is close to non-existent because this function is the most supressed as it is in direct antithesis with the primary function which is the Introverted Thinking.
I put "Fi" in quotes, because you said it wasn't Fi itself. And I fail to see how this is not an "odd marriage" between Ti and Fe, exactly how I described it.

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm not great with ethnicities other than my own, and I think most people operate similarly. But I don't see a problem with ENTP or ENFP here. Either would potentially fit.

Regarding asking questions: That's what people tend to do in the OP of "What's my Type" threads, and the kind of questions asked can lead to my perceiving personality traits.

Personalities transcend ethnicities, don't they.

I'm curious... Why do you type yourself INTP, incidentally?

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Interesting note in regard to this.

Personality: A set of our habits concerning behavior.

Temperament: A set of solidified unconscious tendencies of thought.

Example distinguishing the two: An INTP in China will behave differently from an INTP in North America, but what they both will have in common is the tendency towards dispassionate contemplation.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type

Because I am one. Do you have any idea how introverted I am? Very. And it's not some half invented shite like Social Anxiety Disorder either.

Re: ethnicity: Visual Identification only.

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Interesting note in regard to this.

Personality: A set of our habits concerning behavior.

Temperament: A set of solidified unconscious tendencies of thought.

Example distinguishing the two: An INTP in China will behave differently from an INTP in North America, but what they both will have in common is the tendency towards dispassionate contemplation.

I take your point, bluewing, but I was more referring to visual identification like how Jack is doing currently.

Because I am one. Do you have any idea how introverted I am? Very. And it's not some half invented shite like Social Anxiety Disorder either.

Re: ethnicity: Visual Identification only.

I wouldn't know how introverted you are, and I would not mix the introversion of the MBTI with the social/psychological introversion like SAD either. :) I guess I can observe you.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
aelan: Intuition/Thinking Extrovert. ENTP. Certainty 3/4. Alternate: ENFP.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I put "Fi" in quotes, because you said it wasn't Fi itself. And I fail to see how this is not an "odd marriage" between Ti and Fe, exactly how I described it.

Let me paraphrase what you stated.

BlueWing describes the Introverted Feeling of the INTP as a synthesis of Introverted Thinking and Feeling.

That is incorrect.

What I said was the following, when an INTP feels, his Feelings are often directed at his inner life. For example, the INTP may find beauty in a mathematical equation, or some abstract idea. This is very similar to Fi, as for example we notice NFPs display an intense emotional reaction to an abstract idea. We find many examples for this phenomenon in the writings of Kierkegaard and Augustine.

But what actually happens is the Extroverted Feeling is directed towards the inner life and not the Introverted Feeling itself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me clarify further;

Introverted function: Interposes an internal subjective mindset between the experience and itself.

Extroverted function: Interacts directly with the external world.

Introverted Feeling: Imposes a subtle unconscious agenda of valuation between the object and the psyche itself.

Extroverted Feeling: Emotes directly in relation to the object.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As I have explained in my ENFJ profile, the Extroverted Feeler often collects the emotion expressed by others, as Jung says, an Extroverted Feeler may call a painting good or beautiful not because it directly pleases his or her aesthetical judgment, but because the present company feels the painting was good or beautiful.

In the case of the INTP, the emotive judgment interacts directly with the object, in my example it is the mathematical equation. If the INTP thinks that the equation is beautiful, the emotional reaction will follow. In the case of an Fi type, Feeling has a mind of its own. The emotive agenda is not directly prescribed by an agent foreign to feeling, it operates by virtue of the aforementioned mystical agenda of unconscious emotive valuation of its own.

Because the INTP does not employ such an agenda, this type is not an Introverted Feeling type.

You stated that I was describing the Introverted Feeling of the INTP, this was not so. I was describing how the faculties of cognition of the INTP resemble Introverted Feeling, but they are not of Introverted Feeling.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm bored 'n crap, do me Jack :jew:

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
aelan: Intuition/Thinking Extrovert. ENTP. Certainty 3/4. Alternate: ENFP.

I get a certainty ratio higher than whatever, awww.

If it's any help, I've tested ENTP, ENFJ, INTP, ISFJ. I'm curious why'd you say ENFP actually.

Trinity, there's my showgirl! :D

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*moans*

do it again Trinity! :holy:

yes- perplexed at the fact that aelan got seen as higher T, lower F than me ;)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
to be mean takes more F

I don't care enough to be mean most of the time :sleeping:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Does any T who's not a total asshole = soft edged?

no- sorry- I work with wine too much :doh:

sharp edge versus soft edge... not an insult at all- it's like saying that someone works with a soft touch :)