• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
ENTPs do what they want.

It's a human kind of thing to desire power. If the human happens to be ENTP...

Almost every ENTPs I've known enjoy their freedom far too much to bother controlling other people.
There was a thread about this that showed that very distinctive trait.

ENTPs often are dubbed as manipulative, and that's true. But they do not like to lead, it's not "natural" for those anarchists at heart. They often respect power, but they also despise it in the same time.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
However, denying that these physiological issues exist is like denying that there are any creatures that exist in the ocean because you can't see the overwhelming majority with your eyes above the water. You can't see the aquatic life below the sea; you also can't see the molecular physiology of the inside of someone's brain.
But there are pieces of equipment that allow people to examine such things, and they've proven they exist. (100% proven. There is absolutely no dispute.) It's a physiological reality that there are incorrect levels of neurochemicals flowing around in some people. This is what causes problems in some people. (Some. Not everyone who is taking the medication. Because, again, it's easier to medicate someone than to go through the effort of finding the cause.)

That's where my buzzer went off. What do you mean by "incorrect"?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Probably simply the same as saying, "You need more oil in your car because the quantity/proportion of what you have in there now is not sufficient to make it run smoothly as it was designed to do."

That's all.

Nothing nefarious.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Probably simply the same as saying, "You need more oil in your car because the quantity/proportion of what you have in there now is not sufficient to make it run smoothly as it was designed to do."

Human beings aren't cars.

But if I swallow your metaphor anyway, then I will assert that "running smoothly" may not always be what someone wants a car to do. ;)

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Human beings aren't cars.

But if I swallow your metaphor anyway, then I will assert that "running smoothly" may not always be what someone wants a car to do. ;)

Funnily enough those people often end up at the auto shop to get "modifcations, repairs, or upgrades"

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Jack Flak: INTJ

MacGuffin, Rajah, and Edahn: xNTP (x denoting ambivert)

Uberfuhrer: ISTJ

Ivy: Destroyer of MBTI
Flak: INTP

MacGuffin: INTP

Uberfuhrer: INTJ

Ivy: INFJ (Certainty 3/4)

Rajah: Unknown, likely NT (Too unfamiliar atm)

Edahn: ENTP (Certainty 2/3)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Flak: INTP

MacGuffin: INTP

Uberfuhrer: INTJ

Ivy: INFJ (Certainty 3/4)

Rajah: Unknown, likely NT (Too unfamiliar atm)

Edahn: ENTP (Certainty 2/3)

Are you using the MBTI or the JFTI?

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
The MBTI is more of a crock than the JTdilly, but...
JTFdilly is still a flawed mechanism.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
The MBTI is more of a crock than the JTdilly, but...
JTFdilly is still a flawed mechanism.
Tough to get around that. My next goal is to create a test which is accurate more than 3/4 of the time, and doesn't confuse the shit out of half the novices. I'll ponder this for the next year or two.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
How would you seperate or define the usability or "function" of jacks system verse MBTI

1. The average ill informed novice
2. The average intermediate
3. The average well informed "typologist"

Because I think fundamentally that is what really distinguishes the validity of these things. If you're good your good no matter what method you use as Jack alluded to in one of his posts.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I await the advent.
I can't wait to trounce that bullery as well.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Because I think fundamentally that is what really distinguishes the validity of these things. If you're good your good no matter what method you use as Jack alluded to in one of his posts.
Note: I think people are often good in spite of MBTT functions. They unconsciously redefine the terms in order to have them fit their analyses.* This isn't to say everyone who uses MBTT functions is good. Very few are.

*BlueWing actually described the INTP's "Fi" as some kind of odd Ti+Fe marriage, and this is the perfect example. It doesn't need to be like that.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
1. The average ill informed novice
2. The average intermediate

Almost all people -- especially those participants in this disabler of a thread -- are in these two levels.

Usehername

On a mission

I'll preface my response by saying thumbs up to the level-headed discussion we're having in this iffy thread. :)

It means when you go through the effort of truly separating out behaviour (i.e. a kid with ADD with abnormal levels of neurochemicals vs. a kid who is attention starved due to parents, or going through a bratty phase because kids do that) the kids with genuine attention deficit can go through a fMRI and the scan will show different levels of neurochemicals that distinctly depart from the norm.

It's analogous to cancer, Jeffster: Every one of us has cancerous activity in our body; you do, I do, we all do. Some of it is natural due to aging, some of it is natural due to mutation happening once in a while, everyone has free radicalization of their molecular structures (aka cancer). We differentiate between any random person who has free radicalization and people who "have cancer" because there are physical differences that, after a point, the distinct departure from the norm in one's body becomes abnormal. I'm sure you can see just as easily as I do that with cancer, there are physical challenges that come after a point of not dealing with things.

With neurochemicals, these things happen in the brain; the brain is the control room for all behavioural activity. In the brain, also, there are challenges that come after a point of not dealing with things. This body location is the only difference.

We don't send every person who potentially has <insert neurochemical abnormality here> under the fMRI magnet because that's simply too costly. Way cheaper, way faster, way less effort to medicate people who are borderline. (I am not arguing in favour of medicating every kid that comes in one's path, I'm just stating reality--it's simply easier to medicate.)

(I'm not asserting that intervention like one-on-one helping a kid develop techniques to deal with their behavioural problem isn't beneficial--studies show it is helpful to a degree, and any help is better than no help. But if there's a significant physiological deviation from the norm, medicating an individual can throw their neurochemical balance into a healthy range that a) shows up healthy under the magnet under testing in studies (but, again, is simply too costly to do for non-life-threatening problems for the everyday IRL case) and b) helps their behaviour.)

The biggest problem with a term like "depression" is that everyone gets down in the dumps once in a while. We've all felt "depressed." Not all of us have had, excuse my language, really fucked up brain chemistry that leads to DSM-IV qualification of the term and had to deal with this. I can imagine what it's like to have a broken leg and have everyone tell you to "walk it off" and how invalidated I'd feel because I can't control the fact that my leg is broken and not properly functional. Then imagine that your brain chemistry is equally as incapicated, except not only are people telling you to "deal with it" but they don't even acknowledge that this physiological problem exists (because they can't see it physically). And the added bonus is that this invalidation is in your brain and it makes your mood even worse because you don't feel acknowledged and because your physiological brain makes up your thoughts and feelings. Telling a person who is DSM-IV certifiably depressed that they should "be happy" and "stop feeling so down" is like stepping on someone's broken leg.