• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
While you may dispute the remedy for "that stuff," the reality is that they are classifications for behavior and conditions that do exist.

I don't dispute that the behavior exists, otherwise I wouldn't have called it "normal human behavior." ;)

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
I don't dispute that the behavior exists, otherwise I wouldn't have called it "normal human behavior." ;)
You disputed the classifications, which was my point.

The classifications exist. However, what to do, if anything, is what your statement was disputing.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
You disputed the classifications, which was my point.

The classifications exist. However, what to do, if anything, is what your statement was disputing.

Why are we talking in circles? :D Of course they EXIST, otherwise there would be no CRAP for me to object to.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
And I also think that a lot of INxJs use the Internet to act out the bad-ass side of them that they can't do well in real life because of underdeveloped Se.

Hum. Perhaps.

So you don't do this, Uber?

I'm going to have to go with Jeffster, though.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
One thing I didn't take into consideration in the OP was issues most of us have. I would imagine the majority of people on a psychology forum do have one if not more things they are dealing with. Some things to consider...

ADD, Social Anxiety Disorder, Autism BiPolar Disorder, OCD, Depression and so on. I believe these things can easily alter a persons type. I pretty sure I have ADD and S.A.D.

I don't think mental disorders alter somebody's type. They *do* add another layer to person's behavior that can throw off accurate typing. The only people that I've met who I had trouble classifying after knowing them personally for more than a month were either bipolar, sociopaths, or had some other "white noise" issue such as repressed homosexuality. But if you look past their erratic behavior caused by mental afflictions, they were quite consistent with their types.

As always though, there are degrees to everything. If somebody is completely fucked up off their rocker and need to wear a straight jacket, then yeah, MBTI won't be of much use.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Uber and Señor Flak:

ENTP

Uber? why not. A very special one, but hey, there's no "ordinary" ENTPs. ENTPs often are extreme narcissists like Uber is, but they usually have a subtler or lighter way to show it because they focus it externally. Ne-Dom are often more scatterbrained than our beloved Uber, but again, who knows?

But I disagree on Flak. I distinctively smell the foul stench of INTP's putridness in most of his writings. :sick:

Usehername

On a mission
And meanwhile I think most of that stuff is crap, and is made up to make normal human behavior something to medicate into submission.

:huh:

You probably think this is crap because a lot of doctors find it easier to medicate than to find the true root of the problem (and thus, there are a high number of people on medication that don't actually have a physiological problem).

However, denying that these physiological issues exist is like denying that there are any creatures that exist in the ocean because you can't see the overwhelming majority with your eyes above the water. You can't see the aquatic life below the sea; you also can't see the molecular physiology of the inside of someone's brain.
But there are pieces of equipment that allow people to examine such things, and they've proven they exist. (100% proven. There is absolutely no dispute.) It's a physiological reality that there are incorrect levels of neurochemicals flowing around in some people. This is what causes problems in some people. (Some. Not everyone who is taking the medication. Because, again, it's easier to medicate someone than to go through the effort of finding the cause.)

Anonymous

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Jack Flak: INTJ

MacGuffin, Rajah, and Edahn: xNTP (x denoting ambivert)

Uberfuhrer: ISTJ

Ivy: Destroyer of MBTI

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
But I disagree on Flak. I distinctively smell the foul stench of INTP's putridness in most of his writings. :sick:

When you have a higher post count, you may comment on Jack's writing.
Until then, it is to be assumed that you're not on the forum often enough to make a clear analysis -- at least given Señor Flak's recent sign on.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Jack Flak: INTJ

MacGuffin, Rajah, and Edahn: xNTP (x denoting ambivert)

Uberfuhrer: ISTJ

Ivy: Destroyer of MBTI

If Uber is not an INTJ, then I will my own hat... and then shit out a better hat.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Until then, it is to be assumed that you're not on the forum often enough to make a clear analysis -- at least given Señor Flak's recent sign on.

You really think I genuinely tried to make "a clear analysis"? :D

----

Anyway, concerning our dear beloved Uber, as far as I remember, he often complained to be a control-freak, I mean: to be obsessed by power and the desire to lead and/or control people. That's definitely NOT an ENTP trait. But maybe I'm wrong?

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
ENTPs do what they want.

It's a human kind of thing to desire power. If the human happens to be ENTP...