• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The essence of a function does not change. Thinking remains Thinking, it never gets mystical, however it may appear mystical to others.

I never argued that the essence of a function changes by its direction. Direction is an additional component to the function. What this means is Introverted Thinking is most easily stimulated by ideas that are abstract in nature (such as mathematics and philosophy), yet Extroverted Thinking is more easily stimulated by problems that are ostensible in the external world.

Mystical logic is an oxymoron. Logic is completely objective. All of its procedures are always clearly outlined and are linear. As we have established earlier, Ti and Te are the same piece, therefore there is no reason to call Ti logic mystical.

The difference between me and other Ti doms is simply that I am more comfortable voicing my thoughts than they are. Ti logic is deemed mystical by others because Tis often do not voice their thoughts in public as explicitly as Te doms.
In the Jung excerpt, he makes Fi the more "mystical" one.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think phoenix13 is an FJ of sorts, even though she has herself listed as an ENFP.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I think phoenix13 is an FJ of sorts, even though she has herself listed as an ENFP.
phoenix13 is ENFP, though unwise compared to the average thirty year old ENFP. Which I don't believe she is, as yet.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Since this is kind of relevant to the topic, I think the most common self mistyping is an introvert reporting as an extravert, and a feeler reporting as a thinker.

Oh yeah, and as I mentioned in a previous thread, Uber is not an extravert.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
phoenix13 is ENFP, though unwise compared to the average thirty year old ENFP. Which I don't believe she is, as yet.

Phoenix13's reactions to my posts are very indicative of an FJ.
Perhaps her P function is very soft or something.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
She's far easier to deal with than CC, who is also ENFP.

I don't think it's a matter of who is easier to deal with. I was just commenting on reactions, which are indicative of a certain thought process.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I don't think it's a matter of who is easier to deal with. I was just commenting on reactions, which are indicative of a certain thought process.
IT IS my assessment that the ENFJ will not even engage when confronted with such conflict as they have been, and have engaged.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
IT IS my assessment that the ENFJ will not even engage when confronted with such conflict as they have been, and have engaged.

Alas, I haven't been witness to the conflict's in question, therefore I cannot comment.

(edit: are you speaking in hypothetical or are you referencing previously occurred event?)

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Phoenix13's reactions to my posts are very indicative of an FJ.
Perhaps her P function is very soft or something.
I'm pretty sure she's ENFP. I'm not seeing the FJ. I see strong Fi.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I refer you to the "Short rant on NFs" thread.

Just looked at it, and I must say, I disagree.

She seems to start her arguments from conclusions like most Js do. She likes to make lists when she makes a point.

And I'm not sure what infer by your previous post - that ENFJs balk away from arguments?

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm pretty sure she's ENFP. I'm not seeing the FJ. I see strong Fi.

I can't argue using "cognitive functions" because I do not find them an accurate assessment of personalities. I prefer Keirsian typology SJ NF SP NT, and informative vs directive. Those to me seem a lot more definitive and exact.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I can't argue using "cognitive functions" because I do not find them an accurate assessment of personalities. I prefer Keirsian typology SJ NF SP NT, and informative vs directive. Those to me seem a lot more definitive and exact.
Well, you're incorrect with your conclusion that she's more directive than informative. But that's due to a lack of data.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well, you're incorrect with your conclusion that she's more directive than informative. But that's due to a lack of data.

You know what, I take back what I said about her being directive. There are informative FJs (such as ISFJ and ESFJ). But she does give me an impression of being an FJ

(previous post has been edited)

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Right, and by reactions, you're refering to the only reaction I've ever given you: http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...ind-attractive-other-people-3.html#post402785

and your post reaked of arrogance, something at odds with my value system (Fi), so I called it out. Fe might be more inclined to let it slide, or at least be tactful. I'm not.

Don't forget your curt retort "wrong" to my post at http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/relationships/10047-enfp-intp-relationship-2.html#post378491

By the way, your "moral indignation" can be construed as arrogance as well.

(edit: also, in the same thread as you have referenced, another ENFP states her attraction to arrogance. So there goes your cognitive function argument)

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Don't forget your curt retort "wrong" to my post at http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/relationships/10047-enfp-intp-relationship-2.html#post378491

By the way, your "moral indignation" can be construed as arrogance as well.

(edit: also, in the same thread as you have referenced, another ENFP states her attraction to arrogance. So there goes your cognitive function argument)

My retort was an impulsive response to what I considered an ill-considered statement. Very P-ish.

I said your arrogance conflicted with my value system... I'm not indignant of you.

In response to your edit: cognitive processes are thinking processes, not thoughts or values in themselves... there's no contradiction there.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
phoenix13 is sooooooooooo fucking ENFP that I'm lol-ing at these accusations.

If she isn't ENFP, neither am I.