• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Good lordy!

What happened here while I was gone? o_O

I mean... eleven pages...

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Nocapszy.jpg

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
I don't see why people have such a problem with Nocapszy.

He's a smart kid. His method of communication isn't always conventional, but most of what he says is pretty spot-on.

redacted

^He does goad people.

He wants them to get mad; it proves his superiority.

His communication style could use some work if his goal was to get his ideas across. His goal is different, though :)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^I think stress pushes your internal standard (thought processes/unconscious tendencies) further from the external standard, so your intuition might look more introverted (more internally focused) in those times. Without stress, Ni can certainly focus on the environment more (that's what perception does, anyway -- focuses on the environment, turns it into inputs for other cognitive functions), because you aren't as fearful of the external world.

Well, Ni both turns inward (introverts) and looks inward (intuits). So it cannot perceive outward alone. Ni needs inferior Se to feed it with new inspirations to ponder. But unlike the ESxP, the INxJ's sensory experience is never for its own sake, but only as a jumping off point.

On the Ni and auxiliary axis, the INxJ, is not focused on perceiving the environment but rather organizing it with either Te or Fe. In the case of an INTJ, the external world is first confronted with Te which the INTJ somehow organizes so that the cards fall his way. So it's manipulation to befit what Ni has envisioned.

(The ENTP would do the exact opposite -- make the vision known, then back it up with Ti's sound logic afterward so that the project workable.)

As for the INTJ becoming an ENTP, remember Keirsey's roles of the INTJ -- the INTJ would play the secondary role of ENTJ, then INTP, and then when under extreme pressure, the ENTP.

redacted

Well, Ni both turns inward (introverts) and looks inward (intuits). So it cannot perceive outward alone. Ni needs inferior Se to feed it with new inspirations to ponder. But unlike the ESxP, the INxJ's sensory experience is never for its own sake, but only as a jumping off point.

I used to think this is how it worked.

All perception sees the world. Introverted perception has an additional filtering process. Ni sees the world, and narrows it down into ideas that are relevant to the user's thought process/unconscious tendencies. Ne just makes connections with everything it can.

It's true that Intuition is dependent on Sensing, but that goes for Ne and Si, too.

An introverted perceiver looks inward more because inward is more relevant to the internal standard, not because it can't look out.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

He's a smart kid. His method of communication isn't always conventional, but most of what he says is pretty spot-on.

It's probably just my SKi acting up. Or possibly my PEe. Those shadow functions are deadly.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's true that Intuition is dependent on Sensing, but that goes for Ne and Si, too.

An example of the Ne and Si axis is being aware of the limits (which Si is aware of) and innovating within them.

Se and Ni axis would probably be in the form of intuitively acting on physical impulses. The unconscious Ni perhaps is what enables Se to be optimistic, and thus carefree, about the consequences.

Si and Ne axis sees things that are new and different (Ne) and seeks to maintain them according to internal proper forms and standards (Si).

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

He's extremely rude. He is arrogant to the point of counter-productivity and ignorance, often presuming himself to be the best authority possible on anything, with a real distaste for hearing that he is wrong. He seems to have essentially no constructive aim to his arguments. He has a huge tendency to use different forms of ad hominem fallacy. And lastly, he likes to ignore points, and ask questions and then not make use of the answers. A fundamental part of his arguing style is to simply act like you never said any of the things that proved him wrong, even if you quote them over and over again.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
He's extremely rude. He is arrogant to the point of counter-productivity and ignorance, often presuming himself to be the best authority possible on anything, with a real distaste for hearing that he is wrong. He seems to have essentially no constructive aim to his arguments. He has a huge to tendency to use different forms of ad hominem fallacy. And lasty, he likes to ignore points, and ask questions and then not make use of the answers. A fundamental part of his arguing style is to simply act like you never said anything of the things that proved him wrong, even if you quote them over and over agian.

Interesting.
It sounds like you and he have had quite a few go-arounds, Magic!

Thanks for the nod.

redacted

You know, mitzy, you might want to embrace being an ESFP. They basically don't exist on this forum, so it would make you special.

She isn't. Definitely ETP at least.

She's ENTP. She just doesn't care about most of this bullshit. Makes me wonder why I do.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
He's extremely rude. He is arrogant to the point of counter-productivity and ignorance, often presuming himself to be the best authority possible on anything, with a real distaste for hearing that he is wrong. He seems to have essentially no constructive aim to his arguments. He has a huge to tendency to use different forms of ad hominem fallacy. And lasty, he likes to ignore points, and ask questions and then not make use of the answers. A fundamental part of his arguing style is to simply act like you never said anything of the things that proved him wrong, even if you quote them over and over agian.

Ironically, these are the reasons I like him.