• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Do you not think that one's personality could also shape his appearance?

Perhaps in the matters of appearance that can be controlled by the person (e.g., clothing, make-up, general style, etc...). However my profile picture only reveals my face, and I don't think that personality had much control over how that turned out.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
How does one look like an ESFJ?

Good natural non-awkward smile, looks like you keep up on your appearance and are neat and orderly, you seem to have some emotion in your facial expression.

Some people are very accurate at visual ID. Most of it I think is just an intuitive vibe.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Good natural non-awkward smile, looks like you keep up on your appearance and are neat and orderly, you seem to have some emotion in your facial expression.

Ah, I see where you're coming from. If you couldn't tell, the picture I posted was a formal pic taken by a photographer, so I had to smile and had to be fairly well manicured (unless I wanted to pay for yet another horrible pic of myself).

Edit: About the visual ID...I think it requires more than just a snapshot of someone. A lot is revealed by a person's mannerisms, continual facial expressions, clothing, and interaction style (to name just a few things). I could never accurately type someone from a photo, I don't think.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Ah, I see where you're coming from. If you couldn't tell, the picture I posted was a formal pic taken by a photographer, so I had to smile and had to be fairly well manicured (unless I wanted to pay for yet another horrible pic of myself).

Yeah I'd say someone in a natural situation would be a lot better picture to guess someone's type from.

If you think you're an INTP, you should be happy, we're the best type for sure :cool:

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Yeah I'd say someone in a natural situation would be a lot better picture to guess someone's type from.

Yes better, but still not good. I have a hard time typing celebrities even after having watched several of their interviews, seen them move around and behave, and express their opinions. If it's hard to get an accurate read on someone even after having seen all of that, then it must be near impossible to do so from seeing just one or two pictures.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Yes better, but still not good. I have a hard time typing celebrities even after having watched several of their interviews, seen them move around and behave, and express their opinions. If it's hard to get an accurate read on someone even after having seen all of that, then it must be near impossible to do so from seeing just one or two pictures.

People who are really into MBTI have an easier time typing people than ones who might have just been introduced to it. Ever read some of the What's my Type? and Popular Culture and Type threads?

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
People who are really into MBTI have an easier time typing people than ones who might have just been introduced to it. Ever read some of the What's my Type? and Popular Culture and Type threads?

Yes, I've read them. And participated ('cause they're fun).

redacted

I actually disagree. It's harder for me to type people now, because there's so much variation in behavior within type.

Whereas before I'd just type people and be wrong more often.

I get it right now, but it's just a hard thing to do. (Some cases are easy obviously, but not all.)

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I actually disagree. It's harder for me to type people now, because there's so much variation in behavior within type.

Really? It was easier to type people when you knew less about MBTI? Or are you trying to say something else?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
ajblaise is INFP, and he knows it. 'Tis a common masquerade.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
ajblaise is INFP, and he knows it. 'Tis a common masquerade.

huh.. that's funny I was going to call you an F in this thread.

I've never been called an F before, so I'd like to hear you explain the reasoning maybe.

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
Omg, you two are everywhere together! :wubbie:

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ

Some people are very accurate at visual ID. Most of it I think is just an intuitive vibe.

I doubt people would guess ESFJ for me based on a candid picture. Most of that description sounds like me, although I laugh or smirk more often than I smile.