• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Does anyone have any thoughts on my socionics type?(I'm pretty settled with most of my typing overall, but if anyone wants to debate it go ahead).

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Does anyone have any thoughts on my socionics type?(I'm pretty settled with most of my typing overall, but if anyone wants to debate it go ahead).

Just to start up discussion for this, I'm going to put in a vote for SEI-Si. I'm no experct in socionics, which is mostly why I have held my tongue up to this point, but with the interaction I've had with you to this point I think I can at the very least say something (or make an educated guess that will be close-ish to where you fit) Looking at EII vs SEI as a whole, which are the two types you're considering, I think it's fairly obvious that it can at least be narrowed down to SEI-Si or EII-Fi, as you are relatively withdrawn and, even from a mbti sense, seem to cater towards your more introverted functions anyways. You don't seem excessively socionics Fe anyhow, though it's obvious enough that you have at least some degree of competency in the feeling information elements in general. By both quadra and reinen dichotomies, SEI is the "lighter" choice if that makes any sense at all, EII is often depicted as rather serious, rigid, and focused while you seem to be more fluid and free form from the interactions we have had. In terms of the dichotomies themselves, you come across as an irrational type (p in socionics). sp9 also works quite well with the socionics description of Si, both seem to fit you quite decently.

(again, this is mostly to get conversation started)

ALSO FIGHT ME TYPOC I'M GOING WITH 3W4 CORE NOW THAT I'M NOT HAVING AN EXISTENTIAL CRISIS EVERY DAY, FIGHT ME IF YOU DARE

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I found an old message by myself saying "Inb4 my friends were right, I'm ENTJ spiralling into Fi, and that's why the Fi is showing so badly," and I legit choked so hard because I can't decide between slapping myself, gawking in shock, and dying of laughter.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sometimes I wonder if I have enough tact to be typed an --FJ.

the secret is it takes years for Fe to properly learn this said tact. Although personally I have never found you "untactful".

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm curious whether people think I'm more of a 7w8 or 8w7 (or whether my original 3 typing was correct)

Chase123

MBTI Type
ESxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Clearly an ISTP.

Interesting because I've taken a break for a while and really think that I'm an ISTP 9w8 or 6w5. I really resonate to characters and people who share that type/enneagram. If I may ask what made you come to that conclusion?

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
[MENTION=32874]Vendrah[/MENTION] seems ST, S-dominant. Lots of straight info and data, high investment in metrics and provability (Te). I'm uncertain at this point if this is SeTe or SiTe, but I lean SiTe because of an apparent discomfort with things (information, definitions, etc) not aligning with what is known and previously defined. He also seems to be building a system based from information already available rather than actively seeking out novel information/experience, so SiTe would make sense.

I don't claim to be an expert on function typing, but ST is really all I'm seeing.

S and N dominants have "missing information/missing picture" syndrome and tend to only see half the board. This is not an insult... all types have an equal deficit in some way.

RadicalDoubt

MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=29921]awbro[/MENTION] I think the ISFJ typing fits you better than ENTP from what I've seen from you (although I could easily see ISTJ or INTP with accented Si working for you as well based on our interactions). I only mention this because I see you've retyped as such.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
[MENTION=32874]Vendrah[/MENTION] seems ST, S-dominant. Lots of straight info and data, high investment in metrics and provability (Te). I'm uncertain at this point if this is SeTe or SiTe, but I lean SiTe because of an apparent discomfort with things (information, definitions, etc) not aligning with what is known and previously defined. He also seems to be building a system based from information already available rather than actively seeking out novel information/experience, so SiTe would make sense.

I don't claim to be an expert on function typing, but ST is really all I'm seeing.

S and N dominants have "missing information/missing picture" syndrome and tend to only see half the board. This is not an insult... all types have an equal deficit in some way.

EDIT: "Softned" the message.

I had create 3 different systems of typing, personally I am actually on the 6th but 3 remain in private.
I am the guy swimming against the current.
So that must be Si and Te, right? Super traditional! Well, not really.

Anyway, I dont think we should extend this conversation, because I know you are extending an unhappy conversation that comes from the Sum Typing thread and another part coming from the graveyard. I know you didnt came here to clarify my type - that is super obvious. I rather not even try to figure out your motives here because I fear what they might be.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
[MENTION=29921]awbro[/MENTION] I think the ISFJ typing fits you better than ENTP from what I've seen from you (although I could easily see ISTJ or INTP with accented Si working for you as well based on our interactions). I only mention this because I see you've retyped as such.

[MENTION=29921]awbro[/MENTION] is super difficult to type XD.
I had suggested EXXP earlier, but I am somewhat unsure.

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hmm, out of the people on this page:
[MENTION=34313]RadicalDoubt[/MENTION] I'm not saying it's impossible, but I am curious as to why you type as ISFJ in MBTI yet LII in Socionics. The main reason I ask of this is because the way you communicate reminds me a lot of Robo/Bismuth's forum posts, have you considered being SEI in Socionics?
[MENTION=29921]awbro[/MENTION] Idk what you are, but reading through the way you explain certain things I'd just go broadly with IxxJ of some sort for now.

Charus I believe to be an IxFP of some sort based on interactions I have had with the individual on other forums.

If anyone has any typings of me, bring em on.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
EDIT: "Softned" the message.

I had create 3 different systems of typing, personally I am actually on the 6th but 3 remain in private.
I am the guy swimming against the current.
So that must be Si and Te, right? Super traditional! Well, not really.

Anyway, I dont think we should extend this conversation, because I know you are extending an unhappy conversation that comes from the Sum Typing thread and another part coming from the graveyard. I know you didnt came here to clarify my type - that is super obvious. I rather not even try to figure out your motives here because I fear what they might be.

I'm actually not upset about anything, other than the fact that the mods continue to take an authoritarian approach to censoring the forum and exerting control where none is needed. I don't dislike you, nor am I "out to get you". I actually went back and edited my own message after the fact to soften some edges as well, not because I intended to be harsh originally, but because I don't always filter things that way in the first place. Also, like I said, I claim no super powers for typing functions. I can see certain things pretty clearly, but sometimes it takes me awhile to filter through details or nuances.

I was unaware that you had developed so many systems. I think that would potentially lead me to conclude Se is more appropriate. I would still stick with Se for the time being because all I'm really seeing from you is pretty concrete stuff.

For the record, I'm not in the "intuitives are better than sensors" camp, so if for some reason you felt offended, just know that that's not a message I deliver.

You certainly don't have to agree with me. I wouldn't if someone said some shit to me that didn't make sense (although I also don't feel offended by others' typings of me anymore... it's not super personal or tied to my identity). You also don't have to like me if you don't want to.

RadicalDoubt

MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmm, out of the people on this page:
[MENTION=34313]RadicalDoubt[/MENTION] I'm not saying it's impossible, but I am curious as to why you type as ISFJ in MBTI yet LII in Socionics. The main reason I ask of this is because the way you communicate reminds me a lot of Robo/Bismuth's forum posts, have you considered being SEI in Socionics?
I have considered it and am actually looking into the possibility currently. Definitions of the functions from mbti to socionics differ to a notable degree. Currently, it's easier to see myself in Ti than Si (as I'm very quick to neglect my personal comfort and socionics Si really gets into the more abstract attentiveness to sensation and having like, deep impressions of things which is something I don't experience at all whereas mbti Si is a bit more watered down and defines a style of thought I guess). I also have difficulty seeing high dimensional Fi (and have considered and been video typed as Fi polR before) because, like Se, how Fi is described in socionics is completely foreign to the way I experience the world. Nonetheless, I know considerably less about socionics than the mbti, so as I get deeper into it I may realize I'm wrong and type as something else (ie. IEI, SEI, maybe even SLE may be alternative possibilities if LII seems incorrect, I just have to get more versed in the theory as I've had very little time with school to do so). People tend to vary on their mbti type and socionics type, but I can definitely see how my variance might be too separated to work. In terms of mbti anyways, I tend to consider myself somewhat of a jumper anyways (ie. With the more fluid stack/what I've heard about objective personality I may be Si-Ti-Other functions rather than truly high/well developed Fe).

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have considered it and am actually looking into the possibility currently. Definitions of the functions from mbti to socionics differ to a notable degree. Currently, it's easier to see myself in Ti than Si (as I'm very quick to neglect my personal comfort and socionics Si really gets into the more abstract attentiveness to sensation and having like, deep impressions of things which is something I don't experience at all whereas mbti Si is a bit more watered down and defines a style of thought I guess). I also have difficulty seeing high dimensional Fi (and have considered and been video typed as Fi polR before) because, like Se, how Fi is described in socionics is completely foreign to the way I experience the world. Nonetheless, I know considerably less about socionics than the mbti, so as I get deeper into it I may realize I'm wrong and type as something else (ie. IEI, SEI, maybe even SLE may be alternative possibilities if LII seems incorrect, I just have to get more versed in the theory as I've had very little time with school to do so). People tend to vary on their mbti type and socionics type, but I can definitely see how my variance might be too separated to work. In terms of mbti anyways, I tend to consider myself somewhat of a jumper anyways (ie. With the more fluid stack/what I've heard about objective personality I may be Si-Ti-Other functions rather than truly high/well developed Fe).

Hmm regarding those alternative possibilities, I would say if IEI, SEI and LII are in consideration SLE probably shouldn't be. IEI, SEI and LII all have weak Se in common (LII being Se PoLR, IEI also having 1D Se though duals can often mistype as each other and while SEI has 3D Se, it runs in antithesis to their lead function so Si is always their preferred method of sensing - Se leads would have that in reverse neglecting Si comfort in order to exert their Se pressure). I think either way you value Si/Ne.

Do you have any opinion on my type since I've given a few on yours? In regards to MBTI/Socionics of course, we did have a good discussion about enneagram a while back though. I'm absolutely confident now on valuing Se/Ni but I honestly could see 4 or 5 of those types as fitting, being EIE, LIE, ILI (which I could see in both socionics and their "equivalents" in MBTI) and then in socionics I could also see SLE and SEE tbh (although probably not Ti PoLR, but it's been suggested) - that being said the first 3 are definitely the 3 most likely imo.