• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I feel like neither one of you is e9. You lucky lucky lucky luck boys.

Thank God none of this is real or maybe you wouldn't be allowed into Buddhist temples anymore or something.

How dare you!

I'm so e9 I let people borrow money knowing they'll never pay it back, and spend years quietly resenting them for it while outwardly giving the impression that everything is all good...

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I let people borrow money knowing they'll never pay it back, and spend years quietly resenting them for it while outwardly giving the impression that everything is all good...

I’d be more amused by this if it didn’t so accurately describe how I am when I lend people money and things. Why do they never repay?

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's interesting, but the optimism of e9 being more (in one part) about a refusal to give up can be seen really clearly in the way we are constantly shifting. These shifts come from an awareness of the melody reality is playing and a desire to harmonize with it in order to attempt to re-enter holy love. Empathy with this melody of reality and humanity is why a 9 never truly gives up, when a 9 is attempting to create narratives it's kind of the way Umberto Eco's conception of infinite interpretation works if I'm recalling that correctly. We don't have membranes to our conception of reality because we're constantly reinterpreting it and thus, ourselves which similarly lack these membranes. In our psychology, there's no end and so, no reason to give up. If this is not it, then another way of approaching or looking at things can be. Another interpretation.

I think I've finally figured it out and I can feel it but mapping it to words isn't working out that well. Oh well. I needed to put this down somewhere and I was here.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I’d be more amused by this if it didn’t so accurately describe how I am when I lend people money and things. Why do they never repay?

I, strangely enough, don't identify with this at all. I don't usually give people things I expect to have returned in any way.

But I don't have too much trouble addressing that sort of thing, because I can often tell I'm not just being extra in doing so. I feel like it's important enough to put in the discomfort and effort or else lines are being crossed, which is way less comfortable for me than addressing things. Sometimes I just can't be bothered though.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I, strangely enough, don't identify with this at all. I don't usually give people things I expect to have returned in any way.

But I don't have too much trouble addressing that sort of thing, because I can often tell I'm not just being extra in doing so. I feel like it's important enough to put in the discomfort and effort or else lines are being crossed, which is way less comfortable for me than addressing things. Sometimes I just can't be bothered though.

I had to stop lending money. Only a very select few people now, who I know will actually repay.

Now, if I give someone money, that’s different. I don’t expect them to find a way to make up for it if I already established it’s a gift. I can’t stand it when someone “gives” me something and stresses no need to repay only to later try to hold it over my head in an attempt to guilt me into doing something or giving them something.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm certain that if I posted a video of myself, there would be no question that I am someone with strong Fe. To the extent that the fact that I could consider ESFJ a possibility wouldn't seem strange at all. I'm extremely expressive but I think most people have solidified their heuristic of me based off when I was nearly catatonic in my depression, which is a terrible benchmark to take but ok. In reality, you can even see some of how expressive I am in the fact that I mirror even in my online interactions and tend to have no capacity for monosyllabic forms of expression. On the daily, I often find people who aren't very expressive and are essentially what could be referred to as Fi, to be confusing in a sense.

I understand that people have often clung to the erroneous idea that I want to be a type (ISFJ) when the fact of the matter is, that couldn't be further from the truth. I am so beyond that and have been for years, I am not one of those people who needs type because they are not able to stand on their own. I think they are weak in a way I cannot manage to be as a grown woman and I detest being counted among those people to be honest. I would never have managed to grow past the teenage girl who once needed type if I wanted to be a type past my teens. Nor would I be someone who sees constricting limitations of type as suffocating, someone who sees it all as ultimately worthless if I were someone who wanted to be a type. I wouldn't be who I am today if I could settle for just being a type, I wouldn't have gotten there if I could do that past my teens.

The latter common accusation being the most important part of all of this, obviously. The former issue only serving to lead into it. It does not matter at all what people would like to think I am, it is all not real. And so it is equally easy not to care that xSFJ is the pariah. It doesn't need to be framed through the lens of "e4 hipster", it doesn't need to be shoehorned into such things when I am something greater than any of this inherently, a person. Which is what must be considered in order to find the truth, for the person I am is a component of reality in the way what type I "am" is not.

Chase123

MBTI Type
ESxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm pretty certain I'm an ESTP. Unless someone disagrees with me! :shrug:

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sometimes I wonder if I have enough tact to be typed an --FJ.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
From today onwards, I will be ENFP 721 so/sp, 100%, no going back, haw-yee

EDIT: nevermind this is too much energy for me

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
From today onwards, I will be ENFP 721 so/sp, 100%, no going back, haw-yee

EDIT: nevermind this is too much energy for me
There's another one, skewing the site's type statistics for no good reason. For shame.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Does anyone have any thoughts on my socionics type?(I'm pretty settled with most of my typing overall, but if anyone wants to debate it go ahead).

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Does anyone have any thoughts on my socionics type?(I'm pretty settled with most of my typing overall, but if anyone wants to debate it go ahead).

Just to start up discussion for this, I'm going to put in a vote for SEI-Si. I'm no experct in socionics, which is mostly why I have held my tongue up to this point, but with the interaction I've had with you to this point I think I can at the very least say something (or make an educated guess that will be close-ish to where you fit) Looking at EII vs SEI as a whole, which are the two types you're considering, I think it's fairly obvious that it can at least be narrowed down to SEI-Si or EII-Fi, as you are relatively withdrawn and, even from a mbti sense, seem to cater towards your more introverted functions anyways. You don't seem excessively socionics Fe anyhow, though it's obvious enough that you have at least some degree of competency in the feeling information elements in general. By both quadra and reinen dichotomies, SEI is the "lighter" choice if that makes any sense at all, EII is often depicted as rather serious, rigid, and focused while you seem to be more fluid and free form from the interactions we have had. In terms of the dichotomies themselves, you come across as an irrational type (p in socionics). sp9 also works quite well with the socionics description of Si, both seem to fit you quite decently.

(again, this is mostly to get conversation started)

ALSO FIGHT ME TYPOC I'M GOING WITH 3W4 CORE NOW THAT I'M NOT HAVING AN EXISTENTIAL CRISIS EVERY DAY, FIGHT ME IF YOU DARE

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I found an old message by myself saying "Inb4 my friends were right, I'm ENTJ spiralling into Fi, and that's why the Fi is showing so badly," and I legit choked so hard because I can't decide between slapping myself, gawking in shock, and dying of laughter.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sometimes I wonder if I have enough tact to be typed an --FJ.

the secret is it takes years for Fe to properly learn this said tact. Although personally I have never found you "untactful".

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm curious whether people think I'm more of a 7w8 or 8w7 (or whether my original 3 typing was correct)