• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
So after taking another self-typing break, I decided to take a Socionics test again. I felt really confident in most of my answers for once, and I tested as IEE, but with a nearly equal chance of being EII (99% as likely). I've had a really hard time determining if I am an ENFP or INFP. Generally, on MBTI functions tests, I come out as an INFP (almost every single time forever now). But, if I take a perceiver vs judger test, I come out as a perciever, which would have me leading with Ne over Fi.

I am perfectly comfortable leaving it as NFP, but I am wondering if anyone feels like they have some sort of insight into my behaviors through observation.

And yes, I changed my tritype to 458 because in all actuality, I have never not tested as a 458 Sp/Sx, and I think it weirdly makes sense (double withdrawn, double reactive, sort of equal between feeling and intellect, borderline mentally insane, BLAH BLAH BLAH). All logic for this tritype would point to INFP between the two of them, but I seem to be the poster child for ambiversion. Habitually, I am an extremely lazy, stagnant individual, which has me leaning toward INFP, but I also relate highly to inferior Si and seem more comfortable with Te-style of communication than most INFPs. I think under depression, I tend to Fi-Si loop and lose all hope, but under certain types of stress (sometimes immense stress), I jump straight to Ne-Te looping and just do some random shit to keep me distracted and busy. I guess I just feel like a weird hybrid with an on/off switch who struggles to find any real direction in life, historically speaking.

This concludes my word vomit.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
So after taking another self-typing break, I decided to take a Socionics test again. I felt really confident in most of my answers for once, and I tested as IEE, but with a nearly equal chance of being EII (99% as likely). I've had a really hard time determining if I am an ENFP or INFP. Generally, on MBTI functions tests, I come out as an INFP (almost every single time forever now). But, if I take a perceiver vs judger test, I come out as a perciever, which would have me leading with Ne over Fi.

I am perfectly comfortable leaving it as NFP, but I am wondering if anyone feels like they have some sort of insight into my behaviors through observation.

And yes, I changed my tritype to 458 because in all actuality, I have never not tested as a 458 Sp/Sx, and I think it weirdly makes sense (double withdrawn, double reactive, sort of equal between feeling and intellect, borderline mentally insane, BLAH BLAH BLAH). All logic for this tritype would point to INFP between the two of them, but I seem to be the poster child for ambiversion. Habitually, I am an extremely lazy, stagnant individual, which has me leaning toward INFP, but I also relate highly to inferior Si and seem more comfortable with Te-style of communication than most INFPs. I think under depression, I tend to Fi-Si loop and lose all hope, but under certain types of stress (sometimes immense stress), I jump straight to Ne-Te looping and just do some random shit to keep me distracted and busy. I guess I just feel like a weird hybrid with an on/off switch who struggles to find any real direction in life, historically speaking.

This concludes my word vomit.

I enjoyed reading your word vomit, thanks for sharing like the caring mother bird you are :D I can’t say I have any definitive type leanings for you at the moment, and what you’ve shared makes a lot of sense, though your post also has me thinking (generally speaking, incoming tangent!) Are there ways to identify and separate what constitutes a negative looping behavior, or inferior function acting out, or enneagram etc, to common behaviors and sentiments shared by a more common audience, given the same or similar circumstances? I wonder because, your post had me think of what I feel is me retracting into my inferior Si after a long period of depressed feelings and anxiety, or under extreme stress, and it’s hard not to also equate the behavior and attitude during those periods to Depression, or at least, a mild passing depressive period. I’ve been diagnosed with Dysthymia some years ago so that’s where my line of thought comes from, but ya, your post got me thinking along those lines. Interesting.

Anyways! Out of curiosity, have you ever looked into the SFP types? I’m not suggesting you may be one nor do I have any leanings towards that direction for you, but I’m just curious as SFPs and NFPs can look very similar in many regards IMO. To throw it out there, if I were to consider an alternate typing for myself, I’d most likely go down the ESFP route. Hmm...I think I might explore that avenue again actually, might be fun :happy2:

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I enjoyed reading your word vomit, thanks for sharing like the caring mother bird you are :D I can't say I have any definitive type leanings for you at the moment, and what you've shared makes a lot of sense, though your post also has me thinking (generally speaking, incoming tangent!) Are there ways to identify and separate what constitutes a negative looping behavior, or inferior function acting out, or enneagram etc, to common behaviors and sentiments shared by a more common audience, given the same or similar circumstances? I wonder because, your post had me think of what I feel is me retracting into my inferior Si after a long period of depressed feelings and anxiety, or under extreme stress, and it's hard not to also equate the behavior and attitude during those periods to Depression, or at least, a mild passing depressive period. I've been diagnosed with Dysthymia some years ago so that's where my line of thought comes from, but ya, your post got me thinking along those lines. Interesting. Anyways! Out of curiosity, have you ever looked into the SFP types? I'm not suggesting you may be one nor do I have any leanings towards that direction for you, but I'm just curious as SFPs and NFPs can look very similar in many regards IMO. To throw it out there, if I were to consider an alternate typing for myself, I'd most likely go down the ESFP route. Hmm...I think I might explore that avenue again actually, might be fun :happy2:
Yes, I have explored SFP. I'm 100% sure I'm not ESFP, and I'm 75% sure I'm not ISFP. I don't have a concrete connection to the outside world, and that's something I've been aware of for ages (since before discovering typology). I do that thing where I look at things without actually looking at them, if that makes sense, and when I move about, I'm not actually looking at anything. Example: If I go to the break room at work right now, I'm going to walk from point A to point B without looking at anyone or anything, and if I do look at something, I won't fully absorb the details of what I'm looking at. There could be a display of brand new dog treats right next to me, and I'd never notice unless something particular catches my eye (say a shade of green that is pretty or packaging that appeals to my tastes, and even then, that rarely happens).
I've noticed a lot of backlash against Ne use in me, hahaha.
The 458 tritype is most commonly associated with INFP, INFJ, and INTJ. It's a very abstract tritype.

Lyra.I

First of Her Name
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=28337]Metis[/MENTION] - disagree all you want, that question (and all the others) are adapted from the official mbtionline website.

That one in particular is the least "adapted".

Re: Te in ENFP - not a thing.
I don't believe in the Harold Grant cognitive functions stack - the official stance is that the tertiary function is in the opposite direction of the dominant function as per table 3.3 of the latest MBTI manual.

T types critique ideas initially - they really want to know if it makes logical sense, can it work, not being douches just.. "does this work" and they scout out flaws in doing this.

F types welcome them initially, great for getting on board, less great at helping identify flaws.

When i first read about the functions, i couldn't even wrap my head around the idea of Ti, saying that i don't relate to it would be an understatement. Te on the other hand, i relate to so much that i can trace its manifestation back to childhood when i didn't know anything about typology (as in, i don't think it is something i came to believe in/relate to after reading about the functions, i've always been Te oriented in the way i use logic). ENFPS are so Te it hurts. But then again, the way we see things is gonna differ based on our experiences with people and you've probably been building on the theory you believe in as much as i have on the one i believe in, so it doesn't really matter XD

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Yes, I have explored SFP. I'm 100% sure I'm not ESFP, and I'm 75% sure I'm not ISFP. I don't have a concrete connection to the outside world, and that's something I've been aware of for ages (since before discovering typology). I do that thing where I look at things without actually looking at them, if that makes sense, and when I move about, I'm not actually looking at anything. Example: If I go to the break room at work right now, I'm going to walk from point A to point B without looking at anyone or anything, and if I do look at something, I won't fully absorb the details of what I'm looking at. There could be a display of brand new dog treats right next to me, and I'd never notice unless something particular catches my eye (say a shade of green that is pretty or packaging that appeals to my tastes, and even then, that rarely happens).
The 458 tritype is most commonly associated with INFP, INFJ, and INTJ. It's a very abstract tritype.

Ahh I see I see, ya I totally get ya. And likewise, it's a bizarro sort of existence isn't it? The whole "I'm present, but not really sort of existence". At least compared to what we can only imagine others' experiences are like, part of why I love exploring personality type and more generally, figuring out how people think and view the world, it's fascinating to get to see through someone else's eyes just briefly, as you speak with them :happy2:

But ya, returning to that removed sort of reality, for me it feels like I'm only ever taking snapshots of what's around me, then from my experiences and impressions of things, I fill in all the blanks to create a new reality. Those snapshots aren't all that wide in scope either but are focused on elements within my environment, be that a physical object, an idea thrown out by someone, a sound or smell, anything outside of me really. Yup...innnteresting stuff :)

Lyra.I

First of Her Name
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

oh i relate to all of it soooooooo much right down to the dog treats, especially the walking from point A to point B thing XD i have a couple of friends who always complain that i just pass them by in halls not even looking at them and they're left standing there, waving lol. I'm always looking at diff things when i'm talking about stuff, while not actually looking at them or taking in the visual sensory detail. I've seen you on some other threads and i did get more INFP vibes from you but you know yourself better than anyone else.
You could easily be an ENFP, i mean why not? XD if your tritype happens to be associated with other types generally, you could always be the exception to the rule :3

Lyra.I

First of Her Name
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Te being a valid cognitive function or not, an ENFP is likely to take a somewhat more "practical" position on the matter when it comes down to making a decision on it, I think, than an ENTP. The ENFP will brainstorm and "yes, and" for the sake of entertaining/interesting conversation, and the ENTP will also brainstorm ways that something WON'T work (which might be just as farfetched as the idea itself, depending on the stakes), but neither is going to be a type that approaches a conversation like this: "Let me tell you why that plan won't work," or "Let me tell you why Statement A is false, according to Source 1, Presupposition G, and Principle 4.a, and why Statement B is the correct statement for the textbooks." It isn't the Ne Way. If an ENTP tells you why a plan won't work, it's likely that the ENTP is taking the plan seriously and looking for ways to make it more likely to work; it's a brainstorming exercise. If an ISTJ tells you why it won't work, it comes across more like a veto. If an ENFP tells you why it won't work, it's more likely to come across as a kind explanation of why s/he has decided against it; actually, I think an ENFP is less likely to get into WHY it won't work, at that point. But if s/he does explain why, it's not likely to feel like a brainstorming session, so much as a serious Group Discussion on a matter that needs resolving.

I don't know about ENFPs in general but i can speak for myself from some experience. When brainstorming an idea in a group, if i see possible reasons as to why it won't work, i just lay out my reasoning to the other group members as clearly as possible, almost immediately. I guess i AM nice about it though, never dismissive (unless there's someone who ran my patience out making me more blunt). And my stances while making decisions do lean towards the practical/logical side, but there's some exceptions to that, like when the practical thing to do is not morally sound according to my value system ..or with things i strongly believe in, say, following your passion/dreams/goals however "unrealistic" they may seem (as long as you're smart in how you go about achieving them XD).

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I feel like I'll never know my true core enneagram lol.

Person viewing this: HE'S AN E6 or an E9! ONLY WAY!

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I feel like I'll never know my true core enneagram lol.

Person viewing this: HE'S AN E6 or an E9! ONLY WAY!

64...9?

RUNS AWAY LIKE THE 9... or maybe 6... or maybe whatever I am too!

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No. I still think you are a social 4.
That doesn't mean I am right, but that's my opinion.

Opinions are okay to have.

I have odd fears like: what if all my life is just regrets and unfulfilled true desires? should I do a real unconventional career? will I ever love again? etc.

64...9?

RUNS AWAY LIKE THE 9... or maybe 6... or maybe whatever I am too!

I feel my recent problems have been running away from reality. (I don't want to see my bills, I really don't want to talk to strangers, I don't know if people will get me, etc.)

Haha 9! RUN RUN RUN

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Opinions are okay to have.

I have odd fears like: what if all my life is just regrets and unfulfilled true desires? should I do a real unconventional career? will I ever love again? etc.

I feel my recent problems have been running away from reality. (I don't want to see my bills, I really don't want to talk to strangers, I don't know if people will get me, etc.)

Haha 9! RUN RUN RUN

You sorta sound like an IXFP. I mean, those sound like Fi fears a bit, if I had to take a stab at it. Looping stuff. I can relate, regardless.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You sorta sound like an IXFP. I mean, those sound like Fi fears a bit, if I had to take a stab at it. Looping stuff. I can relate, regardless.

I can see that. I have worries about me rejecting some girls in the past, who I thought later when everything clicked I was like why was I so dumb back then! Maybe something could've actually worked!

One girl from XC team. Moody AF. But extremely hard worker and now she's even fitter af.
Girl who I dated online, attachment disorder lol. Added me back years later on FB, deleted her again out of fear.
Then there were two very pretty girls who took interest in me after hs. I rejected talking much with them out of sheer insecurity, one got married.. still stares and smiles at me. (makes me worry about their marriage) another, got frustrated with me and ignored me and has a boyfriend now.

I'm like WHAT COULD HAVE IT BEEN LIKE??

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

I have a suspicion, [MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION], if you shared these sorts of thoughts more often with people, you may find yourself pleasantly surprised as I personally don’t consider them to be all that odd at all :shrug:

The times I’ve run into other NFPs, it was because I decided to open my mouth and let the idealistic, future-focused mumbo jumbo come out, and sure enough, the other person instantly knew what I was talking about. I mean, ya, I tend to get a sense after interacting with someone if they may be the same or similar type as me, but it’s when we share these sorts of bigger picture questions with one another, do we find that we aren’t really all that alone after all :)

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have a suspicion, @Forever, if you shared these sorts of thoughts more often with people, you may find yourself pleasantly surprised as I personally don’t consider them to be all that odd at all :shrug:

The times I’ve run into other NFPs, it was because I decided to open my mouth and let the idealistic, future-focused mumbo jumbo come out, and sure enough, the other person instantly knew what I was talking about. I mean, ya, I tend to get a sense after interacting with someone if they may be the same or similar type as me, but it’s when we share these sorts of bigger picture questions with one another, do we find that we aren’t really all that alone after all :)

It just seems all I feel for is lust and maybe at most light infatuation for women, I don't ever have real deep feelings for somebody. Except for one person not too long ago, who's a minor celebrity. But I'm sad I lost all longings for this person now and it's now just a memory. I miss staying up late just to cherish the intense feelings I have for someone. To think about 24/7 and have it be acceptable to think that because the other person likes me too. To have every conversation in my head with someone and say wow, she'd totally dig that. and it'd be true.

Sometimes I think people don't know what love is anymore. It's just exaggerated and prepared lust for someone. Rationally, I think I'm very wrong. I just don't feel like it though.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
It just seems all I feel for is lust and maybe at most light infatuation for women, I don't ever have real deep feelings for somebody. Except for one person not too long ago, who's a minor celebrity. But I'm sad I lost all longings for this person now and it's now just a memory. I miss staying up late just to cherish the intense feelings I have for someone. To think about 24/7 and have it be acceptable to think that because the other person likes me too. To have every conversation in my head with someone and say wow, she'd totally dig that. and it'd be true.

Sometimes I think people don't know what love is anymore. It's just exaggerated and prepared lust for someone. Rationally, I think I'm very wrong. I just don't feel like it though.

Patience, young grasshopper. You have time and experiences to... er... experience.