• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Im just going to post it here, once, and then never again at least for a good while.

If I had to guess my own type it would be INFP 9w1 6w 4w5 so dominant EII.

And now, that is all.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But... but.... I'm a clear enneagram 4 and most often test as NFP.
I FUCKING QUIT.
*burns TypoC to the ground and moves to tropical island*

for these I got ISFP and ESTP
dayum that's NEVER happened to me LMAO

- - - Updated - - -

I got ESTP and INFJ LOL

we;re closet ESTPs forever. I knew it :p

Metis

I think it does, xNTP.
You just decide whether you prefer introversion or extraversion - or, if you prefer Ne-Ti, or Ti-Ne.

Here's two more for you, both are very short:

Simple MBTI style test.

Simple Cognitive Fun<wbr>ctions Quiz

If there appears to be a common theme, well, there we go.

ENFP & ENTP Ne-Ti-F-Si

But on the Simple Cognitive Fun<wbr>actions Quiz, the 2nd question was an absolute Neither/Nor question. I couldn't answer without bias.

On the Simple MBTI style test, this is what's giving me the F result:

...generally aim to point out flaws or inconsistencies... (in a new idea)

or:

...generally look for what is good, or right, about the idea...

I disagree that the difference between an ENTP and an ENFP is that the ENTP would try to disprove the idea foremost and the ENFP would humor it. That's not what I've seen. I actually think it's the opposite. An ENFP, maybe due to Te, is more likely, in practice, to veto an idea, and an ENTP is more likely to humor it and even brainstorm reasons it might be valid.

Turi

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=28337]Metis[/MENTION] - disagree all you want, that question (and all the others) are adapted from the official mbtionline website.

That one in particular is the least "adapted".

Re: Te in ENFP - not a thing.
I don't believe in the Harold Grant cognitive functions stack - the official stance is that the tertiary function is in the opposite direction of the dominant function as per table 3.3 of the latest MBTI manual.

T types critique ideas initially - they really want to know if it makes logical sense, can it work, not being douches just.. "does this work" and they scout out flaws in doing this.

F types welcome them initially, great for getting on board, less great at helping identify flaws.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
ENFP & ENTP Ne-Ti-F-Si

But on the Simple Cognitive Fun<wbr>actions Quiz, the 2nd question was an absolute Neither/Nor question. I couldn't answer without bias.

On the Simple MBTI style test, this is what's giving me the F result:

...generally aim to point out flaws or inconsistencies... (in a new idea)

or:

...generally look for what is good, or right, about the idea...

I disagree that the difference between an ENTP and an ENFP is that the ENTP would try to disprove the idea foremost and the ENFP would humor it. That's not what I've seen. I actually think it's the opposite. An ENFP, maybe due to Te, is more likely, in practice, to veto an idea, and an ENTP is more likely to humor it and even brainstorm reasons it might be valid.

I do both, but I answered the first, if I remember correctly. If it's a close intimate, I don't wanna see them fail, so I'll gently point out certain things. If it's someone less dear to me, I probably don't care as much. That was one of the harder questions for me.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
[MENTION=28337]Metis[/MENTION] - disagree all you want, that question (and all the others) are adapted from the official mbtionline website.

That one in particular is the least "adapted".

Re: Te in ENFP - not a thing.
I don't believe in the Harold Grant cognitive functions stack - the official stance is that the tertiary function is in the opposite direction of the dominant function as per table 3.3 of the latest MBTI manual.

T types critique ideas initially - they really want to know if it makes logical sense, can it work, not being douches just.. "does this work" and they scout out flaws in doing this.

F types welcome them initially, great for getting on board, less great at helping identify flaws.

Oh my god, get over yourself already.
Oh, my bad, narcissism isn't treatable.
Carry on.

Turi

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh my god, get over yourself already.
Oh, my bad, narcissism isn't treatable.
Carry on.

It's not narcissism, it's the truth.
That's one aspect of how T/F works.

That 4 question quiz isn't exactly comprehensive by any means, but the fact is, it's drawing from an aspect of each dichotomy preference, derived from official sources.
They are all questions that get to the heart of what each divide is about, imo, though.

Metis

[MENTION=28337]Re: Te in ENFP - not a thing.

It's not narcissism, it's the truth.
That's one aspect of how T/F works.

That 4 question quiz isn't exactly comprehensive by any means, but the fact is, it's drawing from an aspect of each dichotomy preference, derived from official sources.
They are all questions that get to the heart of what each divide is about, imo, though.

I think that for some type pairs, you might be able to use that, but it's more complicated than a T/F divide. It might work for INTJ/INFJ, for example, or for ISTJ/ISFJ. It would be interesting to test that, actually, with all F/T type pairs, and see how it correlates.

I do, however, think that it has a lot to do with the N function and how one uses it, so it's not a straightforward F/T matter. In the case of an ISFJ, the person might be willing to consider possibilities because it seems polite or kind, whereas an ENFP or ENTP might be in brainstorming mode or have more of a "Yes And" mindset when it comes to possibilities, rather than trying to be kind or accommodating. Te being a valid cognitive function or not, an ENFP is likely to take a somewhat more "practical" position on the matter when it comes down to making a decision on it, I think, than an ENTP. The ENFP will brainstorm and "yes, and" for the sake of entertaining/interesting conversation, and the ENTP will also brainstorm ways that something WON'T work (which might be just as farfetched as the idea itself, depending on the stakes), but neither is going to be a type that approaches a conversation like this: "Let me tell you why that plan won't work," or "Let me tell you why Statement A is false, according to Source 1, Presupposition G, and Principle 4.a, and why Statement B is the correct statement for the textbooks." It isn't the Ne Way. If an ENTP tells you why a plan won't work, it's likely that the ENTP is taking the plan seriously and looking for ways to make it more likely to work; it's a brainstorming exercise. If an ISTJ tells you why it won't work, it comes across more like a veto. If an ENFP tells you why it won't work, it's more likely to come across as a kind explanation of why s/he has decided against it; actually, I think an ENFP is less likely to get into WHY it won't work, at that point. But if s/he does explain why, it's not likely to feel like a brainstorming session, so much as a serious Group Discussion on a matter that needs resolving.

LOL! Super INTJ Style!

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
“Latest” version of MBTI manual is from 1998 lol...

It’s been like 20 years now.

Turi

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
“Latest” version of MBTI manual is from 1998 lol...

It’s been like 20 years now.

.and, what research since then has disproven the tertiary function as being in the opposite to the direction to the dominant function, and instead as being in the same direction as the dominant function?

A celebrity-types article about function "axis" won't cut it either.
I'm going to need some stone cold evidence in the form of credible research.

Shit, if you can provide me with even a single link supporting the validity of the cognitive functions in general, that would absolutely blow my mind because as far as I'm aware, it's nonexistent.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
.and, what research since then has disproven the tertiary function as being in the opposite to the direction to the dominant function, and instead as being in the same direction as the dominant function?

Shit, if you can provide me with even a single link supporting the validity of the cognitive functions in general, that would absolutely blow my mind because as far as I'm aware, it's nonexistent.

Typology as a whole is nonexistent.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

pokemon-backing-away-gif-7796886.gif

Turi

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

There are over 50 years of research and studies behind the dichotomy, it has some validity to it, but it is a soft science nonetheless.
Cognitive functions on the other hand are practically disproven.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Question. Possible that my 7 trifix has an 8 wing?

7 Wings - Enneagram

I relate to the somewhat lighter quality of 7w6, and the anxiety of it, but it’s way too grounded compared to these descriptions. Not to mention, when I notice myself being more 7, there’s usually a LOT of bravado there. And sometimes a level of competitiveness that makes me uncomfortable.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Neal Caffreynated

You're probably the most unanimously liked person on this entire forum. E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E likes you, including myself, and you just seem so friendly and unassuming.

However, it's with this said, like the wife of an in-the-closet homosexual state congressmen, I feel like despite every economic advantage and sense of security you've provided us with, I just can't live the lie anymore.

You're so ENFP it hurts like when I blistered my hands up trying to climb the robe dangling from the ceiling in elementary school gym class, and as soon as you and everyone else learns to accept it (somewhere, deep down, we all really knew where you going and what you were doing when you said you were working late and needed to take Julio the pool boy to work with you to help you sort your filing cabinets in your office), the sooner we can allow the healing process to begin.

Metis

@Neal Caffreynated

You're probably the most unanimously liked person on this entire forum. E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E likes you, including myself, and you just seem so friendly and unassuming.

However, it's with this said, like the wife of an in-the-closet homosexual state congressmen, I feel like despite every economic advantage and sense of security you've provided us with, I just can't live the lie anymore.

You're so ENFP it hurts like when I blistered my hands up trying to climb the robe dangling from the ceiling in elementary school gym class, and as soon as you and everyone else learns to accept it (somewhere, deep down, we all really knew where you going and what you were doing when you said you were working late and needed to take Julio the pool boy to work with you to help you sort your filing cabinets in your office), the sooner we can allow the healing process to begin.

Say it isn't so, Neal. 99% of ENFPs I know hate me. This can't be you!