• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I'm not, and guilt tripping doesn't work on me, nor is there anything I need to apologize for. Can't accept criticism, don't post. Simple as that. I didn't say anything infractionable.

The great majority of that "disgusting" post you've been fuming about involves associations/correlations of N with imagination/creativity/art from official MBTI sources, including the 1985 Manual. That manual was co-authored by Myers, and it devoted an entire section to "Studies of Creativity," including a series of MBTI studies done at UC Berkeley.

Do you think Isabel Myers had a "disgusting bias" in favor of N's, yama? Because if you do, allow me to inform you that Myers was adamant that the reason N's did better in school (for example) wasn't because N's were really smarter overall, but because our educational system wrongly favored N approaches in various ways. And she devoted quite a bit of Gifts Differing to that subject.

The title of Gifts Differing itself reflected Myers' belief that every preference came with characteristic strengths and weaknesses, and that no type should be viewed as better than any other on an overall basis.

But there was nothing inconsistent about Myers both believing that, and understanding that there was a substantial correlation — and as I emphasized at the end of my "disgusting" post, MBTI type is all about "tendencies and probabilities" — between an N preference and, e.g., preferring "imaginative" to "realistic," and being artistically creative.

Forever and OrangeAppled (among others) thanked that "disgusting" post of mine, yama. Do you think they have a "disgusting bias"? Or maybe they somehow failed to detect that disgusting "tone" of mine that you picked up on. And it looks like that's_not_my_name missed it, too. Or on the other hand, maybe the non-disgusting tone that those readers heard reflects my intent, and you're the one suffering from some kind of tone deafness here.

You said your post wasn't "infractionable," and I never said it was — and I virtually never report posts in any case. But that doesn't mean it wasn't wrong, and by wrong, I don't just mean factually wrong, I mean wrongful — as in offensive.

You said, "can't accept criticism, don't post." But I can accept criticism, and I can also defend myself against "criticism" that calls me out for "disgusting" conduct that I haven't engaged in.

And I also have a sufficient amount of intellectual integrity that I can't imagine calling out a fellow forumite for having a "disgusting bias" (or a similar charge) without being willing to explain myself and support my charges. But when that's_not_my_name asked you — twice — what you found problematic about my post (and noted that she didn't find it offensive), you refused to explain, while condescendingly telling her that if she couldn't "see the problem, ... I don't know if I can help you."

With all due respect, yama, if you're going to charge another forumite with anything along the lines of a "disgusting bias," and that person or anybody else asks you what you mean, I think you should feel obligated to offer an explanation, if for no other reason than to give the person you're attacking a fair opportunity to clear up any misunderstanding and/or otherwise defend themselves.

It's not a forum rules issue. It's more of a human decency issue.

Thanks for listening.

I want to analyze my brother character and know his type

1-he likes to be alone and isolated more than communicating with others

2-when I asked him about his wasted time he said "I just imagine and plan for the future,I can waste much time doing that"

3-when he isn't not interested in something and he doesn't see it's important ,he would delay it as much as he can

4-he told me before"there is a statement that says(if you want to change something then change your self)according to me it's wrong the right statement is (if you want to change something then you should have the power to do it)"

5-according to organization I will give him a percentage between 50% : 60%

6-he likes to have much knowledge , know many theories , and know how were these rules (small example like E=mc^2) concluded

7-he seems to be dead and absolutely cold due to (his dead emotion,the way he looks,the way he moves and speak)

8-he can't start conversations and he is bad in encouraging people

9-when he thinks he ignore what happens beside him it seems like he is in his own world

10-he hates to be forced

11-he tries to analyze people feelings,sayings, predict their next actions

12-he is more interested in increasing his own skills and gain more information than studying

13-he can tell jokes

14-he can't trust people and he usually thinks about a hidden meaning or reason in their words and actions

15-when he can't understand something he would ask me to sit and he starts thinking with loud voice it seems like he is speaking to me but he is only speaking to himself and after that he says "I understood thanks" even if I didn't say anything

16-he cares about being well clothed and handsome

17-he is so lazy and he is always late

18-when he see something that makes him angry , most of the time he neglect it

19-he can really be angry if he didn't achieve what he wanted

(Some of his quotes)

1-"humans try to maintain their relations and hide their real feelings that's why they are hypocritical and liars but after thinking about it again I'm the biggest liar among them and I don't mind being like that if it will help me achieving my goal"

2-"if you aren't able to sacrifice then you won't be able to win"

3-"You don't have the right to ask me to study as long as I can get high marks"

4-"You shouldn't include your feelings when you think about something you should be fair"

5-"I'm not wrong,the society is wrong"

6-"I'm better than others that's why I should make my own project(like inventing new machine or discover a new thing) instead of following others project"

7-"I like to imagine and plan for the future but future makes me somehow tension , that's why the present time is the most comfortable one"

8-"I'm not that lonely as you think , I always speak to my mind"

9-"things don't happen by chance,you should search , think and plan instead of putting your hope on something called (chance)"

10-"I don't like to be bothersome,when I want something I would serve myself instead of asking for help"

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The great majority of that "disgusting" post you've been fuming about involves associations/correlations of N with imagination/creativity/art from official MBTI sources, including the 1985 Manual. That manual was co-authored by Myers, and it devoted an entire section to "Studies of Creativity," including a series of MBTI studies done at UC Berkeley.

Do you think Isabel Myers had a "disgusting bias" in favor of N's, yama? Because if you do, allow me to inform you that Myers was adamant that the reason N's did better in school (for example) wasn't because N's were really smarter overall, but because our educational system wrongly favored N approaches in various ways. And she devoted quite a bit of Gifts Differing to that subject.

The title of Gifts Differing itself reflected Myers' belief that every preference came with characteristic strengths and weaknesses, and that no type should be viewed as better than any other on an overall basis.

But there was nothing inconsistent about Myers both believing that, and understanding that there was a substantial correlation — and as I emphasized at the end of my "disgusting" post, MBTI type is all about "tendencies and probabilities" — between an N preference and, e.g., preferring "imaginative" to "realistic," and being artistically creative.

Forever and OrangeAppled (among others) thanked that "disgusting" post of mine, yama. Do you think they have a "disgusting bias"? Or maybe they somehow failed to detect that disgusting "tone" of mine that you picked up on. And it looks like that's_not_my_name missed it, too. Or on the other hand, maybe the non-disgusting tone that those readers heard reflects my intent, and you're the one suffering from some kind of tone deafness here.

You said your post wasn't "infractionable," and I never said it was — and I virtually never report posts in any case. But that doesn't mean it wasn't wrong, and by wrong, I don't just mean factually wrong, I mean wrongful — as in offensive.

You said, "can't accept criticism, don't post." But I can accept criticism, and I can also defend myself against "criticism" that calls me out for "disgusting" conduct that I haven't engaged in.

And I also have a sufficient amount of intellectual integrity that I can't imagine calling out a fellow forumite for having a "disgusting bias" (or a similar charge) without being willing to explain myself and support my charges. But when that's_not_my_name asked you — twice — what you found problematic about my post (and noted that she didn't find it offensive), you refused to explain, while condescendingly telling her that if she couldn't "see the problem, ... I don't know if I can help you."

With all due respect, yama, if you're going to charge another forumite with anything along the lines of a "disgusting bias," and that person or anybody else asks you what you mean, I think you should feel obligated to offer an explanation, if for no other reason than to give the person you're attacking a fair opportunity to clear up any misunderstanding and/or otherwise defend themselves.

It's not a forum rules issue. It's more of a human decency issue.

Thanks for listening.

Okay, the level of butthurt in this post is way too much lol. I do feel bad that you typed all that out because actually yes, I do have problems also with the official mbti and many of its inherent problems. I'm not really interested in wasting any more of my time on this exchange for reasons I already mentioned in previous posts. I'm just a mean dude on the internet, take some deep breaths and ignore me if it upsets you that much.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Whatever peter’s gut says :)

Peter's gut has a couple modes, and Peter has acknowledged a disconnect between how Peter sees self vs how others see Peter. Peter now understands the value in asking others how (s)he comes across.

Metis

I want to analyze my brother character and know his type

1-he likes to be alone and isolated more than communicating with others

2-when I asked him about his wasted time he said "I just imagine and plan for the future,I can waste much time doing that"

3-when he isn't not interested in something and he doesn't see it's important ,he would delay it as much as he can

4-he told me before"there is a statement that says(if you want to change something then change your self)according to me it's wrong the right statement is (if you want to change something then you should have the power to do it)"

5-according to organization I will give him a percentage between 50% : 60%

6-he likes to have much knowledge , know many theories , and know how were these rules (small example like E=mc^2) concluded

7-he seems to be dead and absolutely cold due to (his dead emotion,the way he looks,the way he moves and speak)

8-he can't start conversations and he is bad in encouraging people

9-when he thinks he ignore what happens beside him it seems like he is in his own world

10-he hates to be forced

11-he tries to analyze people feelings,sayings, predict their next actions

12-he is more interested in increasing his own skills and gain more information than studying

13-he can tell jokes

14-he can't trust people and he usually thinks about a hidden meaning or reason in their words and actions

15-when he can't understand something he would ask me to sit and he starts thinking with loud voice it seems like he is speaking to me but he is only speaking to himself and after that he says "I understood thanks" even if I didn't say anything

16-he cares about being well clothed and handsome

17-he is so lazy and he is always late

18-when he see something that makes him angry , most of the time he neglect it

19-he can really be angry if he didn't achieve what he wanted

(Some of his quotes)

1-"humans try to maintain their relations and hide their real feelings that's why they are hypocritical and liars but after thinking about it again I'm the biggest liar among them and I don't mind being like that if it will help me achieving my goal"

2-"if you aren't able to sacrifice then you won't be able to win"

3-"You don't have the right to ask me to study as long as I can get high marks"

4-"You shouldn't include your feelings when you think about something you should be fair"

5-"I'm not wrong,the society is wrong"

6-"I'm better than others that's why I should make my own project(like inventing new machine or discover a new thing) instead of following others project"

7-"I like to imagine and plan for the future but future makes me somehow tension , that's why the present time is the most comfortable one"

8-"I'm not that lonely as you think , I always speak to my mind"

9-"things don't happen by chance,you should search , think and plan instead of putting your hope on something called (chance)"

10-"I don't like to be bothersome,when I want something I would serve myself instead of asking for help"

Maybe INTJ.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I laughed too hard at this cuz that's my kind of joke.

In that case, your gut type is "fab" because of that awesome workout my joke just gave you :newwink:

Haha ok, I'm stopping now before my jokes start getting so corny people will wonder if I was one of the children of the corn.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I know this is a little creepy of me, but the other day I searched my own username in Discord and found a many-month-old conversation various members had behind my back about my Socionics type. I believe [MENTION=5627]BlackCat[/MENTION] said I could be ISFp??

So basically I'm wondering if that seems plausible, and if so, why. I haven't done a lot of reading into Socionics but also didn't find anything horrendously inaccurate about ESTj (obvious type description language barrier notwithstanding).

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know this is a little creepy of me, but the other day I searched my own username in Discord and found a many-month-old conversation various members had behind my back about my Socionics type. I believe [MENTION=5627]BlackCat[/MENTION] said I could be ISFp??

So basically I'm wondering if that seems plausible, and if so, why. I haven't done a lot of reading into Socionics but also didn't find anything horrendously inaccurate about ESTj (obvious type description language barrier notwithstanding).

Maybe it's your enneatype throwing them off. Seems like a very SP tritype.

EDIT: I realize you were talking about ISFp and not ISFP. Nevermind.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In that case, your gut type is "fab" because of that awesome workout my joke just gave you :newwink:

Haha ok, I'm stopping now before my jokes start getting so corny people will wonder if I was one of the children of the corn.
You will be taken for a latter day fan of Lawrence Welk if you persist.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I'm having another "I think I might be an INFP" moment.
But... but... ah nevermind. This isn't even the real world.

Turi

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I think it does, xNTP.
You just decide whether you prefer introversion or extraversion - or, if you prefer Ne-Ti, or Ti-Ne.

Here's two more for you, both are very short:

Simple MBTI style test.

Simple Cognitive Fun<wbr>ctions Quiz

If there appears to be a common theme, well, there we go.

But... but.... I'm a clear enneagram 4 and most often test as NFP.
I FUCKING QUIT.
*burns TypoC to the ground and moves to tropical island*