• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What's your basis for disregarding the potential existence of a TJ preference in my personality? Or the enneagram 5 for that matter?

My basis is vague and loose, but I'll do what I can.

I don't get Te at all from you. If you have it, I'd expect it to be inferior. Your style of self-revelation doesn’t fit with TJs I know. Even when they talk about their inner workings, there's a sense of detachment that goes with it. Instead, they seem to prefer talking about their methods.

Your prolific threads and posts also make me think of a perceiver. I feel like a J would be more focused. There's something haphazard in your approach, like you don't know how to say whatever it is you're trying to say.

Ni-doms, to me, have a more stable foundation to their philosophies. It often runs through their posts.

I also feel that when INTJs debate people, they use opposing points to inform their own argument. Even when they're set on a position, they're constantly building their case. You don't seem to do that. You seem to be satisfied with having an idea in and of itself and not with its implications. Then you expect others to share their reasoning, after which you sometimes give a simple or dismissive response, supposing you give one at all. It comes across as petulant to me, and I associate that with Ps more than Js.

I don't actually have a good reason for ruling out 5. Hehe.

I love you Ghost darling.

:bunnyd:

Scapegoated 4 fun

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
My basis is vague and loose, but I'll do what I can. I don't get Te at all from you. If you have it, I'd expect it to be inferior. Your style of self-revelation doesn’t fit with TJs I know. Even when they talk about their inner workings, there's a sense of detachment that goes with it. Instead, they seem to prefer talking about their methods. Your prolific threads and posts also make me think of a perceiver. I feel like a J would be more focused. There's something haphazard in your approach, like you don't know how to say whatever it is you're trying to say. Ni-doms, to me, have a more stable foundation to their philosophies. It often runs through their posts. I also feel that when INTJs debate people, they use opposing points to inform their own argument. Even when they're set on a position, they're constantly building their case. You don't seem to do that. You seem to be satisfied with having an idea in and of itself and not with its implications. Then you expect others to share their reasoning, after which you sometimes give a simple or dismissive response, supposing you give one at all. It comes across as petulant to me, and I associate that with Ps more than Js. I don't actually have a good reason for ruling out 5. Hehe. :bunnyd:
Nah.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You seem to be satisfied with having an idea in and of itself and not with its implications. Then you expect others to share their reasoning, after which you sometimes give a simple or dismissive response, supposing you give one at all.

You could try to be less predictable. How disappointing.

tchudak

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I coming to the conclusion that [MENTION=33958]Scapegoated 4 fun[/MENTION] is here with the only purpose to troll. You shouldn't take him seriously.

Red Ribbon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I coming to the conclusion that [MENTION=33958]Scapegoated 4 fun[/MENTION] is here with the only purpose to troll. You shouldn't take him seriously.

Well he's not doing a good job in convincing anyone he's an INTJ. I'm more INTJ than he is because I have actual Te.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

He's gotten into at least 10 arguments on here, so you may be right.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I was wondering which do people think im more Sp/So or So/Sx overall.

Rouskyrie

Any thoughts on what my type might be? I thought for a while that I might be an XNFJ or an XNTJ, but after trying those on for a while it appears that's not the case. The same goes for INFP and ISFP. The only thing that's clear is that I seem to be Ti > Fe > Fi > Te, and Ni > Ne > Si > Se.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Any thoughts on what my type might be? I thought for a while that I might be an XNFJ or an XNTJ, but after trying those on for a while it appears that's not the case. The same goes for INFP and ISFP. The only thing that's clear is that I seem to be Ti > Fe > Fi > Te, and Ni > Ne > Si > Se.

Hmmm going by the functions above ISTP would be the best fit but one in a Ti/Ni loop. I dont think you are ISTP as you dont seem inferior Fe at all plus your Ti isnt dom. Based on your presence around here Id say a low key xNFJ type. Hmm INFJ doesnt fit for me as you dont seem inferior Se at all as you have a "ground" to you inferior Se types lack. Id say you are ENFJ but a very low key one due to your tritype plus I think you are Sx last as well. Id say you are Sp.So or So/Sp as you are very very very Sx last with your very hmmm how to put it "safe" energy.

Turi

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

INTP.

Turi

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=29179]Rouskyrie[/MENTION] "Ti > Fe > Fi > Te, and Ni > Ne > Si > Se."

I just assumed that was your order of preference, which would have Ti as the first one, and Ne is the next extraverted function you mentioned that can fit, since Fe and Te can't (with Ti as dom function).

Rouskyrie

[MENTION=29179]Rouskyrie[/MENTION] "Ti > Fe > Fi > Te, and Ni > Ne > Si > Se." I just assumed that was your order of preference, which would have Ti as the first one, and Ne is the next extraverted function you mentioned that can fit, since Fe and Te can't (with Ti as dom function).
Ah, I was actually listing those separately. To be more specific, I would say my order of preference seems to be Ni > Ti > Fe > Ne > Fi > Te > Si > Se, but I'm honestly not sure other than that I definitely place thinking over feeling, and that my sensing appears (At least to me) weak.

Turi

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ah, I was actually listing those separately. To be more specific, I would say my order of preference seems to be Ni > Ti > Fe > Ne > Fi > Te > Si > Se, but I'm honestly not sure other than that I definitely place thinking over feeling, and that my sensing appears (At least to me) weak.

Well that looks like INFJ to me.

I sometimes wonder whether we underestimate our sensing abilities at times, or like to think of ourselves as more intuitive than we really are.

Not a dig at you at all, just an observation.

Rouskyrie

Well that looks like INFJ to me. I sometimes wonder whether we underestimate our sensing abilities at times, or like to think of ourselves as more intuitive than we really are. Not a dig at you at all, just an observation.
I sometimes wonder the same things. Frankly, I would like to have someone come along and tell me what my type is, because I can't seem to find it, haha.

Gone

I sometimes wonder the same things. Frankly, I would like to have someone come along and tell me what my type is, because I can't seem to find it, haha.

You're baaaaaaaack :hug: How ya doin?
Your function preferences suggest INFJ, maybe in a loop? I liked your ENFJ typing back then, since you're very considerate and aware of social norms and everything, your Fe always seemed very strong and natural to me. You saying you seem to prefer Ti over Fe wouldn't rule out INFJ in my opinion, since the tert function can be a very strong influence, especially when it's in development, enough to stop trusting your aux.
I think I could find a few other arguments for INFJ (including kickass arguments like: you're 20% younger than me but seem to be at least twice as mature), but truth is, I'm not sure myself. You have a very careful way of expression which really doesn't make it easy to get through to your raw core.
Don't worry though, if you don't find your type today, you'll find it on another day :)