• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

virtualinsanity

MBTI Type
--TP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not as dogmatic as most ISTJs I've met and I don't readily bend over for authority figures just because they are "authority figures". I am generally less impressed by one's "rank" than I am with who they are as an individual/their opinions/thoughts/motives etc. Also, I've noticed ISTJs have somewhat of a need for external approval, something which I pathologically lack. - - - Updated - - - That seems to make more sense based on what I've seen from you.

What makes you think you lead with Ni over Si and when you said "routine" do you mean routines that you fell into for the sake of "comfort" and what you're used to or routine for the sake of efficiency?

Scapegoated 4 fun

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
What makes you think you lead with Ni over Si and when you said "routine" do you mean routines that you fell into for the sake of "comfort" and what you're used to or routine for the sake of efficiency?

Efficiency-based routines. And as far as the Ni thing goes, I just find that most of my inspiration comes from thoughts/ideas/speculations/theories than it does from concrete, observable things in my immediate physical environment. Also, my memory is shit, something Si doms don't seem to struggle with. I also struggled greatly in the public education system (something most S types don't do) and was more focused on achieving things for my own personal sense of success, not someone else's definition of success via a "grade". This resulted on me being more focused on doodling/making drawings on the borders of the papers that I was supposed to be working on than I was focused on actually doing the work.

virtualinsanity

MBTI Type
--TP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Efficency-based routines. And as far as the Ni thing goes, I just find that most of my inspiration comes from thoughts/ideas/speculations/theories than it does from concrete, observable things in my immediate physical environment. Also, my memory is shit, something Si doms don't seem to struggle with. I also struggled greatly in the public education system (something most S types don't do) and was more focused on achieving things for my own personal sense of success, not someone else's definition of success via a "grade". This resulted on me being more focused on doodling/making drawings on the borders of the papers that I was supposed to be working on than I was focused on actually doing the work.

Inspiration coming from thoughts, ideas, or theories sounds more like Ti/Ne than it does Ni. Ni is the function that picks up on underlying patterns without conscious analyzation. Ni gets insights that come from subconscious Se data . Ni users can make leaps about the future...
How do you use Ni within your personality in that way? Ni doesn't seem to be speculative but appears more definitive due to unconscious or quiet "brainstorming."
You seem to be describing Ne.
Also, I'm not sure about equating bad memory with lack of Si as those with dementia or short term memory loss suffer the same. Si is more about long lasting impressions/impacts. The Si users remember the specific impressions in great detail but not necessarily equal to great memory, altogether.
I'm a bit confused about the Ni/Ne spectrum for you.

Scapegoated 4 fun

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Inspiration coming from thoughts, ideas, or theories sounds more like Ti/Ne than it does Ni. Ni is the function that picks up on underlying patterns without conscious analyzation. Ni gets insights that come from subconscious Se data . Ni users can make leaps about the future...
How do you use Ni within your personality in that way? Ni doesn't seem to be speculative but appears more definitive due to unconscious or quiet "brainstorming."
You seem to be describing Ne.

Although I see what you're saying and agree with you in a general sense, I think that all intuitive types draw inspiration from thoughts/ideas/speculation at least moreso than sensors

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I get frustrated with inaccuracy, I get frustrated when my plans/routines are interrupted, I don't enjoy exploring concepts for the journey, I usually explore concepts for the sake of reaching a conclusion about something or to decide what to do about something. I'm also much more focused on my personal relationships than most INTPs I've known, I'm more relationship-oriented. Also, disorganization/disorder/chaos in my environment really stresses me out and I usually have to be alone after being in an environment like that. I also have extremely bad obsessive compulsive tendencies, worse than pretty much anyone I know.

focused with inaccuracy is more of a Ti quality than a Te quality.. Te wants the job done, of course we all want everything right.. but Te is getting what's produced fastest. Ti kind of does the fixing part. You could be an organized INTP with Si tendencies.

You sound very Ji (dominant judging) so INTP first function is Ti.

P's are so badly stereotyped.

Scapegoated 4 fun

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
focused with inaccuracy is more of a Ti quality than a Te quality.. Te wants the job done, of course we all want everything right.. but Te is getting what's produced fastest. Ti kind of does the fixing part. You could be an organized INTP with Si tendencies.

P's are so badly stereotyped.

Nah, I think P's in general are less concerned with accuracy than J's.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Nah, I think P's in general are less concerned with accuracy than J's.

IXTPs are sluts for accuracy.

Also Ns do not have fundamentally more difficult life than Ss. I believe that many people who blame their difficulties on school witht heir type are looking for an explanation for their less than steller grades other than lack of intelligence. I didn't do as well as I could've in school not because of my type or intelligence, but because when I was younger my dad and teachers would show frustration and annoyance when I didn't get things right away, and gave up on teaching me which ended up in extremely poor self esteem. I am telling you this because I think you and many other Ns may have a similar problem. You should try and change yourself instead of making excuses.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I feel confident I have a good grasp on the distinction between Ti and Te. I think I use Ti more proficiently. Agree/disagree?

Scapegoated 4 fun

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
IXTPs are sluts for accuracy.

Also Ns do not have fundamentally more difficult life than Ss. I believe that many people who blame their difficulties on school witht heir type are looking for an explanation for their less than steller grades other than lack of intelligence. I didn't do as well as I could've in school not because of my type or intelligence, but because when I was younger my dad and teachers would show frustration and annoyance when I didn't get things right away, and gave up on teaching me which ended up in extremely poor self esteem. I am telling you this because I think you and many other Ns may have a similar problem. You should try and change yourself instead of making excuses.

actually, how well you do in school could very well have to do with type as our current system favors sensation to intuition and for every intuitive there are twice as many sensors. Being in the minority means the systems in place have a lower likelihood of being able to meet/accommodate your needs.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
when did I say that?

You, on the first post of this page: "I also struggled greatly in the public education system (something most S types don't do)"

You are the second INTJ I think to do deny what you have said, or maybe you just forgot.

Scapegoated 4 fun

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
You, on the first post of this page: "I also struggled greatly in the public education system (something most S types don't do)"

You are the second INTJ I think to do deny what you have said, or maybe you just forgot.

A fundementally more difficult life is different than having a fundementally more difficult time in the public education system, no offense.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
actually, how well you do in school could very well have to do with type as our current system favors sensation to intuition and for every intuitive there are twice as many sensors. Being in the minority means the systems in place have a lower likelihood of being able to meet/accommodate your needs.

Well I don't even believe in typology statistics, and I have not found specific evidence pointing toward Ns having a harder time in school because they are N. Many things school at least in my experience are theory or idea related anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

A fundementally more difficult life is different than having a fundementally more difficult time in the public education system, no offense.

Okay fair enough.

tchudak

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Let's see how you guys interpret me:

Ni: Ni is, of course, my strongest function. But I think it's even more strong in me than the average. I always knew I had a strong N, even before reading about the cognitive functions and its roles. I did my first MBTI test and then I just knew N was the stronger letter in me, despite the fact that the letter which the highest % was always I. I realize things I don't even know exactly how I realized them, and I'm almost never wrong about my assumptions, even though they seem to appear out of nowhere. I may spend some time thinking about something, but my most assertive conclusions come from "AH-HA!" moments. Like a lamp being turned on.
Te: I act on those assumptions. First I analyze them to further put some of them into action. I analyze and categorize them, I discard the ones that doesn't seem to have much applicability and focus on the ones I can do something about. I may delay my act because of some perfectionists tendencies, but I tend to put effort into turning my theories and ideas into reality.
Fi: I have my emotions, I don't easily show them (sometimes I never show them). I think my most Fi characteristic is that I believe in some "humanitarian" causes. I advocate for animal rights, I like politics, I have interests in feminism etc.
Se: I'm not sure how this shit works, but it must be for collecting data from the physical world for my Ni to acquire knowledge and insights. Also, of course, I can't live entirely in my head and I need some contact with the physical.

Scapegoated 4 fun

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Well I don't even believe in typology statistics, and I have not found specific evidence pointing toward Ns having a harder time in school because they are N. Many things school at least in my experience are theory or idea related anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay fair enough.

indeed it is, but is what you've been saying fair as well?

Scapegoated 4 fun

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I like typology just don't believe in the "studies" about how many people are each type are accurate because their methods are flawed.

So you don't think that there are more sensors than intuitives in the world and you don't think the system favors sensation?

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So you don't think that there are more sensors than intuitives in the world and you don't think the system favors sensation?

It's possible. I think that the problem is nuanced. Some things favor intuition, other things favor sensation, some you could do either, and even when one does favor the opposite if your type, you could still excel of you play your cards right.

I just know that the research about type has poor methods so I do not subscribe to them. I think based offor my experience that the prevalence is equal but my sample size isn't big enough, so even if can't know for sure.