• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay, so this is what is going on with all of my functions ... D:

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (65%)
your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (100%)
your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (100%)
your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (65%)
your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (5%)
your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Si (Introverted Sensing) (60%)
your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (100%)
your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (60%)
your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
based on your results your type is likely - unclear
That is interesting. ENTP is the only one that accounts for all three 100% functions without any of them being in the inferior spot. Maybe you are an ENTP in a dom-tert loop? :happy2:
Ne 1000%
Ti 100%
Fe 100%
Si 60%

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That is interesting. ENTP is the only one that accounts for all three 100% functions without any of them being in the inferior spot. Maybe you are an ENTP in a dom-tert loop? :happy2:
Ne 1000%
Ti 100%
Fe 100%
Si 60%

Huh, maybe! I don't think so though, as, reading through the ENTP description on 16types, ENTP does not sound me. Like, I enjoy debating on occasion, but definitely know when to stop and have a reputation for being caring and sweet instead of argumentative. Plus like, one of the main ENTP weaknesses is insensitivity, and I list being overly sensitive as one of my greatest weaknesses.

I think what is probably happening is that some of the questions can correspond to multiple functions and then some of the Ti questions like "you value the scientific method" I would of course answer DEFINITELY to as I'm majoring in a branch of science. *nods*

Thanks again for your input! I appreciate it! :)

Psyclepath

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Huh, maybe! I don't think so though, as, reading through the ENTP description on 16types, ENTP does not sound me. Like, I enjoy debating on occasion, but definitely know when to stop and have a reputation for being caring and sweet instead of argumentative. Plus like, one of the main ENTP weaknesses is insensitivity, and I list being overly sensitive as one of my greatest weaknesses.

I think what is probably happening is that some of the questions can correspond to multiple functions and then some of the Ti questions like "you value the scientific method" I would of course answer DEFINITELY to as I'm majoring in a branch of science. *nods*

I imagine many ENTPs are sensitive socially. As an INTP, I'm very sensitive, almost neurotically so. I imagine that an ENTP's slightly stronger use of Fe will give them a slightly more instinctive understanding of what makes people tick. Si is about physical atmosphere, and I imagine with their weak Si, ENTPs will feel very uncomfortable creating conflicts.

I at least am terrible in conflicts. In Socionics, types with strong Ne have extremely poor Se and are highly ineffective in conflict. This is mainly because strong Ne focuses on creating future scenarios that ignore the practicalities of how to obtain them. I have little clue for my capabilities, just things that seem possible but often aren't. Effectively, it's based all around a poor understanding of physical structures.

I can't explain it well right now; hoping I can come up with a better explanation soon. But don't rule out ENTP simply because you're an overly sensitive sweetheart. Someone told me they didn't think I was ENTP for that very reason, yet I turned out to be a very similar type.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm trying out Si-dom again. I don't really know, I think I don't use enough Ne to be INTP nor enough Fe to be ISFJ.
But I'm almost confident that my functions are Ne/Si and Ti/Fe.
But then again, among all the possible PoLRs, Se seems to make more sense than Te.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

For you I have always seen Fe and Ne in your stacking and both are quite strong but at this moment I do incline ESFJ due to no obvious Ti but then I dont see much Si ether. I wouldn't rule out ENTP due to being too nice as I myself despite being very Ne/Ti I am known as being one of the most soft hearted and nicest people ever by most people both on here and IRL. I would take other factors like instinctual stackings and ennegram into account before deciding on an final type. If you need further help I will be glad to assist you :D.

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For you I have always seen Fe and Ne in your stacking and both are quite strong but at this moment I do incline ESFJ due to no obvious Ti but then I dont see much Si ether. I wouldn't rule out ENTP due to being too nice as I myself despite being very Ne/Ti I am known as being one of the most soft hearted and nicest people ever by most people both on here and IRL. I would take other factors like instinctual stackings and ennegram into account before deciding on an final type. If you need further help I will be glad to assist you :D.

That makes sense. LOL well Si and Ti are both introverted so they don't want to come out ... they're busy staying at home binge watching Netflix while extroverted Ne and Fe run about and go to parties. *nodnod* That makes sense, and you are definitely very nice! :) I hope I wasn't hurting anyone's feelings by that comment. I certainly didn't mean that ENTPs aren't nice! D: And I would absolutely LOVE help from you figuring out my type. That would be great!

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
That makes sense. LOL well Si and Ti are both introverted so they don't want to come out ... they're busy staying at home binge watching Netflix while extroverted Ne and Fe run about and go to parties. *nodnod* That makes sense, and you are definitely very nice! :) I hope I wasn't hurting anyone's feelings by that comment. I certainly didn't mean that ENTPs aren't nice! D: And I would absolutely LOVE help from you figuring out my type. That would be great!

Ive been obsserving a little more and you seem very ESFJ to me but one with a strong Ne/Ti and you do give a ENTP flavor at times.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Can anyone who's familiar with socionics give me an opinion on whether they think I'm an Fi or Se subtype? I type as ESI. Here are the descriptions: Socionics Types: ESI-ISFj Subtypes. I relate to both.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Se Subtype (bolded are the statements I agree with)

Fi Subtype (bolded are the statements I agree with)

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm still not sure about my subtype, but since I've looked into socionics Se I'm sure of my typing as ESI. I don't fully relate, or relate terribly a lot even, to the ISFP descriptions or the MBTI Se function. Se in MBTI is basically, "if it looks like a rock and tastes like a rock, it is a rock." Socionics Se is about influence and impact, and it explains how Se users are concerned with possibilities, which is what I've been trying to assert for ages.

Unlike Si, which is about one's subjective sensory experience (how intense or enjoyable it is), Se is about achieving an object of desire. It gives one the ability to influence, bend, and push situations and people in order to achieve such an object, rather than to enjoy the situation one is in.

Not that I think anyone cares, but I'm just writing this to say I find socionics more accurate and useful than MBTI, and type as ESI. I don't type as ISFP anymore because it's not applicable. Based on MBTI type descriptions only and not MBTI cognitive functions, I relate most to INFJ.

INFJs are not idle dreamers, but people capable of taking concrete steps to realize their goals and make a lasting positive impact.

INFJs indeed share a unique combination of traits: though soft-spoken, they have very strong opinions and will fight tirelessly for an idea they believe in. They are decisive and strong-willed, but will rarely use that energy for personal gain – INFJs will act with creativity, imagination, conviction and sensitivity not to create advantage, but to create balance.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm still not sure about my subtype, but since I've looked into socionics Se I'm sure of my typing as ESI. I don't fully relate, or relate terribly a lot even, to the ISFP descriptions or the MBTI Se function. Se in MBTI is basically, "if it looks like a rock and tastes like a rock, it is a rock." Socionics Se is about influence and impact, and it explains how Se users are concerned with possibilities, which is what I've been trying to assert for ages.

Not that I think anyone cares, but I'm just writing this to say I find socionics more accurate and useful than MBTI, and type as ESI. I don't type as ISFP anymore because it's not applicable. Based on MBTI type descriptions only and not MBTI cognitive functions, I relate most to INFJ.

FWIW, I never thought you fit in the MBTI or JCF ISFP..... I don't do enough socionics to say any comment on that typing.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay guys, it's been a long time since I replied here, huh?
I've been thinking about my type a lot more recently, and have been researching the functions and even Socionics. In Socionics, I am commonly typed, as and have been verified as an EIE-ENFj (Fe subtype, most likely). I've asked a few questions to various people about your MBTI type having to match your Socionics type perfectly. Does it really have to? Are both systems really equal in regards to how each function is used?
Is it odd to be ESFP in MBTI and ENFj in Socionics?
Can someone help me out here, please? xD
:)

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=27952]Merced[/MENTION] thinks i'm sx/so and i need more opinions.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
No, I really dont think you are sx first. Personally, I think you are sx last.

Sx first doesn't seem quite right for me unless someone convinces me, but I don't believe I'm sx last. Sx is a desire for personal bond and connection which is very important to me.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sx first doesn't seem quite right for me unless someone convinces me, but I don't believe I'm sx last. Sx is a desire for personal bond and connection which is very important to me.

I could say the same about myself, but I've considered myself sx last for a while. So either I'm mistyped, or this isn't a great way to determine sx.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I could say the same about myself, but I've considered myself sx last for a while. So either I'm mistyped, or this isn't a great way to determine sx.

Well, I'm also pretty confident with sp last. How would you describe sx?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I'm also pretty confident with sp last. How would you describe sx?

To be clear, my comment wasn't questioning your own typing (I don't know you), I was just saying I related to what you wrote, so I didn't think it alone was a good deciding factor in determining whether one has sx as primary or secondary.

Re describing sx, ha, I don't know. My super-generalization is that it seems to have more to do with intensity and perhaps 'obsession', maybe a single-minded drive to dive into one person or thing (as it doesn't have to be a person), than desire to connect; desire to connect and find common ground, bond and be accepted, understood, known by people, is just as much a part of the social instinct, I think. I just believe via interacting with people on here, as well as people irl who I am confident to be sx dom, that I differ. And, since I am pretty sure I'm not sp-last (I think I have a very good sp instinct), then sx is last for me. Also, in delving into specific descriptions for enneagram 4 specifically, so/sp just really seemed to fit.