• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Im seeking advice on 3w2 vs 2w3 as I seem to have traits of both a lot. Could someone help me out?.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

I have traits of both with the wanting to be loved side of 2w3 and the shaping myself to be a admirable person side of 3w2. As for my core heart motives I seek to be loved and be worth something to the world. Whats making it hard for me is that I do have that snobby and superficial side of 3w2 but also the genuinely caring side of 2w3. In fact many people IRL say I am too nice and soft for my own good as I seek to help others and dont like to see others suffering.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I have traits of both with the wanting to be loved side of 2w3 and the shaping myself to be a admirable person side of 3w2. As for my core heart motives I seek to be loved and be worth something to the world. Whats making it hard for me is that I do have that snobby and superficial side of 3w2 but also the genuinely caring side of 2w3. In fact many people IRL say I am too nice and soft for my own good as I seek to help others and dont like to see others suffering.

I feel like that too. Is it possible you can be a 2 wing and a 3 wing in your tri-type with a 2w3/3w2? I am not the expert on Enneagram but I'm making a guess. Or maybe you are another enneagram but exhibit 2w3/3w2? I found a post about their differences on PersonalityCafe. Take a look and see how that reads?

There's nothing wrong with wanting to be loved regardless of your enneagram type, not that you think there is. But I think everyone feels like that way. I know I do, and I feel pretty down when nobody notices things about me. I find I have a big, emotional memory -- not even emotional, just in general. I'm a sponge. And others don't and don't seem to care when I relay them, and then I feel embarrassed that I've brought something up.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I feel like that too. Is it possible you can be a 2 wing and a 3 wing in your tri-type with a 2w3/3w2? I am not the expert on Enneagram but I'm making a guess. Or maybe you are another enneagram but exhibit 2w3/3w2? I found a post about their differences on PersonalityCafe. Take a look and see how that reads?

There's nothing wrong with wanting to be loved regardless of your enneagram type, not that you think there is. But I think everyone feels like that way. I know I do, and I feel pretty down when nobody notices things about me. I find I have a big, emotional memory -- not even emotional, just in general. I'm a sponge. And others don't and don't seem to care when I relay them, and then I feel embarrassed that I've brought something up.

1) 3w2s are primarily oriented toward results and goals and use their charm, interpersonal sway and political skills to advance themselves toward whatever goal they are trying to achieve; 2w3s care primarily about being accepted and admired. they use their pragmatism and ability to get results to win people's affections. (come to think of it, there are many parallels between between Sp/Sx and Sx/Sp)

I care far more about being accepted by others than seeking goals I seem to use pragmatism more to get loved than the other way around).

2) 2w3s display emotion more readily. this includes all emotions, not just the happy/positive/caring ones. 3w2s present a more competent image and hide their feelings far more easily.
For this one I incline more 3w2 as I am not always easy with negative emotions but then again this is probably more to do with my 7 and 9 not wanting to upset myself and others and I am very open with negative emotions if I feel they will be well received as it makes me feel better. I fear driving away people with my negative emotions.

3) 2w3s will go further to win people over than 3w2s. as mentioned earlier, 3s (both 3w2 and 3w4) are focused primarily on goals and would see going far out of their way as a distraction.
Im with 2w3 on this one. I will do anything lolz to win people over and cant imagine putting goals over people.

4) similarly, 2w3s want more attention than 3w2s do. 3w2s enjoy their "attaboys" recognition ceremonies and name drops, but they prefer attention in moderation. after all, people are more and more likely to discover your flaws the more attention you get, and so much becomes high maintenance and gets in the way of performance
I love attention and am not afraid to show my flaws to others provding they will not make me disliked or drive others away. I love showing my flaws to my closer ones as it means they will see me as a person to love more as we all know a show off is not easy to get close to.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
1) 3w2s are primarily oriented toward results and goals and use their charm, interpersonal sway and political skills to advance themselves toward whatever goal they are trying to achieve; 2w3s care primarily about being accepted and admired. they use their pragmatism and ability to get results to win people's affections. (come to think of it, there are many parallels between between Sp/Sx and Sx/Sp)

I care far more about being accepted by others than seeking goals I seem to use pragmatism more to get loved than the other way around).

2) 2w3s display emotion more readily. this includes all emotions, not just the happy/positive/caring ones. 3w2s present a more competent image and hide their feelings far more easily.
For this one I incline more 3w2 as I am not always easy with negative emotions but then again this is probably more to do with my 7 and 9 not wanting to upset myself and others and I am very open with negative emotions if I feel they will be well received as it makes me feel better. I fear driving away people with my negative emotions.

3) 2w3s will go further to win people over than 3w2s. as mentioned earlier, 3s (both 3w2 and 3w4) are focused primarily on goals and would see going far out of their way as a distraction.
Im with 2w3 on this one. I will do anything lolz to win people over and cant imagine putting goals over people.

4) similarly, 2w3s want more attention than 3w2s do. 3w2s enjoy their "attaboys" recognition ceremonies and name drops, but they prefer attention in moderation. after all, people are more and more likely to discover your flaws the more attention you get, and so much becomes high maintenance and gets in the way of performance
I love attention and am not afraid to show my flaws to others provding they will not make me disliked or drive others away. I love showing my flaws to my closer ones as it means they will see me as a person to love more as we all know a show off is not easy to get close to.

Hmmm, this makes things kind of difficult. I'm really not an expert on enneagram/typing, but I think you might be 3w2. Even if you feel torn between them, there's only one type, technically, that fits. I don't know. Does 792 sound like you?

792: PEACEMAKER / ENTHUSIAST
15.6‰ of humanity, of whom 75% are feminine and 25% are masculine.

You are very kind and tend to see the best in others. You focus on easy and comfortable ways of relating. Very optimistic and positive, you hate conflict and strife, and use your sense of humor to smooth out differences.

SUGGESTED DRAMATICA ROLES:

• Effect
  • Pursuit
  • Thought
  • Non-Accurate
  • Support
  • Acceptance
  • Potentiality
  • Desire

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hmmm, this makes things kind of difficult. I'm really not an expert on enneagram/typing, but I think you might be 3w2. Even if you feel torn between them, there's only one type, technically, that fits. I don't know. Does 792 sound like you?

You are very kind and tend to see the best in others. You focus on easy and comfortable ways of relating. Very optimistic and positive, you hate conflict and strife, and use your sense of humor to smooth out differences.

• Effect
  • Pursuit
  • Thought
  • Non-Accurate
  • Support
  • Acceptance
  • Potentiality
  • Desire

That does kinda fit me a lot as I like to be kind to others and try to bring out the best in people even after others have given up on them plus I hate conflict and like to relate to others in a positive way. and I defo use humor to diffuse situations.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
That does kinda fit me a lot as I like to be kind to others and try to bring out the best in people even after others have given up on them plus I hate conflict and like to relate to others in a positive way. and I defo use humor to diffuse situations.

;) Do you feel it fits, is most important.

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
*raises hand* I have a question! So I have a strong value system, but I update it fairly often if I have a sudden insight, or several new bits of logic/evidence come along that make me realize that my beliefs are inaccurate and I was just wondering if that's more Fe/Si or Fi/Ne. I could see it being a Fe thing because I'd be getting my values from my external world but I have a harder time seeing the Si because if I grew up thinking that one thing was right, wouldn't I cling to it if I was a Si? And then I have a hard time seeing it as a Fi Ne because well, the Ne would be good at seeing the new possibilities of different value systems and examining the evidence for them all, but wouldn't the Fi want to cling to its identity instead of fluidly moving along?

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
*raises hand* I have a question! So I have a strong value system, but I update it fairly often if I have a sudden insight, or several new bits of logic/evidence come along that make me realize that my beliefs are inaccurate and I was just wondering if that's more Fe/Si or Fi/Ne. I could see it being a Fe thing because I'd be getting my values from my external world but I have a harder time seeing the Si because if I grew up thinking that one thing was right, wouldn't I cling to it if I was a Si? And then I have a hard time seeing it as a Fi Ne because well, the Ne would be good at seeing the new possibilities of different value systems and examining the evidence for them all, but wouldn't the Fi want to cling to its identity instead of fluidly moving along?

Feels more Te/Fi to me than any of the perceiving functions imo. Te should have no problem updating when new info comes along, unless it's involved in some kind of unhealthy loop. Ti/Fe should also take into consideration societal moral values (because of the nature of Ti forming internal system).

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Feels more Te/Fi to me than any of the perceiving functions imo. Te should have no problem updating when new info comes along, unless it's involved in some kind of unhealthy loop. Ti/Fe should also take into consideration societal moral values (because of the nature of Ti forming internal system).

Okay thank you! That makes sense!

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7

• Effect
  • Pursuit
  • Thought
  • Non-Accurate
  • Support
  • Acceptance

• Potentiality
  • Desire

Not trying to thread-jack but I mevdr learned what my 2nd number is ( just 8w7) does anyone here ( who knows me) suggest one? And is there an in-depth description like this one?
( not tryna fix those typos. Just no I typed ona phone and fuk ifone keypads)

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Not trying to thread-jack but I mevdr learned what my 2nd number is ( just 8w7) does anyone here ( who knows me) suggest one? And is there an in-depth description like this one?
( not tryna fix those typos. Just no I typed ona phone and fuk ifone keypads)

Thom is where they have all of the enneagram tritypes. There's a test in the forum that you can take; and there's also this one.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In another thread asking about type you had me rather convinced you are a clear INFJ. I do think you are an iNtuitive because of your style of humor. I get that you have a more fun, zany feeling than a more structured Fe type, so I'm not certain what's going on with all of your functions. While ESFJs can have a certain kind of whimsy and fun to them, I haven't ever met one or understood one to have the same vibe as you.

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In another thread asking about type you had me rather convinced you are a clear INFJ. I do think you are an iNtuitive because of your style of humor. I get that you have a more fun, zany feeling than a more structured Fe type, so I'm not certain what's going on with all of your functions. While ESFJs can have a certain kind of whimsy and fun to them, I haven't ever met one or understood one to have the same vibe as you.

Oh okay thanks, I'll definitely keep that in mind!

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Thanks a lot for your help :hug:. Ill put the 3w2 to 2w3 for now and see how that goes.

My comment got eaten but I sort of remember what I'd tried to say earlier.. not sure if it got posted. But your 2 wing could be wrong, 2w3, and I think that's common in the tritypes. Not literally all tri-types being 2w3 I mean, but like, having a strong tri-type in-between the two preferences. It happens. Just go with it!

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Okay, so this is what is going on with all of my functions ... D:

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (65%)
your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (100%)
your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (100%)
your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (65%)
your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (5%)
your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Si (Introverted Sensing) (60%)
your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (100%)
your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (60%)
your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
based on your results your type is likely - unclear