• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, I suppose that is a slightly bigger deal... not much.

Point still stands; a lot of people play the "No fucks card" so hard that it is very obvious hey do gives some amount of fucks. I know that many people don't believe my type. And some things about their reasoning push a few of my buttons but other than that I do not care. I know myself better than anyone and that is what we call confidence.

I'd guess about 99 percent of people do in fact have fucks to give; some are just better at hiding it.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I just think it's good to question everything...always. So I'm glad you are (although I didn't see you doing that here right now...I thought I saw someone else but I'm on my phone so maybe not)

I've just been taking everything in as it comes. :) I posed my own questions to [MENTION=30122]Brain in a Jar[/MENTION], which I hope he comes back to me with *nudge nudge* For all I know, he did respond. I'm just going in order through this thread as I'm on my phone, distracting myself from work haha.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I've just been taking everything in as it comes. :) I posed my own questions to [MENTION=30122]Brain in a Jar[/MENTION], which I hope he comes back to me with *nudge nudge* For all I know, he did respond. I'm just going in order through this thread as I'm on my phone, distracting myself from work haha.

If i missed anything let me know. I probably did as there is so much activity going on i probably missed something. Anyway I have a couple of statements regarding my Ne-Fe beheaviours and which one is more like it? In other words is my Fe serving my Ne or is Ne serving my Fe?

"I love engaging in Ne banter as you can see on the ENFP/INTJ fetish thread but I was doing it mostly to amuse Gentleman Jack and myself plus build up a friendship with him. I had tonnes of fun myself as well. (I would say Ne is leading there as it is mostly Ne with a underlying Fe mutative (Build a relationship with another person and amuse them to make them happy).

"I get a feeling of exhilaration from entertaining and joining in a group with all random Ne stuff going around but at the same time I also want to be seen as the clever and funny guy and if I am say hosting and the environment is not energetic and happy enough for me I will get annoyed".

"I love sharing new ideas with others, For example when I first found out about MBTI I went around telling everyone about it as it really interested me and I wanted to share that energy with others to hopefully build relationships with them and have fun".
"

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just think it's good to question everything...always. So I'm glad you are (although I didn't see you doing that here right now...I thought I saw someone else but I'm on my phone so maybe not)

I think it's kind of strange that a lot of other people don't think people in general of all things should be questioned and thought about critically but I also think it explains a lot of the world to me at this point. Man as the majority must really be something likened to humble underneath it all to think himself unworthy of investigation or complexity. But perhaps that last bit is too presumptuous.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
If anything, I'd expect a percentage of N type members greater than the percentage on overall society.

Oh absolutely. We are dealing with theory here after all. And of course sensors can and do appreciate theory, in my experience, they just put less importance in it and therefore spend less time in it. On this site, I don't expect the general population statistics of type to be represented here as well.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
If i missed anything let me know. I probably did as there is so much activity going on i probably missed something. By the way here my cogntive function test results below. Do they fit well would you guys say. Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use) extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************* (21.4) limited use introverted Sensing (Si) ********************* (21.5) limited use extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************************** (50.8) excellent use introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************************** (30.6) good use extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************** (22.4) limited use introverted Thinking (Ti) **************************************** (41) excellent use extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************************************* (43.7) excellent use introverted Feeling (Fi) ******** (8.2) unused
Totally understandable, there IS a lot of back and forth. Look back to my question regarding which type you admire, not which one you identify with, but which one you know you aren't, but like. Almost like IF could morph into that type for whatever reason, which type would you morph into? Following that question is the why? What about that type do you like?

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Totally understandable, there IS a lot of back and forth. Look back to my question regarding which type you admire, not which one you identify with, but which one you know you aren't, but like. Almost like IF could morph into that type for whatever reason, which type would you morph into? Following that question is the why? What about that type do you like?

If i could morph into any type it would be ExTJ as i envy Te for getting shit done yet admire them as they are generally well respected for males as well. I quite like ESFJ as well as ExxJ appeals to me in general as they are the mover shaker types so to speak plus next to dom Te dom Fe is second best as Fe can be quite a fun function and ENTP as well as i like to the the stereotypical charming nerdy guy (Ne-Fe combo is just a pairing i love to use). I do not identify with ExTJ but what i like about them is that they are well respected, seen as powerful and strong and very masculine types for men. I also like ESTP as they are like the cooler and less awkward version of ENTPs. I have known ESTPs in school and they are well respected. (Sorry if ive rambled a little). In general Fe is something I love to use for fun while I envy detail oreanted and structured people who can keep their shit together. To me it doesn't matter if your forest has a few crooked trees as long as the overall big picture is good.

Starry

I think it's kind of strange that a lot of other people don't think people in general of all things should be questioned and thought about critically but I also think it explains a lot of the world to me at this point. Man as the majority must really be something likened to humble underneath it all to think himself unworthy of investigation or complexity. But perhaps that last bit is too presumptuous.

^^This passage really moves me and I've been sitting here for the longest time searching for the right words to express what I want to say in response. I guess I'll just say that...I see you especially being subject to the SFJ stereotypes with members constantly wanting to retype you...as what? Some Fi type...because of those edgy avatars right...

And yet it doesn't get more Fe than what is written above. This is the Fe...idk...to me it is an extending of humanity to others rather than handling them with suspicion and paranoia ...right here. Thank you so much for this.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
This is my favorite thread on the whole entire site.

Starry

If anything, I'd expect a percentage of N type members greater than the percentage on overall society.

Oh absolutely. We are dealing with theory here after all. And of course sensors can and do appreciate theory, in my experience, they just put less importance in it and therefore spend less time in it. On this site, I don't expect the general population statistics of type to be represented here as well.

While I agree that this site may in fact be more attractive to Ns...I would attribute it to the same reason this site appears to attract a higher than what-is-found-in-the-normal-population number of sx doms...namely...internal conflict. In other words, I reject the notion that Ss place a lesser value on theory as a whole (and I'm glad I caught your post ED because I almost posted this same sentiment with only Anaximander's quote which would have looked like I was talking over you so phew). This has just been my personal observation.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
While I agree that this site may in fact be more attractive to Ns...I would attribute it to the same reason this site appears to attract a higher than what-is-found-in-the-normal-population number of sx doms...namely...internal conflict. In other words, I reject the notion that Ss place a lesser value on theory as a whole (and I'm glad I caught your post ED because I almost posted this same sentiment with only Anaximander's quote which would have looked like I was talking over you so phew). This has just been my personal observation.

Hmm, I wonder what other trends we can find in dissecting the population here. Not to post something totally off the intention of this thread, perhaps we can start another, but I'd be curious to explore the population here, see why certain types are attracted to this site, and what, about this site attracts that type of individual. Never thought about this site attracting Sx doms. Interesting!

*edit: forgot to mention Starry, I don't tend to look all that deep into people's actions on this site so if you accidentally overlook a post of mine for example, I really won't think anything of it, same goes for likes (I feel some members may give likes WAY too much thought :p) I give people the benefit of the doubt by default. At times, too much so! Long story short, you're good:newwink:

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
But we all know that it's true that a lot of sensors are really often mistyped as intuitives. We often talk about the N bias and how online descriptions are bad.
Months ago I had found a graph showing the percentage of profiles given by an online test. I clearly remember INTP, INFP and INTJ on the top list and SJ on the bottom.
I'm falling asleep, but I'll look if I can find it again.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But we all know that it's true that a lot of sensors are really often mistyped as intuitives. We often talk about the N bias and how online descriptions are bad.
Months ago I had found a graph showing the percentage of profiles given by an online test. I clearly remember INTP, INFP and INTJ on the top list and SJ on the bottom.
I'm falling asleep, but I'll look if I can find it again.

And that's the tricky thing about personality testing. Are those tests attracting more genuine N types or are a ton of sensors "failing" the personality "tests"? I assume both are true to some degree.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
And that's the tricky thing about personality testing. Are those tests attracting more genuine N types or are a ton of sensors "failing" the personality "tests"? I assume both are true to some degree.

Exactly. That's also why I am reconsidering my type for the tenth time, I want to remove all of the possible biases that led me to a wrong one and understand how my mind truly works.
On the other hand,
View attachment 17425
there's this graph, taken from a study I'd like to link but I'm on mobile. It clearly shows that the youngsters prefer N over S by a 50% ratio. Is the champion biased? Or are those statistics attendible? Who knows.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Exactly. That's also why I am reconsidering my type for the tenth time, I want to remove all of the possible biases that led me to a wrong one and understand how my mind truly works.
On the other hand,
View attachment 17425
there's this graph, taken from a study I'd like to link but I'm on mobile. It clearly shows that the youngsters prefer N over S by a 50% ratio. Is the champion biased? Or are those statistics attendible? Who knows.

Re young generation, gen Y and people born in the 2000's are also, in the U.S. at least, part of a culture that applauds N 'innovation', 'outside the box' thinking, all of that stuff. Look at any job posting in the past 15 years or so. The hipster era brought about 'N' 'values' (though it began prior).

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Re young generation, gen Y and people born in the 2000's are also, in the U.S. at least, part of a culture that applauds N 'innovation', 'outside the box' thinking, all of that stuff. Look at any job posting in the past 15 years or so. The hipster era brought about 'N' 'values' (though it began prior).
But still, a Si user would absorbe those values, look N, but still be Si-driven.
I should go look about how our personality develops during time.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But still, a Si user would absorbe those values, look N, but still be Si-driven.
I should go look about how our personality develops during time.

Well right, that's kind of what I'm saying. Thus when an S (could be tied to Si or any value system / non-perception-based), particularly a younger one, would answer questions, if they've absorbed 'N' type attributes, or personally value them, as something they believe it's important to identify with/strive for, then they very well may end up with an N result.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well right, that's kind of what I'm saying. Thus when an S (could be tied to Si or any value system / non-perception-based), particularly a younger one, would answer questions, if they've absorbed 'N' type attributes as something they believe it's important to identify with/strive for, then they very well may end up with an N result.

Oh that's probably what I did. I don't think it's a bad thing though. Creativity makes life more fulfilling.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh that's probably what I did. I don't think it's a bad thing though. Creativity makes life more fulfilling.

No, I mean I don't think it's a 'bad' thing, it's just one reason S's might identify with N or test as N.

Starry

Hmm, I wonder what other trends we can find in dissecting the population here. Not to post something totally off the intention of this thread, perhaps we can start another, but I'd be curious to explore the population here, see why certain types are attracted to this site, and what, about this site attracts that type of individual. Never thought about this site attracting Sx doms. Interesting!

*edit: forgot to mention Starry, I don't tend to look all that deep into people's actions on this site so if you accidentally overlook a post of mine for example, I really won't think anything of it, same goes for likes (I feel some members may give likes WAY too much thought :p) I give people the benefit of the doubt by default. At times, too much so! Long story short, you're good:newwink:

That would have made me so uncomfortable though!. Like, I feel like I've done that before...perhaps many times. Say the exact opposite of the post directly above because I missed it leaving that poster to be like wtf? Anyway, I do think what you said is the prevailing understanding.